Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Special Edition 196

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 18>
Author
LGKen82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGKen82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 7:53pm
Hey guys - Ken from Adirondack Marine here. First I just want to say how excited we are to help out with the Northeast reunion and that it is in our backyard this year. We're hoping for a great weekend!!

In reference to the CCF boat, I agree with everyone of you that this boat should be the official CCF boat and go to Keith. Keith and myself have exhausted every option with Correct Craft to try and make that happen. From Keith's visit to Orlando in the spring and the extensive calls to Correct Craft we have had some assistance, but not enough from the corporate level to help make this boat available for Keith. We are very appreciative of the help that they have given and hope for more in the future. We are hoping that once Correct Craft sees the response that this boat draws from existing and new customers, they will realize the importance of CCF and Keith having a signature boat to help represent the product. There is no better candidate. The passion that is put forth by Keith and you all is amazing. I don't think Correct Craft has a full understanding as to how important and unique this is.

Myself and the crew at Adk Marine are excited to be one of the many that are able to make this boat possible. Our intentions are to keep this boat within the CCF family and make sure that it is represented at both/all reunions. All proceeds from this boat will be going directly to Keith and CorrectCraftFan.com in recoginition of his outstanding work and to help keep this website and all events moving onward and upward.

I look forward to meeting all of you in Lake George and thanks again!! Ken
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by KenADKmarine KenADKmarine wrote:

Hey guys - Ken from Adirondack Marine here. First I just want to say how excited we are to help out with the Northeast reunion and that it is in our backyard this year. We're hoping for a great weekend!!

Ken, Welcome to the site. Just wanted to make sure you know how awesome it is that a Correct Craft dealer has finally stepped up to the plate. I helped Keith organize the first 2 Green Lake reunions and it's amazing how difficult it is to get local dealership support. You've raised the bar pretty high now, Your support is outstanding and because of outfits like yours we'll be making the 900 mile trek to Lake George in September with boat in tow. Can't wait to meet the rest of our northeast contingency.

Thank you
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 10:38pm
Welcome Ken,

I was waiting for you to chime in. Ken and I talked alittle about this boat while were up at Lake George for a week of July 12-19 with the family. We chatted about what this boat has and how awesome its going to turn out. I cant wait to see some of you footers behind this boat oh what do you all vote on how many can be pulled by this I have seen 6 behind someones boat could this do 8 strong footers? I mentioned to Ken when we plan on heading up to Log Bay to have aerial photos of as many boats heading up or even some Hi-def video with some low flybys but we will see if that happens.

Cant wait to see this final project. Congrats to Keith and Ken and Correct Craft making this boat come true.
-Phil
LGKen82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGKen82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 11:02pm
Thanks Alan,
It's a pleasure and an honor to be part of it.

It was great seeing you Phil in LG and glad you had a good time, I have a call into a friend who has a helicopter and I'm going to see what he can do. I'll keep you posted

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 11:47pm
Wow, I'm playing catch-up with this outstanding thread. Congratulations on bringing CCF.com and all of us to the next level, Keith. We're definitely on the Correct Craft Inc. radar thanks to you.

I didn't know how the orange would look, but I love the shade as shown in the production photos. That boat will have plenty of get-up-and-go!!! I was disappointed to see the Python engine go, but this makes up for it. I hope the graphics have an old school look. I want to see this boat have it's own Correct Craft brochure!

Ken

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

I don't know Joel, I think the blue looks pretty sweet.

Absolutely! I would definitely go for the blue stripe, no decals on the side, and "Correct Craft - Competition Tow Boat" (in the same blue and font as "CCFan") decals on the transom...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 7:14am
Darn... once again, I didn't get the right numbers on the lottery...
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 10:22am
Congats Keith...very cool boat! I think it speaks volumes that you guys have accomplished this without the factory doing it all.

I also like the blue accent all the way through...nice touch.

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 10:34am
I think the side graphics off the 78 Ski Nautique would suit the single coloured hull the best.

It looks a little to plain without decals. Also as a promo boat the marketing of the brand will be important.

It would be nice though with more of a retro look to suit this awesome web site.

Congrats Keith on the website and the relationship your are developing with CC.

I dont know what I did with my leisure time before finding this site. It's addictive I check my email first thing in the morning then have a quick browse thru CCFan before hitting the grindstone.      
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 10:55am
OUTSTANDING EXCELLENT COLOR CHOICE.

the blue stripe is a nice touch, graphics on the sides would be cool enstead of the smaller CCF logo towards the rear, but like the 70's graphics using the CCF logo with a modified swope of the underscoring F in fan so that it flattens out after the rr in correct and continues forward to a point like the 70's style was like.

transom graphics

Correct Craft Fan
Limited Edition

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 11:11am
If any side graphics were to go on there, I think the 80-81 graphics in blue would look amazing, and would look modern enough to match the boat nicely. I still vote for the plain sides though.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 11:24am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

transom graphics

Correct Craft Fan
Limited Edition

79, that's a great idea!

LGKen82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGKen82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 12:10pm
Keith,
What do you think about putting the blue strips down the seat back and base of the back seat?   
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by KenADKmarine KenADKmarine wrote:

Keith,
What do you think about putting the blue strips down the seat back and base of the back seat?   

that sounds cool but maybe also continue on the pads of the storage lockers, but in solid white, enstead of the factory designed swope, as to look like a continous stripe the length of the boat.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I think the 80-81 graphics in blue would look amazing,.

Joel, Do you need another "Old School" fix? . You know it's there for you anytime you need to work that out of your system.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 12:59pm
I too really like the deck 'racing stripe' and agree it would look great going down the back of the driver's seat, across the hatch cover, and perhaps down the transom.

I'll put a call into Correct Craft today and see what our options are at this point.

Keep the feedback coming!

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

It looks a little to plain without decals. Also as a promo boat the marketing of the brand will be important.

I also believe this is very important. Too many times you see some "special edition" that is so over jazzed it's comical. "Ski Nautique" needs to be there, the styling is already based off CCFan.
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 1:56pm
Keith,

I'm recently registered but a longtime lurker here.

First, congratulations on the custom Nautique. Like others here, I agree that all your hard work regarding this valuable site should be rewarded by CC.

The boat looks phenomenal. Colors are wayback cool and the racing stripe is awesome.

I wanted to weigh in on the side graphics. For me, one of the most legendary attributes of a Nautique is the lettering down the side. It makes a bold, proud statement. While I'm typically a very "no bling" kind of guy, I think this attribute is key to giving the boat the appropriate identity it deserves.

Suggestion - Why not pick a particular year that included the racing stripe as part of the styling and "re-create" the graphics of that year?

Regardless of the direction you go here, this is a great idea and you deserve the boat for yourself.

Nicely done!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Keith,

I don't think you have to worry about it selling. Both Reid and Tim are going to be at Lake George.

If Reid needs to raise some money by selling his beloved Classic, I'd like to be first in line for that one.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 3:14pm
I think the key is going to be to get some mock-ups in place and then vote on them.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 3:20pm
This is going to be way too cool of a boat. I like the racing stripe idea and continuing it into the upholstry. I also agree with Chris. The swope upholstry should be deleted if the stripe is put into it.

I agree with Kevin too. As much as I think it would look really cool without the side graphics, it's a Ski Nautique and it should be displayed proudly so that everyone knows exactly who made it.

Please, please, please tell me this won't have a tower on it either!!!!! A modern day craft that is supposed to take on the aura of the classic boats before it cannot have a tower. It just ain't right.

Just wish I had enough money to puck down on this thing because it would be an awesome boat to own.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 3:23pm
Agreed Joel. Here are some ideas (the side graphics could be any color):

Blank (cira 1972):

1976 Graphics (which did also have the deck stripe):

1986 Graphics:

The gel has already been decided. The graphics are being applied at Adirondack Marine so we can decide that as a group.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 3:40pm
Keith, congrats again for getting the boat built- its a testament to how great this site is! The opportunity for all of us to follow along as its being built will also be very cool to see.

I love the orange gel- very nice touch. I agree that there should be a large Ski Nautique logo on the side- it would look bare without it. A boot stripe would set off the all-orange scheme as well. Maybe Im alone on this one, but I dont care for the orange/blue combo on a boat- then again maybe its because Im not a Syracuse or Knicks fan. I think another accent color like silver or gray or (preferably) black would look better- like the early 70's promo boats.

Not sure how difficult it would be, but a retro-ish interior would be cool as well. Instead of the usual swoosh pattern, a plain pattern with some pleats would look awesome.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 3:52pm
Wow, this is turning out to be one really sharp boat.

Good point about having lettering on a promo boat. I'd still prefer nekkid, but if not, the '76 graphics would look great in blue.

My vote:
- Blue Stripe
- Blue Stripe through upholstery with swoosh delete
- Possibly a blue stripe in upholstered side panels?
- 60's metal or 70's plastic CC emblems
- metal "Ski Nautique" emblem on dash
- CCF.com logo on windshield and transom in blue
- positively NO TOWER! This is a SKI Nautique.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 4:05pm
I dont know on the full retro interior idea, it is a new boat with a new boat price and should feel like one, IMHO. There is definitely a need for a large Ski Nautique lettering on the side thats just how people are going to recognize how I, um mean the eventual owner, rolls.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 4:12pm
Beyond the CCF logo, a custom interior was not an option presented to me. The interior has already been ordered but I'm checking on what can still be changed. All Silver Cloud (i.e. off-white) may still be an option on the hatch covers. Continuing the stripe in the upholstery is probably not an option, but I will definitely see. We are restricted to the standard offerings for the most part. The rub rail, and custom graphics are not major production changes.

The reaction to the boat has been exactly what I was hoping for -- everyone seems very excited. Don't forget, the boat resumes production on Monday, July 28 and we'll then have daily photo updates of its progress!

This particular boat will not have a tower so we don't need to discuss that any more. As Steve said, this boat is a Ski Nautique.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 4:25pm
I love the graphics in the middle example above. Can you show that in blue and in white?
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Continuing the stripe in the upholstery is probably not an option, but I will definitely see.-Keith

Hmmm...I bet it would be no problem for Christine's!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 4:28pm
Well if we're voting on graphics, I think I go with the 76, color unimportant.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 4:35pm
The more I think about it, the more it seems like mis-matched era graphics is not going to look right. It's going to look like when someone takes an older SN and puts new graphics on it- just out of place. I'm a huge fan of graphic eras on the CORRECT era boat. I think if any graphics should go on it, it should be the 2006-present standard Ski Nautique graphics, in white or straight black to pay homage to the 72 orange promo. That way the new owner doesn't get some sort of a frankenstein boat- they get a true 09 SN with some nice little touches.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 18>
  Share Topic