FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Special Edition 196

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 18>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2009 CCF Special Edition 196
    Posted: July-23-2008 at 2:36am
With a very special thanks to Adirondack Marine, I am happy to announce that a 2009 CorrectCraftFan.com Special Edition 196 is being built - and with the support of Pleasurecraft Marine, the boat will be powered by a PCM Catanium 409!

The boat will be completed in time for its unveiling at the 2008 Northeast Reunion taking place in Lake George, NY on September 12-14.

We also have the unique opportunity to document the boat build here on CorrectCraftFan.com. To learn more and to see pictures from the first two days of the boat's build visit: www.CorrectCraftFan.com/ccfboat.

A lot of time and energy has gone into making this happen. A very special thank you to Ken Reynolds of Adirondack Marine and David Hendricks of Correct Craft, Inc for all their hard work.

I hope everyone enjoys watching this truly special boat being built and, if you can make it to Lake George, NY this September, have a chance to drive or ski behind it in person.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 8:26am
I have only two things to say...

1) WOW AWESOME...!!!!!
2) Need to start playing on the lottery real fast!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 8:41am
Ah, another thing popped up just now...

Keith, CC should donate the frist one to you for all the fantastic work you do here!!!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 9:08am
I second that motion. I think that what you've done here Keith is well deserving of a the first CCfan limited edition boat free of charge or at least 90% off of retail.. We all know and so does Correct craft that this all wouldn't be possible without the dream and efforts that you've put forth. Thanks again for such a GREAT SITE!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 11:00am
WOW KEITH!!!

That is way too cool. What a trubute to you and this site (oh yeah, and all the Knotheads that help to make it great!!)

Great looking boat. Love the retro one color orange.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 11:28am
Holy cow man! that's awesome! I think the site's officially "big-time" now...can't wait to see those orange Decks

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 11:30am
That is sweet. I'd say leave off the Ski Nautique graphics completely. I think an older era set of graphics will just not look right on that boat. Leaving it plain orange is nice and clean.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I'd say leave off the Ski Nautique graphics completely.

I couldn't agree more!

While the boat is fantastic, I think seeing the relationship between CCF.Com and CC growing and expanding is even better. I hope there is more to come.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 12:34pm
No side graphics looks cool, what about a couple off center stripes down the deck, perhaps some graphics on the transom?

Gotta love that 409, 409hp & 492 foot-pounds of torque, 7 footers?
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 1:31pm
VERY cool Keith!

I'm sure we'll all enjoy watching it being built.

Thanks again for a great site and all the work you put into it.

Kyle
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 1:56pm
After creating the mock up with and without side graphics, I have to agree it looks really cool blank. A 'racing stripe' on the deck is an idea I had as well. Would you guys go with a white stripe or blue?

What graphics would everyone like on the transom?

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 3:09pm
I think if it said:

CORRECT CRAFT
COMPETITION TOW BOAT

on the back like the 70's rigs that would be sweet.

Definitely a white racing stripe rather than blue.

I also think a raised plastic/chrome "Correct Craft" emblem on the rear quarter by the other decals would be a nice touch, just like the 70's rigs.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 3:12pm
very awsome.. i was wondering will they come out for production or only 1 will be build.. if they will be for production will they be numberd as the silver nautiques??
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 4:06pm
I don't know Joel, I think the blue looks pretty sweet.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by k.o. k.o. wrote:

very awsome.. i was wondering will they come out for production or only 1 will be build.. if they will be for production will they be numberd as the silver nautiques??

Right now, only one boat has been ordered. If there is additional interest, others may be made but right now there is just the one.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 4:25pm
keith this is an awesome idea.
I think it needs the 80's SKI NAUTIQUE on the sides, I see this as a new boat with all the old school nautis touches, such as the stern decals, teak platform and step pads and chrome logos on the rear quarter or at least chromed decals.

As for myself I'd have gone with a white top with an orange stripe.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Right now, only one boat has been ordered. If there is additional interest, others may be made but right now there is just the one.

-Keith

Who ordered it?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 4:50pm
True duals???
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

-Keith

Who ordered it?

Adirondack Marine ordered it on my behalf and has agreed to hold the boat until it's sold.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

True duals???

Awesome idea. Probably too late now that the hull is out of the mold.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 4:57pm
Blue deck stripe all the way, that was my only comment out of the gate but since I saw the deck already in the mold I didnt want to nit pick.   But man I love deck stripes, I have a feeling unless a Fan buys this boat I am going to spend a lot of time hunting it down about 15-20 years from now.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

True duals???

Awesome idea. Probably too late now that the hull is out of the mold.

Tim B can fix it.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 5:02pm
If by true duals you mean exhaust then that is not possible with the 409 and the cat options, it is a heavily tooled exhaust system
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 5:02pm

-Keith

Who ordered it?

Adirondack Marine ordered it on my behalf and has agreed to hold the boat until it's sold.

-Keith

Now you're speaking the language my kids sometime speak. Is it your new ride?
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 5:07pm

-Keith

Who ordered it?

-Keith

Well, I for one am going to hope that this Special Edition CCF Nautique ends up in the right hand... As in Keith's right hand on the throttle!

Lunchdog's suggestion about the white deck and orange stripe isn't bad, but I like the colored deck. I suggest the blue stripe!

Kyle
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 5:24pm
How about all orange with no racing stripe, but a white boot stripe? And all white interior, no accents. Nothing on the sides but Correct Craft on the rear quarters.

Here's one I made up back in 2003 when I was looking at new boats.

What happened to the window for uploading photos?

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 5:25pm
Dual exhaust was discussed but determined to not be an option for this boat so it will be a standard single exhaust.

Custom gel was not an option either so the stripe would be a decal anyway -- so it's not too late for that.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 6:04pm

Now you're speaking the language my kids sometime speak. Is it your new ride?

Bruce,

Keith didn't say he didn't say it, what he said was he didn't say he said it.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 7:04pm
Adirondack Marine is doing everything they can but unfortunately, the boat is still out of my price range ... Barring that, my goal is to get the boat in the hands of another devoted CC fan and if the boat is sold outright, Adirondack Marine will donate all proceeds to CorrectCraftFan.com and a charity of choice.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 7:17pm
Keith,

I don't think you have to worry about it selling. Both Reid and Tim are going to be at Lake George.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 18>
  Share Topic