Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ask Correct Craft President/CEO
    Posted: October-20-2008 at 3:49pm
In appreciation of CorrectCraftFan.com members and their dedication to the Nautique brand, Bill Yeargin -- President and CEO of Correct Craft, Inc. -- would like to give loyal customers the opportunity to personally ask him questions so that they might obtain an inside look into what is happening at Correct Craft, both now and in the future.

This gesture represents unprecedented access to the top executive at Correct Craft, of which I am delighted and honored to facilitate. This opportunity is for you to ask Bill whatever you wish.

Please submit your questions for Bill as a reply to this post. Please include your name, and location (city, state and/or country) with your question. I'll be narrowing down the questions to the ten most representative of the group and will then submit them to Bill on your behalf. I’ll post Bill's responses shortly thereafter. I encourage you ask Bill anything but please be respectful and keep it on-topic. I'll be collecting questions over the next five days -- though this Friday, October 24.

This is your chance, I encourage you all to take full advantage of this truly unique opportunity.

Thank you,
-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2008 at 4:01pm
Chris Quinn - Lake Villa, Illinois

Barefoot Nautique

Any thoughts about introducing a Barefoot Specific boat back into the CC Lineup, such as the legendary Barefoot Nautiques?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2008 at 4:52pm
I don't think there is a Correct Craft fan out there that does not adore the 196. We love the short bow, classic lines, the great driving position, line of sight, handling, and tracking that only a boat like the 196 can deliver. The wake boats in the CC lineup seem to be undergoing dramatic styling changes but I think we can all agree that we're thankful that the 196's lines have remained generally the same for the past 40+ years.

Mastercraft and Malibu both feature 3-event boats with open bows at most if not all of their tournaments (197 and RLXi, respectively). Do you feel any pressure to ditch the 196 in favor of an open bow tournament boat? I personally think it would be a loss for Correct Craft but what does the market say?

Also, and this may be a separate question, but what are your company's thoughts with regards to the future of 3-event skiing?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Do you feel any pressure to ditch the 196 in favor of an open bow tournament boat? I personally think it would be a loss for Correct Craft but what does the market say?

That is the question that is going through my mind as well and I agree with Joel that it would be a loss.

Kristof Erens
Bree - Belgium
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 8:18pm
Adam Zuzelski, Jacksonville, FL

What is CC doing to get more people, young and old, involved in boating, skiing and wake boarding?

As a Nautique owner and recreational skier, if I am not seeing or hearing anything, odds are neither is the average layperson.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 2:51am
Come on don't be shy.

This is the time to ask.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 5:01am
Jon Doh, Metropolis

Corporate sponsorship of the CCFan Reunions has been growing year after year, this support has really helped these events grow, what great things does CC have planned for next summer? Have you penciled in Green Lake on your calender yet?
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 11:31am
Well put, I knew you were still awake. (hehe)

Just meet me on the dock at 6am this time.

I will stop thread jacking now.
I think people will start to ask more questions now.

Thanks for the input Chris as always.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 2:34pm
With the big auto makers bringing back retro cars (mustang, camero, cuda, etc.)has there been any talk of bringing back a retro Correct Craft (other then the CCFan boat)? A lot of retro lovers here!

Thanks,

Greg McFarland
Duluth,GA
Greg

86 BFN
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 7:22pm
I've heard that a Correct Craft dealer has exclusive territory and they should not sell to a buyer if their address is out of their territory. Is this accurate? If so, why would a customer be limited to choose between one Correct Craft dealer and all the Malibu, Mastercraft, Supra, Tige, etc. dealers in their area. Also, if true, why is the customer restricted in their ability to negotiate price between dealers or to chose a dealer based on other preferences (like how/if they support CCF.Com, professionalism, service, etc.)

Respectfully,

Steve Evans
Milwaukee, WI
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 8:11pm
When I was growing up in the 60's and 70's, Correct Craft had local dealers and there were a lot of Correct Crafts in my area. During the past 20-25 years there have been no local dealers and I've hardly seen any fairly new Correct Crafts on my large lake in Maine, even though ski/wakeboard boats have become very popular and there are many other brands on my lake. Are there plans to improve your distribution system?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 8:13pm
This summer one of your competitors sponsored Marcus Brown in the "Face-to-Face" tour to build awareness for slalom skiing and waterskiing in general. What is CC planning on doing at the grassroots level in order to help grow and build awareness for towed water sports in general?
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 10:42pm
Chris Conrad
Cedar Falls, IA

Is there any scenario in which CC would expand into other product lines?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 12:31pm
Great questions everyone. Keep them coming!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 1:10pm
There's been a lot of buzz about SE CC closing and re-opening as a Mastercraft dealer and other organizational/ownership changes within CC corporate and the Meloon family. Some know the whole story, some don't. Could you clarify what happened with this situation and shed some light on what future changes are in store for CC relative to distribution and dealer networks in the US?
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 1:15pm
With prices for even Ski Nautiques tipping the scales at over 40k, are there any plans to offer a value-level boat or trim package which will open the doors to CC for new boat buyers with smaller budgets? If you hadn't planned on offering such a boat or package, has the current economic situation in the US caused any new discussion on this topic? Past examples would include the "Standard" package on mid-90's Nautiques or the "Ski Tique" Or "176" line of boats.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 3:13am
John Berry
Lake Wales Florida
6 time Ski Nautique owner.

As with Joel, I would like to hear a little more explaination as to the SECC situation given the historical importance of the Meloon family ownership, both of that dealership and the Company itself as a whole.

Thanks for your time.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 5:29pm

How far back years wise do dealers/distribution normally stock parts for CC boats? It would be great if CC could make decal as files since many are no longer made, (so I could get some made) unless their are trademark or copyright issues.

Has their been any testing of an adustable trim tab for adjustable boat attitude vs. loading the boat with weight?

Why was the Barefoot Nautique discontinued? Please bring it back!

Ross Smith
Orlando,FL / Charlotte,NC
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
skierox View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2008 at 12:08am
My family and I have been with correct craft boats since 1968 and we use to host a CC reunion in Minnesota thanks to help from people like Bruce at Midwest Correct Craft. We stopped so as not to conflict with the Green lake event that has been so successful. Only big concern that I see is that there is a huge lack of older boat parts avaliable for Correct Crafts made before 1996. Most owners of these classics attempt to keep the boat looking as origional as possible, but are not able to get many of the items needed to make the boat look great. When looking for specific parts for the boat or trailer all that is normally avaliable is newer parts that look all together odd which are made for a newer Nautiques. There is no way that dash parts or any other interior item would look good in a classic 1983 Ski Nautique (example)that would come from a newer boat. This site should really tell you that there are plenty of shoppers waiting for the opportunity to replace worn items. The more impressive these older boats look to others, the more someone will be willing to fork out tons of cash on a new one! We are currently struggling to replace items from our old reunion members with years ranging from 1973-1989. I own three correct crafts a 2005 206, a 1999 python 196 and a 1989 Ski nautique. Each boat serves it's own purpose and has been well cared for, but things break or breakdown over time. Maybe one idea would be to survey from this site what is most needed such as glove box, hour meters, speedo pickups, stern lights or stickers and start from there. Maybe creating a wish list of ten items that Correct Craft would be willing to reproduce? Calling multiple dealers looking for this stuff takes time and almost always results in sorry not avaliable you need to buy what is currently avaliable. Most of the time we would rather band aid, duck tape or use super glue!. My wife and I also own a 1967 Ford Mustang (car) that is in origional condition because parts are avliable through Ford or through a connection outlet that they sponsor. A little more about our family. My brother owns a 1995 Super Sport and my dad has his origional 1983 Ski Nautique that is now finally in need of a new interior that had diamond patterns within the vinyl seats that are no longer avaliabe, but were made exclusively for Correct Craft. We are settling for a solid red with pleats. My last note to you is that my family and many of our friends are true Correct craft right down to our boxer shorts. We have never considered another boat since our first in 1968. Lets see what we can do to help all these guys in keeping these boats looking great and on the water.

ps-Any odds of getting a hold of an old roto cast drivers seat (1986-1996) as a left over from the old factory.

Thanks-Scott
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2008 at 9:28am
Scott,
I'd like to step in here and comment on your above post/question regarding old part availability. With all of the parts with the exception of the graphics artwork you mentioned, Correct Craft has no control as they are purchased parts. Their suppliers have stopped making the items or the supplier is even gone.

The heat stamped diamond pattern as well as the heat stamped fake pleats used on many earlier models is long gone. Why are you sewing in pleats and not the diamond pattern?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2008 at 1:02pm
Why are we still being treated as second class boat owners? Why has CC not added a little money to help out with some of the expense. CC feeds us a couple of boxes of hats and give Keith a "pat on the head".

Then the pictures come out in their little book, and everyone goes GA GA and says thank you CC. There is no recognition for Keith nor for the site he has hand built. CC is feeding off of Keith's Plate, and they should not do this............Boat dr

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2008 at 1:21pm
Boat Dr., FWIW, I disagree with your comments 100%. There is a necessary separation between church and state between sites like CCFAN and PN and CC corporate.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 6:48pm
Thank you all for asking such great questions.

I have just posted Bill Yeargin's responses in a seperate dicussion.

You will find it here:
Read Bill's Responses

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic