Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Early 90’s "Dash Pod" Engraved Plaques

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Daveinater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveinater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early 90’s "Dash Pod" Engraved Plaques
    Posted: August-20-2008 at 10:21am
Hey all,

Does anyone know of a source for the plastic "plaques" that Correct Craft engraved and glued to the dash pods on early 90's models?

I have a 1992 Sport Nautique that has two moulded-in areas on the dash pod that I've seen has two plaques there were glued onto those areas...one had the boat name, ie "Sport Nautique" and the other I'm told had the name of the buyer who ordered the boat (?) They are shaped like a rectangle that has been "pushed over" to the right, if that makes sense.

Anyone have a source for these, in the right shape and the funky block letters that CC used on the hull (and these plaques) back then?

Thanks,
Dave
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 11:09am
You can still get a customized nameplate from Correct Craft.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveinater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 12:33pm
Duh...I never even thought of that. I didn't figure they'd even deal with something like that...thanks!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 1:02pm
In the reference section are some owners manuals, the last page typically has an order form:

2004 Owners Manual
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 2:05pm
thanks quinner! I am going to get one....and get rid of the original owners name.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 2:18pm
Joel is right- I got a new nameplate from CC after I bought my '90.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 3:43pm
Cool, my 96' is missing the right side name plate. Now I can badge the boat properly !!!

Thanks Guys..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2008 at 12:39am
Moj, you can post the file I sent to you today to help everyone.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 1:36pm
Just an update.....the address on the 2004 dash plaque order form has changed. My order never made it to them. They are now 14700 Aerospace drive orlando Fl 32832. Or you can call Sue at 407-855-4141 and order over the phone.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 3:07pm
This is the form Dave Hendricks forwarded to me this past summer. Should be the same..
Moj.
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 3:33pm
Thanks guys, I think I'll get one for my 86!      
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 4:20pm
That form has the wrong address.....the form is fine just dont mail it to that address, like I did. Oh, and the price has changed, $15.

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

This is the form Dave Hendricks forwarded to me this past summer. Should be the same..
Moj.
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 6:59pm
What about a replacement for the other side? The one that says "Sport Nautique" (or "Barefoot Nautique" in my case).
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 7:24pm
I was unable to get one for my 92 BFN. They had the custom one on the opposite side as normal. It was backwards. The other side was the rpm warning light, so i couldn't really switch them over.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Dank Dank wrote:

What about a replacement for the other side? The one that says "Sport Nautique" (or "Barefoot Nautique" in my case).

Call Sue at the number I listed in a previous post, she should be able to tell you what is available
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2009 at 9:29pm
Wonderfull thread, I always wondered what kind of plate would go there as I also have the empty space in the rigth side (the ski nautique plate in the left is there!!!).
This site always gives good info...
I'm sure I'll be ordering one for my self.
The godfather has just send me the new ordering form so anyone who wants it let me know i'll be glad to pm.... Thanks Dave!!! and thanks Dave for asking about the missing plates!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2009 at 9:31pm
and thanks to you all for sharing your knolewge with total strangers...... who share the same taste for boats!!! have a good 2009!!!!
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 2:10am
That is cool that you can still get these. I will be ordering one for my 88' 2001
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2009 at 2:31pm
I've just send the order form to sue...
pics of the outcome asap when the plaque arrives!!!
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2009 at 4:46pm
I ordered a name plate for mine a couple years ago then after I got it I wanted a new plaque for the "Sport Nautique" since it now looked really yellow next to the new plaque. I called and talked to someone, I think it was Sue, I have the name at home... Anyway, I never heard back from her as to if they were available or not. I may have to call her again if you are able to get these.

If your ordering one I would go ahead and get both of them if they are available since the old one will most likely be yellowed like mine was.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2009 at 4:57pm
Randy

for me is ok like that, i´m not a maniac for all the details....

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2009 at 5:53pm
randy just got a e-mail from sue regarding the model plaque and is no longer available...
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2009 at 7:26pm
kapla, Thanks for the update.

If someone would be able to get these made I would be interested in buying one. Seems they wouldn't be too hard to produce if you had the right material and machine.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2009 at 4:54pm
update.. on 1-30-09 i received mail from cc with the plaque i ordered, Imagine my smile when I opened the letter. It came with a congrats letter wich i will keep with the boats documantation. I still didn´t install it as i went on vacation. I returned on monday so probably will use the boat this weekend. So pics will be uploaded with the new item....
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 11:22pm
well
as promised pictures of the dash with the new plaques....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveinater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 11:26pm
Hey Sebastian,

Rumor has it that the lady at Correct Craft who is in charge of engraving those dash plaques had a nervous breakdown after throwing hundreds of them away trying to fit your entire name on it.

I hope you're satisfied!!

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 11:38pm
long name I guess....
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2009 at 7:18am
Kaplansky heh. Undercover Soviet KGB operative in Argentina.
The wakeboarding is a good cover.

Love the white guages very classy. My last ski boat had white face Faria gauges I miss that look.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic