Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PCM 40 Transmission Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCM 40 Transmission Question
    Posted: August-07-2008 at 11:36pm
While removing the trans I have notice that there is trans fluid in the aft section. Is there suppose to be fluid in there or is the seal leaking? I am referring to area beneath the linkage mounting plate.
1997 Super Sport Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2008 at 9:47am
between the v-drive and the front half? if so, no
there is also a front seal on the walter's, is it Dexron or 30w?
"the things you own will start to own you"
dcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2008 at 10:12am
Yes between the V-Drive and the Walters. Dexron it is. I am the same guy with pink trans fluid. Need a new oil cooler. I have inspected the clutches both reverse and forward and they look fine. All gears are fine. I will be removing the output shaft nut today so that I can remove the drum for further inspection. I will be ordering a seal kit from skidim. There is no burning smell or any scorched metal. I think I got lucky.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2008 at 11:21am
look closely at the forward drum near the seal ring area, look for a hairline crack,and scoring in the case bore where the seal rings ride. JA Chamberlin may have better pricing on the seal kit
dcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2008 at 3:59pm
Eric, I am trying to remove the output shaft nut. Wow, that is tight. My compressr is down so I went next door and his compressor with his impact wrench did not move the nut. I do not want to heat the nut. I think i need to take to a shop with more air and a better impact wrench. How do you remove that nut?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2008 at 4:16pm
on the PCM? they are sometimes very tight and heat is a must, and a 1/2 impact, you do get a new one in the seal and gasket kit so dont worry about destroying the nut   36mm? i believe thin wall
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic