NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Old ski rope

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old ski rope
    Posted: October-11-2008 at 8:32pm
According to an old sage on this site in another thread,my skiing outfit is "out of touch at least it wasn't one of those yellow poly lines with the wood handle" so much for trying to keep it original. I guess I'll have to start using the new one I won at GL
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2008 at 10:01pm
Gary, if youre all done with that yellow rope send it to Larry- I think it would be an upgrade for him.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2008 at 1:55am
Cool skis.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2008 at 1:53pm
See John, I told you I get no respect. Tim, yes, I think that rope would complement my equipment locker nicely. Like Quinner said, all I have to do is go to Home Depot and pick up some dowels. Get 'em cut and drilled and I'd be good to go.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2008 at 7:55am
I never broke the wood handles like Quinner did. Of coarse I have a feeling that even in our younger years our physiques were quite different!

Gary, Nice!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2008 at 10:19pm
Did somebody say something about "younger years"?

Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2008 at 12:00am
Bill,

No birth date in your profile, based on the ski it has to be mid to late 70's, based on the rope, you kept the equipment a long time, you look like your 10 or so, so my guess is your as old as me, not quite, but close, and based on the fear on your face you were afraid one day you might post this.

Cool Pic!
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2008 at 12:29pm
1975, maybe 1976 I cannot be sure. Started skiing when I was very young, but my parents didn't take a lot of pictures.

That ski is a Connelly with a laminated wood top surface. Bought it as a demo for $30.00.

The fear in my face was the the future cost of inboard ski boats.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2008 at 2:12pm
Are those Kimble skiis? Look like dads old set. I broke a couple of those old wood handles and a bunch of "good" ropes in the following years.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic