NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2008 Northeast Reunion Recap

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
Author
FFtwentythree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FFtwentythree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2008 Northeast Reunion Recap
    Posted: September-14-2008 at 12:50am
Well we were on the water all day up here in Lake george and an awesome time had by all.met a few new friends and had a good night at the awards dinner ...hats off to all the supporters
1966 Correct Craft Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 2:40pm
Fantastic event!

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 9:29pm
Norestr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 10:22pm
GREAT TIME IN LAKE GEORGE NY!!! Thank you everyone!!

Both boats ran great, thanks Craig and Fred at New England Correct Craft...

I really wanted some flat water to run the 77 SN (with the new 315HP) against the big dogs, maybe next year...

69 Barracuda took 1st in class, thanks to all who voted.

Paige (Barracuda Chick) and I will be at many more, see you soon.

Neil
Norestr
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 10:34pm
Here are some of the photos I have put together.

Hope these show how much fun the start of the weekend was. Plenty more to show later. I had a great time meeting everyone especially Quinner know me and my father as FILL and FILLLL lol. Thanks also to Dave Hendricks "The Godfather" What a hilarious guy he is. Thanks for the stickers for my new Silverado to represent Correct Craft the right way.

-Phil Olkoski
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 10:44pm
was the boat auctioned off for charity and if so I hope Keith found a way to get it
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 10:49pm
Keith will fill everyone in later on that story on what is happening to the boat when he gets home tonight. All I can say is it is going to continue representing this wonderful website.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by lfskizzer lfskizzer wrote:

Keith will fill everyone in later on that story on what is happening to the boat when he gets home tonight. All I can say is it is going to continue representing this wonderful website.

Nicely handled Phil.

If I didn't know better,I'd say that last pic looks like an Illegal Floatilla....you know that's against the rules in Sandy Bay .

What a great time.Was nice to meet some new friends & see some old friends.The wide array of boats represented was incredible.Thanks go out to all the sponsors and everyone who helped make it happen.I didn't manage to snap a bunch of photos so hopefully it won't be too long before everyone gets a chance to post 'em up.

Also wanted to give a shout out to Joe Fennessy (JoeinNY)for hauling my boatless self around all day Saturday.Thanks for the pulls and the hospitality Joe.I won't soon forget those speakers,that stroker motor or the ride from Sandy Bay to Log Bay.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 11:46pm
It was a great time. What a great group of people. The boats were good, too. Fantastic job by Keith and everyone else involved. I got quite a few pics.

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 11:53pm
   Glad you and the boys made it home safely,Bruce.It was good to see you guys again.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 12:11am
Mike, it was an easy ride. 5 hours, 10 minutes, no traffic. The boys had a blast. We really enjoyed everyone we met and seeing our old friends. We're going to make a vacation of it next year.

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 12:22am
WHO WON THE RACE?????
JamesE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 1:19am
I hope everyone gets home safely. I had a great time as I'm sure everyone else did. I didn't really know anyone that well before this reunion. But everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Thanks everyone! What an amazing group of people. Here's a few pictures that I have.

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 1:39am

We had a great time. Big thanks to Keith for doing a great job. Here are a few pics. More to come.

Watch your fingers.

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:11am
Originally posted by shawnmc shawnmc wrote:

was the boat auctioned off for charity and if so I hope Keith found a way to get it

Many of you expressed how much you wanted me to have this boat, and for that I'm very humbled and thankful. In the end, we were unable to make that happen. However, the next best scenario was that that boat remain in the CorrectCraftFan.com family by going to someone who would respect this boat for what it is and what it represents.

I'm happy to announce that a group comprised of Reid Pinkham, John Morrow, and Tony Quinn, along with HQ Marine of NC, has taken over ownership of the boat. No only will this group take exceptional care of this boat but will also continue to share it with the fans bringing it to future CCF reunions in Green Lake and Lake George.

I really, really want to thank Adirondack Marine for all their hard work and support, and this group who will be taking such great care of the CCF boat. Proceeds from the sale of the boat where given to CCF -- an overly generous gesture for which I am also humbled and thankful.

The boat leaves Lake George tomorrow, bound for NC.

I will be posting many, many photos from this fantastic weekend shortly. Thank you to all who attended, it was you who made this event so fantastic.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:32am
That's cool! Congratulations all
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 3:10pm
It was a great event and I have lots of pics and vids that I will post shortly.

I knew it was going to be a great weekend regardless of the weather when as soon as I pulled in and rolled down my window to ask where to put the boat, everyone stuck their hands in the window to shake mine, in the pouring rain. They said drop it here we'll push it into a space. What a great group of people.

Being in the right place at the right time, I think I got the first "fan" ski behind the Orange Crush. Followed shortly by the first spectacular yardsale, bell ringing OTF.

The only complaint, it was too short. Not enough time to hang out with people and not enough time to ski/foot. lol

Pics and vids to come soon.

1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

I knew it was going to be a great weekend regardless of the weather when as soon as I pulled in, everyone stuck their hands in mine. They said drop it here we'll push it into a behind.

The only complaint, it was too short. Not enough to hang out. lol

That must have been Ken.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 3:42pm
Damn I really have to proof read my posts with the minds of some of you in here. lol

Although if you compare my post with the quote allegedly attributed to me, they don't quite match up.

Watch out, I'll be looking for posts of yours to chop up. ;)
1978 Nautique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 3:52pm
Good looking pics so far... Looks like the temps both air and water were a bit on the chilly side.. But all in all, everyone had a great time..

Yes, the events are short in time, long on memory...

Just have to start on Thursday now .....

Moj'

BTW, the 196 with the white accent graphics was the right choice... Really sweet looking machine.. Reid will take such good care of that boat.. Couldn't have gone to a better CC lover !!

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:45pm

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:48pm

Being in the right place at the right time, I think I got the first "fan" ski behind the Orange Crush. Followed shortly by the first spectacular yardsale, bell ringing OTF.

Well I hate to do it but in the interest of historical accuracy I am going to have to claim that honor for myself.

I was truly in the right place at the right time with an early arrival on Thursday, which put me at the hotel in time to see Dave Hendricks walking towards his cabin next to the dock where he was planning to meet Keith and Ken from Adirondack who was bringing down the CCfan Boat for its first ski (and to deliver its first whoopin to my 83). We saw Keith give that boat a workout in his first session back skiing after some shoulder issues.

After which I had the honor of giving it a go, in a somewhat less impressive manner. After Keiths second session we rafted up for a bit and enjoyed the calm before the storm on a beautiful night on a beautiful mountain lake. After catching dinner at the last restuarant open in GL, we were able to meet up with marathon drivers and early arrivals Alan (81Nautique) and Dana, Reid (reidp) and Laurie, and Steve Evans (Raindog) with his unlikely crew of Chris (Quinner) and Gary (Stang72), twas a good night. Show up early people!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Well I hate to do it but in the interest of historical accuracy I am going to have to claim that honor for myself.

I was truly in the right place at the right time with an early arrival on Thursday, which put me at the hotel in time to see Dave Hendricks walking towards his cabin next to the dock where he was planning to meet Keith and Ken from Adirondack who was bringing down the CCfan Boat for its first ski (and to deliver its first whoopin to my 83). We saw Keith give that boat a workout in his first session back skiing after some shoulder issues.

After which I had the honor of giving it a go, in a somewhat less impressive manner. After Keiths second session we rafted up for a bit and enjoyed the calm before the storm on a beautiful night on a beautiful mountain lake. After catching dinner at the last restuarant open in GL, we were able to meet up with marathon drivers and early arrivals Alan (81Nautique) and Dana, Reid (reidp) and Laurie, and Steve Evans (Raindog) with his unlikely crew of Chris (Quinner) and Gary (Stang72), twas a good night. Show up early people!
Show up early people!

Next year, show up early and leave late.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 5:00pm
I knew someone else must've been the first. lol

I'll fix that. ;)

1978 Nautique

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 6:03pm
As the Boat Dr would say, a LARGE time was had by all.

Arrived home at 12:30 am CDT after leaving Lake George at 9:00 am CDT. However, Stang probably didn't hit the bed until 3:30 or 4:00 am.

It was another great event, one that even a little rain couldn't extinguish. It was my first time in upstate NY and it was a beautiful piece of the country and a excellent location for the reunion. It was a privilege to see some of you for the second time this year and very cool to meet many of you for the first time. It did take a little bit to get the ol' ears tuned to all the NE dialects though. A packie store? Isn't that where Quinner and Hollywood meet?

I ended up rooming with Keith (all right, let the jokes begin...). So I saw first hand how much EFFORT he puts into making this event a remarkable experience for all. The alarm was going off at 6:30 am every morning, regardless of how late the prior night lasted. Even though many lent a hand when possible, Keith was at 100% for 4 days to make sure things went smoothly. He deserves a lot of credit and appreciation for doing this successfully.

Much thanks goes to Ken and everyone at Adirondack Marine and Adirondack Pub and Brewery. Those folks hustled to make sure we all were happy and satisfied.

Joe, Alan, Keith and others, thanks for the seat time in your boats. Even got to drive a few which was a real treat.

And for the record, it actually was a blast to spend 28 hours in a car with Quinner and Stang. Many, many laughs per mile.

For all of the newcomers, make sure to reinforce your relationships by stopping by the forum frequently. That's right, I'm calling you out Barracuda Chick!

Hopefully, next year we can get more midwest representation out east.

Maybe a bus full.

A short yellow one, of course.

-Steve
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 6:27pm
Steve, it was good to meet you guys from the midwest. Far as I could tell, you guys spoke just like me.

As much as I like the boats, I am amazed at what a group of great people were there. Everybody was good people. And I really appreciate how well my kids were treated. They had a blast.

Next year we'll be coming early and staying late.

I've got plenty more photos, including some good ones of Quinner, but I'll let others post theirs first.
LGKen82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGKen82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 6:31pm
It was great having everyone in town. A true family reunion and one I'm glad to be part of. I wish I could have joined you for the skis and rafting.   But since the lady-fuzz broke it up, I guess I didn't miss much. We'll find you a better spot for next year.
Dinner and awards at the pub were great yet the stories of Quinner hitting on everything that didn't dangle are still coming in and getting old. Only known the guy for 2 days and it doesn't shock me one bit.
Thanks for all the courtesy you showed us northern-folk and we look forward to next year.
Keep the pictures coming and who ever has the photo of a 409 in flight we would love to see it. Rumor has it all 4 spinning blades were visible.

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by KenADKmarine KenADKmarine wrote:

Dinner and awards at the pub were great yet the stories of Quinner hitting on everything that didn't dangle are still coming in and getting old. Only known the guy for 2 days and it doesn't shock me one bit.

Know him for 4 days and you'll learn that a dangler doesn't deter...
etwman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 7:54pm
Wait here's another pearl....

It was great getting to meet everyone.
Jarod
2003 Air Nautique 216 Team Edition
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 8:35pm
At 2:00 Am...crusing in Keiths boat...a call to the BoatDr.

Quinner said..."Doc did I wake you up?"
"we have a crisis ay hand , A gator jumped in the boat and bit Kieth's 1 inch d*ck off and he's bleeding to death...what should we do"

Hands the phone to stang...the Doc replies...."he's a sick bast*rd".
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
  Share Topic