NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Special Edition 196

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 18>
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 5:48pm
Not wild about blue lettering. Keep it white on the sides.

Whatever you do, the boat needs to flow. It can't be a hodge podge of different eras and ideas that don't work together.

Keep it classy and timeless. BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 5:48pm
Keith,

For reference here are a couple pic's of the Paragon, as you can see the transom has "Paragon" and below that in block "Limited Edition", the "Glen Lake" we added, the sides had "Paragon" and in block "By Correct Craft".
The Black stripe was factory painted.

Going to be a very cool boat no matter what, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

The more I think about it, the more it seems like mis-matched era graphics is not going to look right. It's going to look like when someone takes an older SN and puts new graphics on it- just out of place. I'm a huge fan of graphic eras on the CORRECT era boat. I think if any graphics should go on it, it should be the 2006-present standard Ski Nautique graphics, in white or straight black to pay homage to the 72 orange promo. That way the new owner doesn't get some sort of a frankenstein boat- they get a true 09 SN with some nice little touches.

I agree with the first point- Im not crazy about older boats with newer graphics and paint schemes. I think this is a little different though- this is a one-of boat that will both pay homage to the classic Correct Craft ski boat as well as showcase all of the 2009 appointments. If its subdued and classy, I think it will look great- and vinyl decals arent exactly permanant either if someone wants to make a change down the line.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:16pm
Hey guys,
Here's what we could do on the interior. If it's not too late, we could drop the orange stripe on the interior and make it just the Vapor Blue accent stripe and CCF logo.

Here is the '76 graphics in blue:

'76 graphics in white:

2009 graphics in 'Standard':

2009 graphics in 'optional':

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:21pm
... or the 2009 'Optional' graphic in white:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

The more I think about it, the more it seems like mis-matched era graphics is not going to look right.

...this is a one-of boat that will both pay homage to the classic Correct Craft ski boat as well as showcase all of the 2009 appointments. If its subdued and classy, I think it will look great...

I see merit on both sides of the argument.

I view CC as being a brand very similar to Harley Davidson. Both companies have a long history with many great iconic products, especially when it comes to design. Harley often will adorn their current model year with emblems and paint schemes that replicate or are heavily influenced from their past models. They have been so successful with this approach, that other motorcycle manufacturers are replicating retro bikes they never made back in the day!

Isn't there precedent in the current CC offerings showing graphics that are influenced by some of the classic designs?

To my eye, the 196 still retains many classic lines from boats in the '70's. I think making a special one-off that picks up on cues from the past that fit (especially with the blessing of corporate and the dealership) will be very effective.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:43pm
I love the blue accent stripe. Definitely keep that. After seeing the options for the side graphics, I really like the optional '09 black graphics toward the stern but I think that'll interfere with the CCF graphics. The standard '09 graphics in black would look good too.

Like those options much better than the '76 graphics.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:48pm
I agree with Eddie. I think the 2009 Optional White or Black graphic near the stern looks good. It keeps thinks simple, current, properly Ski Nautique branded, but still flows with the minor changes to the deck and the rest of the boat. What do other's think?

How about the interior with just the blue accent. I probably need to make that decision today (if it's not already too late).

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:49pm
Another vote for the optional 09 black graphics. Looks sweet. New interior looks better too.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:51pm
How about the optional graphics and add a boot stripe?

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:52pm
I like the interior with just the blue piping. The sides I sort of lean toward the standard 09 graphics.
Greg

86 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:52pm
Interior with just the blue accent looks good. There's enough orange already on the boat.

I like 2009 graphics in standard with the ccf logo.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:54pm

How about the optional graphics and add a boot stripe?

How about just the boot stripe with no graphics & a chrome Correct Craft emblem on the back?
Greg

86 BFN
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:57pm
If you want modern factory graphics, I like the optional SN placement in black.

One way or the other, the deck stripe needs to have some continuity with side hull graphics. I'd say black stripe and black logo or blue stripe and blue logo.

I vote to lose the orange in the interior as well.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:58pm
Oh yeah, the boot stripe is a great idea.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 6:59pm
Does the exterior need some blue to tie in with the interior and deck blue accents?

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 7:07pm
Just do the boot stripe & optional graphics in blue.
Greg

86 BFN
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 7:10pm
09 optional. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Dawg2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawg2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 7:12pm
Hello all, I am newly registered but have been a fan of this site for a couple of years now. You guys have helped me tremendously. This boat is going to be awesome!! I personally like the 2009 optional graphics in black (the 76 graphics seem a bit busy). But I wonder how a blue racing stripe with blue interior accents will look with black side graphics. I think that if you go with a blue stripe maybe the graphics should be blue. or you could go with black stripe and graphics. Any way you go it will be a very, very cool boat.
85 SN2001 Will Rogers said: "I'm not affiliated with any organized political party, I'm a Democrat."
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

I say do away with the blue altogether! All graphics (Ski Nautique on side, boot stripe, racing stripe on the deck, and the CCF logo) should be black. Interior should be all white with a small black accent- theres plenty of orange on the deck to keep it from looking plain.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 7:17pm

Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

I say do away with the blue altogether! All graphics (Ski Nautique on side, boot stripe, racing stripe on the deck, and the CCF logo) should be black. Interior should be all white with a small black accent- theres plenty of orange on the deck to keep it from looking plain.

Agreed.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 7:22pm
Black and orange is too ordinary. The deck with the blue stripe and interior with blue accent is a great look. Build off of that. It needs a little blue on the hull, but the 76 graphics in blue is way too much. 2009 graphics in 'Standard' is the best yet.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 7:26pm
This is a good idea. Only issue is it might be too late. I'm looking into it.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 7:28pm
Just a thought...how about putting the reunion graphics in the middle of 'SKI NAUTIQUE' like the airs are. Add 'FOR' to the CCFan part and put 'by Corrsct Craft' where the '08 reunion part is?

I don't mean huge and tacky...I do think it should be on the classy side. It's a new boat and my other thought is new graphics.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 7:31pm
I totally agree that would look awesome (black and orange) however, if I'm not mistaken, the blue and orange are the CCF colors.

Here's my vote:
-Blue racing stripe
-White seats with blue piping only (lose the orange)
-76 graphics in white
-Chrome CCF logo on the back sides
-        "Limited Edition
       World Record Towboat"
on the stern            
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 7:54pm
Keith,

Could you render up the side shot with Vapor Blue instead of black? Are the decals the drip style? If so, wondering how the silver metalic/chrome would look if available. Are the seat bottoms going to be the grey / silver cloud mix? My opinion is whatever the deck stripe color is the side graphics should match.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 8:11pm
Original 2009 "SKI NAUTIQUE" decals, white or black standard or optional.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 8:59pm
As all of you know, the boat is in mid-production. Since production was shutdown this week, we were able to make a minor change to the interior (drop the orange stripe).

The interior is now final and looks great:

With this complete, we can continue to discuss the exterior and stern graphics, which will all be applied after delivery to Adirondack Marine.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 9:42pm
What a great idea and what a great looking boat. It is exciting to think about who may end up with it. Here's to many more really cool ideas and things coming out of this site. Way to go Keith!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 9:50pm
Keith-
Awesome job with the boat and the site. If the boat turns out anything like the site, it will be a collector edition for sure.

Guys-
I can not believe that no one has mentioned this, but it is time to kick up the donations to Keith for a great site. He deserves this boat more than anyone on this forum, or anywhere for that matter! If CC can not make it happen for him, we need to, or at least get him close enough that he can cover the rest. Before I wrote this, I checked and we have 4751 members on the site. Even if everyone pitched in $20, it would be more than enough. I know not everyone will, so I am going to up my donation a little to cover the others. Come on guys! I know none of you are hurting so bad you can not part with $20.

My donation is on the way, and although I can not make the NE reunion this year, I hope someday I can catch a ride behind Keith's new, classic, ride!

PS - If someone did mention this and I skimmed over it, I apologize.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 18>
  Share Topic