Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rub rail - rope insert

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rub rail - rope insert
    Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:18am
Went to touch up a few spots that had come loose on my rub rail on my 85 2001. I removed the rope and soaked it in some bleach water to whiten it up some since it was removed. Went to put the rope back in after completing my work and was surprised that it did not make it back around to the center / rear of the boat. I did stretch it about every foot during the re-install but still came up short. I don't want to go through the hassle of trying this again so will probably look to place a small piece in the gap to fill. Any advice on buying just the rope insert ie: do I have to go through CC or can I get on line somewhere?
I would appreciate any inputs from the group.

Steve B
SRB
Towman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:36am
Steve,I replaced mine last year,used normal 5/8 x 50'cotton rope found at any marine supply store.
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2008 at 1:20am
Towman,
5/8 size seems right but cotton? I think of a softer rope when I think of cottom. My rope was pretty course and reminded me of the old western wrangler type rope. Let me know what yours was.

Thanks again for the reply!

Steve B
SRB
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2008 at 2:28am
Try 5/8" nylon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic