NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake George Arrival Plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake George Arrival Plans
    Posted: August-13-2008 at 12:23pm
Trying to figure out how much vacation to take here and what to tell a couple crony's who are on the fence about attendance when are people looking to arrive and leave from Lake George. I am leaning towards getting in with the first and out with the last since it is so close to home but I don't what those days are...
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
LGKen82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGKen82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 12:49pm
Joe-
In reference to launching, you guys will have all access starting on Thurs afternoon until whenever. So if you want to stay later then Sun. it's no issue on our part. If you would like to come and launch earlier then Thurs, that's not a problem either just give me some heads up so I know your coming.
Our launch is a little tricking and we would like to have someone assisting you when boats are coming in and out. If anyone is pulling with a small vehicle we will be happy to hook up and launch for you.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. (518)668-2658 - Ken
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 3:10pm
Hi Joe, we plan to arrive Friday afternoon and stay till Sunday afternoon.

-Brad
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 3:23pm
Joe, I think we're on the same time schedule as Brad, in friday out sunday afternoon. Unless something changes at work thats about the most time away I could manage.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 3:23pm
I am 90% sure I will be coming with the boat and family and a couple of friends. I'll probably arrive on Friday around 7:00. Maybe earlier if I can talk my wife into letting me pick up my daughter early from school.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 6:58pm
I'm coming in Saturday at 6:00pm just in time to eat and pick up my trophy(s) and then split immediately thereafter. Oh crap, Alan's gonna be there isn't he? Well no trophies then so I guess we'll be arriving Friday (maybe even Thursday evening) and leaving Monday AM. I've heard that the brew at the Adirondack Pub and Brewery is great, so I may stay all week.

Also, isn't Jeff Kostis coming? I haven't seen his name yet. I need to know how fast my boat needs to be and I recall his is rather quick. But wait, JoeNY will have the nitro-stroker also. I guess I'd better get off here and start turning wrenches.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I'm coming in Saturday at 6:00pm just in time to eat and pick up my trophy(s) and then split immediately thereafter. Oh crap, Alan's gonna be there isn't he?

Reid, I heard they shipped the Trophy from Orlando today but I'm a little worried because no one called for my address.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 7:09pm
And here I'm coming with my old stock boat. Maybe I should enter into the 'unmolested' category. ;)
1978 Nautique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

Maybe I should enter into the 'unmolested' category.

You better hope that Quinner doesnt show up... he'll molest anything.

I was tentatively planning on doing some skiing in the Albany area on Thurs, and heading up to Lake George sometime Friday morning. Ill probably head back sometime Sunday- likely late.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 8:11pm
Hey Guys,
I'll be in Lake George Thursday, no later than noon. I'll have my boat and will be looking for people to ski and foot with.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 10:42pm
We plan on arriving Friday morning launching the boat as soon as possible and finding somewhere smooth to warm up for some weekend fun. As of right now my father and I and hope my brother joins us. We are staying up in diamond point area at the same place we stay for a week in July, covered boat slip the owner of the resort couldn't wait to here our boat start at 6am because of dual exhaust on the old 85's like you all know that sound. Well hope to connect up before the 4pm meet up.
Talk to you all soon

-phil
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 2:28am
Alright good talk here, some 90% stuff needs to get finalized in the right direction and I need to rejet the nitrous setup if Reid is actually planning to bring a contender along, but so far it sounds like certainly Thursday is in play for the hardcore and people are definitely going to need to be around for at least the daylight hours on Sunday. (Although if anyone is staying overnight sunday I am willing to entertain staying around till monday). Registrations are already up to the mid twenties for boats... whats everyone else's tentative plans, we can get into whos staying where, arrival times and phone numbers in another week or so
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Alright good talk here, some 90% stuff needs to get finalized in the right direction and I need to rejet the nitrous setup if Reid is actually planning to bring a contender along, but so far it sounds like certainly Thursday is in play for the hardcore and people are definitely going to need to be around for at least the daylight hours on Sunday. (Although if anyone is staying overnight sunday I am willing to entertain staying around till monday). Registrations are already up to the mid twenties for boats... whats everyone else's tentative plans, we can get into whos staying where, arrival times and phone numbers in another week or so

Don't worry about me Joe; just talking the usual smack. I'm gonna be hanging with Mark Mel in the bone stock class like at GL this year. I think the theme's gonna be orange crush so he and I might fit right in.

Mark, I really do like that boat of yours.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 5:27pm
What, Reid, no Skiff? Nuts. Thought you were flying in. Sounds like you're driving in and bringing a boat. Just did Pinehurst to Cape Cod...16 hours, arrgh. Last few trips I've gone to Roanoke down to Greensboro just to avoid the traffic on 95. That took 15 hours. That run from Roanoke to Greensboro is tough, windy hilly road, tough on the Odyssey tranmission. Decided to go home via Raleigh and 95. MISTAKE!! As always, 95 was a mess and the 14 hour trip took 16. At least you got a clean shot up 77. There is no good way to get out of Pinehurst up to 81.

Critter just did it and now it looks like uncle jim will be doing it soon. Lots of NC-Northeast action this month.

Have a good trip, looking forward to meeting you. Glad you're making the effort to join us.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 5:51pm

Thanks.

Now I have to give her a wax and oil the platform and change the rub rail rope.

I'm hoping someone will bring a timing light in their toolbox and maybe help me check my timing. ;)

Oh and looking at Reid's pics in the diarys, there is no way I'm lifting my engine cover. lol
1978 Nautique

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 5:57pm
Reid are you just going to have the boat delivered then? figured you just take cash or a certified note from the bank to pay for your next boat.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 6:26pm
Larry, flying's just gotten too expensive, but also we couldn't take the mutts, and they love a CCFan event. We're staying at the Balsam motel/cottages which loves dogs, just a block from main location.

Chris, I know what you're hinting at and I only wish, but it's not in the cards for us. I'm gonna take lots of picts and drive that Orange Crush though.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 7:52pm
I'd like to drive it too. I've never driven a modern Correct Craft. This one's got to be one of the fastest they've made.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 8:15pm

Don't worry about me Joe; just talking the usual smack. I'm gonna be hanging with Mark Mel in the bone stock class like at GL this year. I think the theme's gonna be orange crush so he and I might fit right in.

I figure a little smack talking never hurts to drive up the attendance...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

I'm hoping someone will bring a timing light in their toolbox and maybe help me check my timing. ;)

Find me when you get there, I will have a timing light with me as I am planning to give it at least one nitrous run while there and will need to be able to drop the timing back to do so.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 10:31pm

I need to know how fast my boat needs to be and I recall his is rather quick. But wait, JoeNY will have the nitro-stroker also.

Well, that assumes that bad boy holds together now doesn't it? BKH
Livin' the Dream

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 11:00pm
First it assumes I get it together ... so I better go work on that.

Back to the topic of the post looks like I will be up there and hopefully in the water before noon on Thursday.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 12:03am

We'll be arriving early afternoon Friday and leaving Sunday afternoon.
Hopefully no one buys this boat before the reunion.
                          Gary
Watch your fingers.

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 12:29am
Joe- This guy and 48 of his buddies will arrive Friday afternoon. I don't think they'll stay long- what do you guys think?

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 12:33am

Mmmmmmmmmm... Beer.
Watch your fingers.

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 12:24pm
Niceee Brad that looks good!

Maybe this was already discussed (I haven't been around in awhile):
Is anyone camping for the weekend?
If so, where?
(Just in case my schedule frees up and I can jump in the MH at the last minute and head north.)
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Joe- This guy and 48 of his buddies will arrive Friday afternoon. I don't think they'll stay long- what do you guys think?

That Beer may look too good to drink but I guess I will soldier through it and save the empty..

Nobody has really talked about camping but now might be a good time. I havent made motel reservations yet but thats my intent for this year. I didnt find much open in the way of the state owned parks so I was planning to motel/hotel it this year and scout the campsites while I am there to look at doing something more camping oriented next year when something central and perhaps on an island can be found. Alan is bringing a bounder so I am guessing he has found a campsite he could share?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 2:41pm
Go back to the original annoucement of the event. Keith put in a link to accomdations including campsites. I am leaning towards camping. There is one right around the corner, about 2 miles from downtown. Forget the name, but you will see it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

[QUOTE=Barracuda]
Nobody has really talked about camping but now might be a good time. I havent made motel reservations yet but thats my intent for this year. I didnt find much open in the way of the state owned parks so I was planning to motel/hotel it this year and scout the campsites while I am there to look at doing something more camping oriented next year when something central and perhaps on an island can be found. Alan is bringing a bounder so I am guessing he has found a campsite he could share?

Joe, we're gonna rough it this trip and stay at the Marine Village Resort. A little too far and not enough time to make the Bounder work out for us.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Joe, we're gonna rough it this trip and stay at the Marine Village Resort. A little too far and not enough time to make the Bounder work out for us.

Sometimes you got to travel light I guess, you are still towing the boat though right? I will be at the Marine Village Resort from Thursday night though Sunday day, Sunday night still up in the air...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic