Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

V-Drive question for Eric or anybody

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V-Drive question for Eric or anybody
    Posted: August-05-2008 at 3:22pm
I have the V-Drive unit away from the trans but not far enough to remove. The v-drive aluminum hull mounts are angled up towrds the front. This makes the v-drive unit bind while sliding away from the trans. My question is: what do I do to be able to slide forward without binding? There are a lot of options and I just want the right one. Thank you all.
1997 Super Sport Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2008 at 3:46pm
I normally remove the trans as a complete unit, it may be a little tough the way you are attacking it. can I ask what is wrong with your v-drive? i got a call the other day for a complete new unit, was that you? they are economically rebuildable and if you need parts call TMI 800-462-8848 (Chris) or you will have to call Walter's direct......ask for Don at Walter's
dcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2008 at 3:55pm
nothing wrong with v-drive except leaky gaskets. I am removing this myself without a lift. I do see how one can remove the trans and v-drive unit together without a lift. That was not me for the new unit. What should I take off, v-drive/hull mounts (alminum) or the brackets off the v-drive unit or none of the above.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2008 at 4:44pm
i wouldnt move the brackets to far, it will really throw your alignment out, but again your going to check right?
you'll wish you had a midship mount after doing the alignment on the boat
dcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2008 at 5:25pm
I will check alignment. I will figure how to slide the v drive unit away. I will deal with the difficult alignment for a better wakeboard wake.It seems like if I bolt up the trans and then bolt up the trans to v-drive, bolt the v-drive to shaft coupling. After that I can bolt together the mounting brackets. That should line up due to correct alignment at disassembly time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic