NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

obamarama

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 11:52am
M3, that's YOUR fantasy. I don't know anyone that thinks like that. Although I bet Obama would agree with you!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

M3, that's YOUR fantasy. I don't know anyone that thinks like that. Although I bet Obama would agree with you!

If that's the case, then tell me how you are going to defend your home from an intruder with your gun. Please.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 11:59am
Think about all the drama you put in your story, come on. We have several home invasions a year in Maine. Sometimes the home owners don't have a gun and are victimized. Sometimes they do and the perp is chased off without a shot fired. Sometimes the perp is shot. I can't think of one instance where the homeowner has shot a family member. You obviously do not live in a rural area.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:07pm

You obviously do not live in a rural area.

Actually, I'll give you that- that is a good point. If I lived in a very rural area my views would change a bit as the risk of collateral damage goes down dramatically and the proximity of law enforcement and other help increases proportionally. My scenario focuses more on urban suburbia.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:17pm
I've just read some stuff about the Arizona state regarding inmigrants laws and regulations, it seemed more like the 40s Germany than the current US. what the deal there?
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:18pm
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:24pm
Unless you and your wife both carry then you can check the "victim" box for every situation besides nighttime invasions. Perps only strike at night, in your home I suppose. How is a gun in my bedside table going to protect my family while I'm at work all day or we're out of the house? Just curious.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Luchog Luchog wrote:

I've just read some stuff about the Arizona state regarding inmigrants laws and regulations, it seemed more like the 40s Germany than the current US. what the deal there?

Where did you read about that, and what do you mean by 40's germany? Isn't Brian(nuttyskier) from arizona? Where he be?

M3-Carry liscense!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

If that's the case, then tell me how you are going to defend your home from an intruder with your gun. Please.

M3-

We have a dog. Best protection available. All they need to do is bark.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:36pm

Unless you and your wife both carry then you can check the "victim" box for every situation besides nighttime invasions. Perps only strike at night, in your home I suppose. How is a gun in my bedside table going to protect my family while I'm at work all day or we're out of the house? Just curious.

That's why many states have CC permits. I gives the person the choice to be able to defend themselves. That's a Right that will come under attack with an Obama administration.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:37pm
Buffalo- Agreed. Quite frankly carrying makes more sense to me than having the gun sit around the house somewhere where the kids could find it and where it would be useless for defense unless I was there and I was near it at all times. If I get jacked in the city, the gun in my safe won't do me any good.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:39pm
M3,
I am very surprised by your opinions. I am a female, with a carry permit (meaning that I do have a license to carry)and the reason I supplied on my application for desire to carry was personal protection. The sheriff and a police officer signed my application.
I am a single mom, a hunter, I belong to a hunting club and my children both hunt.
I am capable, willing and able to protect my children and myself if an intruder should enter our home. My fiance also has a carry permit. I am glad to know that if I did not have a man in the house to protect me, I would be able to protect myself.It's not a fantasy.In today's world it is an unfortunate reality. I would much rather have a "chance" of survival instead of none at all should a person break in or even attack me when I'm not at home while holding a barrel on me.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:42pm
Buffalo, I will post what came out on a local newspaper later. now i gotta go.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:46pm
2 Points Sanity!!!   LOL

I went to a friend's house for the first time as a 12 yo kid. I saw a .22 propped in the corner and asked about it. His father only said "it's loaded" and then watched my face.

It never came up again.

My parents had tought me about guns and I'm guessing he could see that.
1988 BFN-sold

sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:55pm
Thanks Greg. One more point and I will hopefully earn a star for the day!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:55pm
I appraise real estate and I go through peoples houses every day. A lot of people keeps guns around and a perp would have a problem if they went into one of these houses.

I was in a big rambling house awhile back that was owned by an older guy. He had guns everywhere. Even a .22 rifle barrel first in the umbrella stand mixed in with a bunch of umbrellas by the front door.

Good for you, Sanity.

Obama is against CC laws and protecting yourself in your own home.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:55pm
Sanity, you also have a "chance" of causing irreversable collateral damage. You have a "chance" of your weapon(s) being used against you. You have a "chance" of turning a simple holdup into a deadly scenario by escalating it with a gun. You have a "chance" of your kids accidentally discharging a weapon when you aren't around.

This is my final comment on this topic. If there's one thing for sure, it's that common sense firearms discussion and democratic or even moderate views have no support on ski boat forums. Every time I say anything even moderately left or middle I get zero support on these forums. I've had some interesting conversations on TheMalibuCrew.com, which is even more extremely right-wing than this forum is. What an interesting and amazingly monotone demographic we have here relative to politics. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but this thread has definitely been a disappointment. In only a few days, it won't matter anyway. Go Obama! If you're ready for change, you know what the correct vote is. If you're happy with what GW did, then I hope you're ready for more of the same if you go the other way.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 12:58pm
Joel, At least they accept your pro Nautique views over at TheMalibuCrew.com.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:00pm
Dare I say it?!!? Another bed wetting liberal?!!!!?   LMAO Just playing...we're all buds here.   

Those of us who are successful enough to own one of these fine watercraft... damn, I started again!   ROFL

+1 for Sanity's star!
1988 BFN-sold

sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:01pm
Is this off topic or did I post in the wrong place?
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:01pm
Guns and Abortion will always be a part of life, legally or illegally....we shouldnt even be discussing it, we should be discussing the 700 billion dollar deception or spread the wealth under the current administration....Id rather be taxed to death than be decieved as we are and no one talks about it. 300 billion more dollars added to that 700 billion and we could send every kid in school right now on a full ride to college, one trillion dollars would pay off every US citizens credit card bills. People do not realize what that kinda money is. By the end of the war in Iraq the costs are projected to be 3 trillion, remeber 1 trillion is 67.9 miles of thousand dollar bills stacked face to face.
I just state these facts to put them in perspective..... I know someone is going to go on the attack of the current administration thing with the bailout and finger point. it happened and it happened under Bush's watch

Sanity, BTW is your name Sarah?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:03pm
Come Eric, McCain really needs your Ohio vote.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:07pm
Eric, well put. OK, ONE final comment. There are 690 views on this post and only about 80 replies. Pretty sad to say the least. If you're just sitting on the sidelines, why not pipe up and show your support for your candidate? If this thread moved even one person to vote for your candidate, or motivated one person who was not going to vote to vote, then why not chip in? This is the most important race in American history. Regardless of who you are, you should do everything in your power to make sure everyone who can does vote.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:12pm

Eric, well put. OK, ONE final comment. There are 690 views on this post and only about 80 replies. Pretty sad to say the least. If you're just sitting on the sidelines, why not pipe up and show your support for your candidate? If this thread moved even one person to vote for your candidate, or motivated one person who was not going to vote to vote, then why not chip in? This is the most important race in American history. Regardless of who you are, you should do everything in your power to make sure everyone who can does vote.

This is the most important race in American history.

Why do people keep saying that? Carter/Regan was far more important. Well I guess it's important because we are on the verge of electing Obama which is going to come with many surprises for many of his supporters.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:12pm

Alan, the gun was an automaic Uzi. Not what is commonly refered to as an assault weapon, (although it truely is). They are highly regulated, unlike most guns. To posess one you have to have a federal license and it is registered with the feds, (unlike most guns). It's a machine gun. If you don't have the proper documents, you will go to jail.

Very few people have these. I belong to 2 gun clubs and don't know anyone that has one. The kid's father was a moron for letting his kid shoot it, and the owner of the gun was worse because to qualify to own such a gun, you got to know your stuff. They don't give fed licenses to just anybody. You need to have your police chief or county sherrif sign off on the form. Call yours and ask if he'll do it for you and see what he says.

Bruce, Just to clarify my stance, I have no problem with the right to carry a firearm, my issue is with assult weapons and I although I used the Uzi incident as an example I feel it applies to "assault" rifles as well. I just don't see where those weapons are neccesary to have around.

As to Morfoots comment, I fail to see the comparison between the hobbies of boating and firearms. I understand your point but we're talking about two very different things.

I hesitated opening my mouth on this thread so I'm going to stop. We're all entitled to our opinions and the freedom to express them.... especially if you have an Uzi in your back pocket! Please laugh at the last part, it was a joke. I'm gonna go back to talking about boats.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:18pm
I bet homeless amputee Barbie Doll sites are talking election! LOL

Whichever side anyone is on, I do appreciate those who have the 'sand' to express their opinion. Political correctness will be the end of us all?!!?   
1988 BFN-sold

sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:37pm
Eric,
Every kid to college? Let's see; I have 2 children, middle class and they have a few years before they apply. If we were minorities we would have more options regarding free education. If I would have chosen to live off of welfare and food stamps instead of working full time to provide for myself and my children, should I be comfortable in knowing that YOU would share YOUR money with me. I work hard for the money I earn and I already share it with enough people. I will pay for my children's education. You pay for your child's. If you "want" to throw a few bucks my way...

BTW - The name is Sarah Hillary (confuse the enemy)
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 4:45pm
Dedicated CorrectCraftfans,
Didnt anyone ever tell you not to wrestle with a pig, something about you both get dirty and he enjoys it. One way or another in 6 days the arguement will be over and four years from now both sides are going to be sure they were vindicated that either thier guy won and did a great job, or that the clown who beat thier guy screwed things up but good. Two things are for sure though no matter who wins, abortion will still be legal to some extent. and I will still have my guns to some extent. To change either would put a vocal and well funded minority into a rage and result in a turnover of those in power. I tend to ignore any candidates who want me to focus on either of these issues.

As for trying to change peoples political minds on a boat forum, I continue to think its not a great place to do so, not that it isnt a good goal but why not spend the effort on people who haven't already made up thier minds or visit a political forum.

Try not to take it personal or feel singled out it just ruins your enjoyment of a perfectly good boat forum, besides arguing with facts against beliefs is about as constructive as pointing out to 79Nautique a spelling error.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Dedicated CorrectCraftfans,
Didnt anyone ever tell you not to wrestle with a pig, something about you both get dirty and he enjoys it. One way or another in 6 days the arguement will be over and four years from now both sides are going to be sure they were vindicated that either thier guy won and did a great job, or that the clown who beat thier guy screwed things up but good. Two things are for sure though no matter who wins, abortion will still be legal to some extent. and I will still have my guns to some extent. To change either would put a vocal and well funded minority into a rage and result in a turnover of those in power. I tend to ignore any candidates who want me to focus on either of these issues.

As for trying to change peoples political minds on a boat forum, I continue to think its not a great place to do so, not that it isnt a good goal but why not spend the effort on people who haven't already made up thier minds or visit a political forum.

Try not to take it personal or feel singled out it just ruins your enjoyment of a perfectly good boat forum, besides arguing with facts against beliefs is about as constructive as pointing out to 79Nautique a spelling error.

Wow, when I joined this site, a thick skin was a prerequisite?!!?

I'd say that we are behaving well with regards to Keith's site, but maybe we could set up a corner for some to cry in!
1988 BFN-sold

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 5:46pm
Ah, Joe, if only I had your wisdom and restraint I wouldn't have so recklessly contributed to this post. Another lesson learned I suppose. I suppose everyone that sat out on this thread, and still read it (all 700+ views) is far wiser than I. Good for you guys for not contributing.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
  Share Topic