NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ethanol in gas =poor perofrmance?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 11:24am
if you can take a green corn husk and make it burn cost effectively, you can surely take a fossil that burns easily and convert...i would think
"the things you own will start to own you"
gigem75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigem75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 1:29pm
coal gasification like what the Germans did produces methanol, from that you can make just about anything. Our company has been doing it for over 25 years. We're investing a couple of billion down on the coast in a coal gasification project to produce methanol as the feedstock to replace natural gas feedstock in the olefin stream. It will also use the coke byproduct from gasoline refineries which they basically trhow away now. Improvements in the technology and the rising price of natural gas plus some tax breaks make it economically feasable. The main drawback is that the process produces huge quanities of CO2. From what I understand they'll take the CO2 and pump it back into old oil wells to repressurize the formation so more oil can be squeezed out of an old well.
I've been running B100 in a 28 year old 240D for going on three years now with no problems other than replacing the old fuel lines with newer that won't be melted by the bio. I did have to replace the two fuel filters a couple of times when I first started using it. It is a great solvent and scrubbed the inside of the fuel tans squeaking clean. After that I just replace them at the normal intervals. I played around with methanol recovery but it takes time and energy to do and quit doing it. I guess when methanol gets way high which it already is I'll redesign my condensor and give it another shot.

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 3:12pm
you sure you aint makin corn whiskey? and it will just happen to burn in a car
"the things you own will start to own you"
gigem75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigem75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 4:06pm
the stuff off the top goes in the milk jug, the bottom goes in the car:)
Booty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 10:39pm
make sure you get the ethanol out of your alcohol or you will go blind, thats the trouble with moonshiners they think is all drinkable.
Booty
82,2001 82,2001
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2012 at 11:57am
Ethanol- Is a JOKE--- what has it done to lower fuel cost? NOTHING- What has it done to increase FOOD prices.MUCH!Lets not disturb those rather large companies in the mid-west region that produce the seed.
Archer Daniels,comes to mind.. Those self serving politicians receive major dollars from these BIG CATS..

...................we pay the price.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic