NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft step plates

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft step plates
    Posted: January-27-2004 at 6:36pm
I recently purchased a 1971 Ski Nautique. The previous owner had replaced the original step plates that were white with Correct Craft written on them trimmed out in a cromed metal bracket with generic teak step plates. Does anyone have a lead on who might have a set of 4 that are for sale?

Thanks.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2004 at 6:59pm
i got some 'new' pads from mid-west cc a few years ago. they had air bubbles in the face, but latex paint will clean them up.

edit..my separator had teak step plates. stock.

ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2004 at 7:13pm
Do you have the crome trim that surrounds the pad?
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2004 at 7:53pm
nope, but they do pop up on ebay. i'll measure the stock surrounds. it seems like a pretty standard item.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2004 at 8:04pm
When you say that the pads you have have air bubbles in the face, do you mean that there are indentions of imperfections in all of the raised areas of them? If so, how would latex paint clean these areas up? I'm just asking to get a better understanding of what you are talking about.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2004 at 8:23pm
fill and shape the holes with caulk and latex over the top.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2004 at 8:31pm
scott do you have a fax#
kenny g
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2004 at 8:32pm
Thanks for the clarification. As far as looking for parts on eBay, what type of search words do you used when looking for parts? The times that I have looked I used either Correct Craft of Ski Nautique and my search results were VERY few. Any help would be appreciated. Would it be possible to email a picture or 2 of the pads?

Thanks.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2004 at 10:46pm
i'm at the barn with the camera, but i don't have the cord. exterior 8 7/8" by 3 3/8". interior 7 1/2" by 2 1/4" . step pads.

just chris craft ones now on ebay, but a regular search showed boaters world has a close exterior dimension.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2004 at 12:03pm
My fax number is 205-755-0475. Please mark it to my attention.

Thanks.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2004 at 12:30pm
I did not know they ever made them in black. The ones that came on my boat were white. If I can not find white, black will do. Sorry about giving you the wrong #.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
PKster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PKster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2004 at 2:19pm
I would be careful about size when ordering. I have the chrome frames and bought some pads from eBay. The pads that I bought had the words, "Correct Craft" written in the script with the banner "C's". When placed in my frames, they were too narrow and too long. but only by about a quarter inch in each direction. Very strange but true enough. Size DOES matter.

Paul

Additionally....in case anyone wants to change the color of their stock cream color pads, I purchased some flat black enamel spray paint and sprayed them. Once dried, I also sprayed them with a double coat of clear to protect them. After all........people DO step on them.
PKster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PKster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2004 at 2:23pm
Scott,

Key word for eBay is "Correct Craft". That's all you need to type in. Everything comes up.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2004 at 2:54pm
i'm hitting the barn after the boat show. i'll measure again. pk is right, some are off 1/4 inch.

you can also type in nautique and pick up some odd stuff.

anybody bidding on roscobasses items? mirrors ect. i'm thinking about it.

i did find a bubble front bow light with the separator vane. they have a few.
PKster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PKster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2004 at 3:06pm
I'm thinking about bidding on the coupler and shaft. It's pretty cheap. I know he said he can't say if it's straight or not. It's worth the gamble. Just to have it for a spare. Cuz ya never know.
68 Free View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68 Free Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2004 at 4:55pm
I am interested in knowing if you ever found new step pads. I have a 68 FreePro with the originals but there in pretty bad shape.

I was thinking of casting some but would much rather purchase some.
Repairing 68 FreePro
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2004 at 5:48pm
this guy has a few of the wrong sizes.link, but he might be worth a phone call.
vandefasselman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandefasselman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2005 at 3:27pm
Are you still looking for step pads? I am trying to find a set of correct pads for my '57 atom skier. I have what I believe are what you need. I bought them in '72 when I was working for a Correct Craft dealer. They are not the right ones for my atom skier and if I find a set of the proper pads, what I have now will be available.   
Greenwood Lake Woodies
'57 Atom Skier
Nate View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2005 at 5:03pm
Wait a second... the metal step plates with the teak inlay isn't original?... i've got a '78 Ski Nautique
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2005 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by vandefasselman vandefasselman wrote:

Are you still looking for step pads? I am trying to find a set of correct pads for my '57 atom skier. I have what I believe are what you need. I bought them in '72 when I was working for a Correct Craft dealer. They are not the right ones for my atom skier and if I find a set of the proper pads, what I have now will be available.   
barr68
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2005 at 7:13pm
vandefasselman,

I do not have any step plates with the rubber pads as of yet. If you decide you will not need the ones you have, let me know. I want to buy them from you. I am way behind on my restoration project, so I have not been working too hard to locate any. My phone number is 877-201-4296.

Thanks!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2005 at 7:16pm
Nate,
The last year the rubber step pans were used was 1972. The aluminum step pad with teak wood strips was used afterwards.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2005 at 7:08pm
Looks like another item some one should re make and sell ????
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2005 at 7:13pm
Sounds like another part someone should remake
and sell to fans ??
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2005 at 12:44am
Ahh gotcha, thanks scottz
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2005 at 1:33am
vandefasselman,
Just checking on the step pads. Are they still available?
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Trent View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2005 at 5:54pm
I bought some teak at the local specialty lumber store for $10. I cut four rectangles, set the table saw to a low height, and ran each piece across it five times to create treads. It looks awesome on my 69 mustang. Be sure to put lots of teak oil on it.
PKster View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PKster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2005 at 7:18pm
A guy I know who knows another guy that has a friend has a connection for the white step pads. I am ordering some this weekend for several CC Fans. The cost is 120 bucks for a set of four plus 5 bucks for shipping.

PKsterO1@comcast.net

E-mail if interested.
PKster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PKster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2005 at 7:23pm
By the way, there are several people ordering at the same time..........the more that order, the cheaper I can get these pads. I don't know how long these will be available.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2005 at 6:13pm
Refer to the Parts For Sale section on the Forums. Look under Tread Pads. I bought 4 of them for $20 each plus a few dollars for postage. They look great. I am still in need of the crome trim rings though.

Below is the direct link.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2163&PN=1
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic