Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

obamarama

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567>
Author
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 3:46pm
Buff
Your stick is too big, from now on you will only be allowed a twig......
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by skinaut skinaut wrote:

Buff

Because I need a hanicap or because yall are sick of my opinion?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 4:01pm
What I don't understand is why people don't care or even want to ask about Obamas ties to Bill Ayers, his admitted drug use, his going to a church for years led by a racist radical or past statements about retributions. When has a main stream candidate ever had any similar associations or background like that?

His supporters want him to be The One so bad they willing to look the other way on everything that's negative about the guy. And the press and media are so in the tank for him it's a disgrace.
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 4:03pm
Greg - I will hand your stick back to you. You are straight forward and to the point. just as Alan is.

Alan - I do not agree with your opinion, but I appreciate your straightforwardness too.
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 4:18pm
Bruce,

I don't and can't believe that people do not care. Again, I think it is a clear example of what the media is capable of.

Lee brought up the racial card and I think the media makes that the most important issue regarding Obama. He has Hillary campaigning for him to make up Palin's place with McCain.

Our local newspaper has finally admitted in print that they support and back Obama. Two days later, the front page was all about slavery. They have past prominent locals names listed that "owned" slaves. The history center in Pgh is hosting public viewing of the material and photo's that have been uncovered.Of course, they tied this in with the upcoming election.

Someone once told me a very long time ago that there are two things that "run the world" we live in - money and sex. I would like to add the "media" to that list.

Again, I do not think it's because no one cares. Yet, like you I can't understand, why either???
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 4:27pm
.[/QUOTE]
Lee is missing a very big point, yes you can kill someone with an automobile or boat or even a pair of scissors but none of those items were designed with that purpose in mind. All guns were designed with the sole intention of stopping a life be it animal or human. Second, So far no one is going to prison for that childs life because no law has been broken. That sounds fair to you?

I agree guns were originally intended to kill. To put food on the table, and protection from the unlawful acts of others, up to and including resisting a tyrannical government. Of course it made war a lot more efficient too.
The death of an innocent child is just heart wrenching and it is hard to debate gun control over this tragedy. Endangering a child IS against the law, this person showed a lack of judgment that cost the life of a child. I am sure he no longer has an FFL and if they wanted to prosecute the adult they could. They have probably considered the fact this man will have to live with it the rest of his life.

Good or bad, guns are here to stay. The basic choice of gun control is do you want to be totally defenseless against outlaws and repressive governments, or at least stand a chance to protect yourself and family.
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Originally posted by skinaut skinaut wrote:

Buff

Because I need a hanicap or because yall are sick of my opinion?

The "BIG STICK" is considered an assault stick and totally unnecessary. You will be limited to a twig that can only be used one time before snapping!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 4:41pm
skinaut, if I were a senator that 'twig' would mend itself?!!?   
1988 BFN-sold

skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 4:43pm

skinaut, if I were a senator that 'twig' would mend itself?!!?   

If you were a senator, the assault stick law would not apply. And you would probably be have several guys with full auto assault sticks with you.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

The gun that the 8 year old shot himself with was a fully automatic machine gun. They are illegal to own except for some government agencies or very few people who can get a license to own one. They couldn't be any more restricted than they already are.

Converting the semi-auto versions of sub machine guns like this and the Ingram MAC 10 as well as assult rifles like the AR15, AK-47, etc. to full auto is relatively easy. So, the unregulated versions can be turned into regulated versions with little effort. Just throwing that out there.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

MarineTech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 4:45pm

My responsibility in this world starts with myself and extends in order to my wife, my family, my employees, and my community.
If I don't take care of myself, who will?!!?

Boy, nobody leaves me anything to add...just to agree, but I'll still hop back on the old soap box.
I live in an area where I can nearly SEE the state police but we are separated by a river connected by a bridge several miles away. There is no local police force and our entire community is ready and feared by the criminals. We also have a state prison only two miles from me and everyone around here is armed, believe me you don't argue guns with any of us. I also own many firearms which were designed specifically for shooting sports and competition, they aren't all designed for killing.
I am also a collector of old foreign military weapons, some not even in firing condition anymore yet with my large collection of guns and ammunition I've never killed anyone in this country and hopefully will never be forced to.
ANY thing in the hands of someone with intent to harm is a deadly weapon. The class III FFL required for full auto weapons is very restrictive and I'm sure no less than one federal law was violated by the uzi owner/operators and I believe it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
Projects

Luchog wrote:   "Anyway, you're full of s79t"

scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 4:46pm

What I don't understand is why people don't care or even want to ask about Obamas ties to Bill Ayers, his admitted drug use, his going to a church for years led by a racist radical or past statements about retributions. When has a main stream candidate ever had any similar associations or background like that?

His supporters want him to be The One so bad they willing to look the other way on everything that's negative about the guy. And the press and media are so in the tank for him it's a disgrace.

I think most people are tired of talking about the past and want to hear what they are going to do now. One of the problems w/McCain's campaign is that he keeps trying to target Obama's character, while Obama takes the high road and does not bring up McCain's association w/G Gordon Liddy (convicted Watergate burgular and current nut job article).

I just read today that the CEO of a small gunmaker was forced to resign because of the fall out after he announced he was for Obama and donated cash to his campaign.
article
I guess we still have to be careful about making our votes known
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

The gun that the 8 year old shot himself with was a fully automatic machine gun. They are illegal to own except for some government agencies or very few people who can get a license to own one. They couldn't be any more restricted than they already are.

Converting the semi-auto versions of sub machine guns like this and the Ingram MAC 10 as well as assult rifles like the AR15, AK-47, etc. to full auto is relatively easy. So, the unregulated versions can be turned into regulated versions with little effort. Just throwing that out there.

Joel, It is not relatively easy, BUT that is a moot point because the gun that killed the kid was a real, highly restricted machine gun and was legal. It was a tragic event that the father and gun owner are to blame. No law would have prevented it.

The night of the 2007 NE Reunion on Long Lake in Maine, about 45 minutes from our event, a guy in a 32 Sunsation was going somewhere between 30 and 60 mph in pitch black, no light and ran over a 14' outboard that had no lights on. He killed 2 people. The guy blew a .11 3 hours later.

During the past year they have tried to pass boater ed, raise the age limit for operating a boat, horsepower limits amond others. No law wuld have prevented the accident. The guy was an experienced boater who drank too much and drove recklessly. To this day he denies he was drunk or drove recklessly. He was found guilty of agrivated oui. Not guilty of manslaughter and reckless conduct. Point is, no law would have prevented that guy from doing what he did. Same with the igits at the gun club.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by scottb scottb wrote:

I think most people are tired of talking about the past and want to hear what they are going to do now. One of the problems w/McCain's campaign is that he keeps trying to target Obama's character, while Obama takes the high road and does not bring up McCain's association w/G Gordon Liddy (convicted Watergate burgular and current nut job article).

I just read today that the CEO of a small gunmaker was forced to resign because of the fall out after he announced he was for Obama and donated cash to his campaign.
article
I guess we still have to be careful about making our votes known

Scott, comparing Liddy to Wright or Ayers is just rediculous and slanderous in itself. The guy did wrong, but served his time. He was commuted and maybe even pardoned by Jimmy Carter. He has, I believe 3 sons that have distinguished carrers in the military.
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 5:01pm
converting to full auto is not as simple as you think, your average joe sixpack could not do it and would probibaly end up disabling the weapon.

Again, converting a weapon to full auto is a federal offense....10 years min
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 5:04pm
Interesting article

The next president, by filling inevitable vacancies on the U.S. Supreme Court, will determine the continued existence of our Right To Keep and Bear Arms.

The landmark Heller decision by the U.S. Supreme Court--which struck down the D.C. gun ban and its attendant criminalizing of armed self-defense in the home--was decided by a one vote margin, in a 5-4 decision. The court's decision was aided by briefs filed by Congress and states--briefs signed by John McCain and by Palin's state of Alaska.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden refused to sign in support of the Second Amendment. But for President George W. Bush's two high court nominations, it could easily have gone the other way. Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Associate Justice Samuel Alito truly made the difference. Keep in mind that Barack Obama and the man who is now his running mate, U.S. Sen. Joseph Biden, voted against confirming both.

And Biden, one-time chairman of the powerful Senate Judiciary Committee, was radically opposed and used every trick in the book including the threat of a filibuster to kill the confirmation process.

Gun owners have U.S. Sen. John McCain to thank for quashing Biden's filibuster moves and brokering the Senate agreement that allowed confirmation. If Biden had his way, the Senate could have stalled indefinitely, leaving two vacancies unfilled, and creating a seven-member court dominated by the very justices who opposed the Second Amendment as protection for a broad, individual right.

Biden told the NAACP during his own losing primary bid for the Democratic presidential nomination:

"The next president is likely to name at least one, if not three new Supreme Court justices. We should start this national debate by recognizing the truth--that Roberts and Alito have turned the court upside down … . I guarantee you that will change."

Turning “the court upside down …” As in upholding the Second Amendment.

Biden's pledge came in an important context. With funding from globalist gun-banner George Soros, the NAACP filed the most onerous litigation de-signed by our enemies to drive America's firearm industry into bankruptcy.

That suit, argued before Brooklyn, N.Y., U.S. District Judge Jack B. Weinstein, claimed that virtually all elements of the federally regulated and lawful firearm industry were collectively responsible for the totally unrelated illegal acts of armed, violent criminals. The suit ultimately was a loser, but cost consumers millions of dollars in legal fees. It was one of a string of serial, punitive lawsuits brought before lifetime-appointee Weinstein.

And on that score, the last such lawsuit before Weinstein was thrown out by the U.S. Court of Appeals, which ruled the litigation violated the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, the NRA-backed 2005 law--a law vehemently opposed by Obama and Biden.

If the Obama and Biden team has its way, the nation will again be flooded with hundreds of such suits creating what one gun-ban lawyer called "death by a thousand cuts." Under an Obama-Biden administration, the lower federal courts would resemble cloned versions of Weinstein's Brooklyn star chamber.

During the remarkable Saddleback forum, Obama attacked the nominations of Associate Justice Clarence Thomas and Antonin Scalia, author of the brilliant Heller decision. Counted with his “no” votes against Roberts and Alito, that's an Obama thumbs down for four of the five justices who rendered the Supreme Court's definitive decision upholding the Second Amendment as protecting an individual right and recognizing the right to armed self-defense in the home.

While we have disagreed in the past with Sen. McCain on a few specific issues, these disagreements pale in comparison to what the future would be like for gun owners if an Obama-Biden regime were to control all organs of federal power and land a one-two punch against freedom.

John McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, is an NRA Life member, life-long gun owner, hunter and staunch Second Amendment supporter. She is an electrifying force for preservation and expansion of all the gains we have made in the past decades.

Suddenly the phony poses of Obama and Biden wrapping themselves around the Second Amendment are stripped to their essence--a semantic trick designed to fool gun owners. You can't let that happen.

Your vote is a remarkable power that you must wield to preserve the Second Amendment.
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 5:08pm
Lee,

So, if I put 4 ice balloons in the double slingshot and aim across river...would that be an assault weapon? Automatic?
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by sanity sanity wrote:

Lee,

So, if I put 4 ice balloons in the double slingshot and aim across river...would that be an assault weapon? Automatic?

I am pretty sure that would be considered artillery. And you should expect return fire...
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 5:33pm
LOL....I'm sure.
Not too fast, I might break.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 5:43pm

[
Scott, comparing Liddy to Wright or Ayers is just rediculous and slanderous in itself. The guy did wrong, but served his time. He was commuted and maybe even pardoned by Jimmy Carter. He has, I believe 3 sons that have distinguished carrers in the military.

Certainly not comparing the two, however, Obama has denounced Aeyer's acts while McCain told Letterman that Liddy is a good friend. And Liddy did not serve his time, he was pardoned. And I think we all hope that our kids turn out better than we did. But your right, calling him a nut job is possibly slanderous. Of course I don't know how else to describe someone who goes on his radio show and says "Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests. ... Kill the sons of b***."
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 5:50pm
He served 4 years of a 5 year sentence. Wonder why a liberal Dem like Carter pardoned him? Must have been a good reason.

I was listening to Liddy the day he made that statement. It was after Ruby Ridge and Waco and was in the context that if the BATF was coming through your door, that would be the only way you would survive because it didn't go too well for those other people. It was a little over the top which he did admit.

Anyway, I not a big McCain fan, but it seems Obama is being annointed. If elected I hope he's a good president and does what's right for the country.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 5:54pm
How come we aren't hearing about accidents involving liscensed carriers? At least in general? I'll admit that accidents happen...my garage would be a good place to start looking for accidents...but not involving guns.

We hear about shootings every night on the local news...but never about a service man or liscensed gun owner as the perp.

Maybe it's time to think about letting the gene pool thin itself? The idiots of the world are not my responsibility!

Those of us who choose to live by a way of law should not have to suffer those who don't!

Accidents happen building roads, bridges, and cities...sometime unfortunately to kids!    

How many kids die because of guns vs drugs?!!?

And hey Lefty...did you outlaw your boat?

1988 BFN-sold

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 6:53pm
Lefty??? ouch. No where on this thread have I talked about anything other than the banning of assualt weapons and have stated several times I have no problem with guns for protection and sport. Haven't even stated who I'm voting for. I won't comment on the gun issue anymore, opinions are set in stone and nothing will come from it other than hard feelings, I try not to argue with friends.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 7:12pm
And I'll leave it with this: although I've bought and sold many nice guns over the years, I've never enjoyed one nearly as much as my old Mustang.

I definately like boats the best.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by MarineTech MarineTech wrote:

There is no local police force and our entire community is ready and feared by the criminals. We also have a state prison only two miles from me and everyone around here is armed, believe me you don't argue guns with any of us. I also own many firearms which were designed specifically for shooting sports and competition, they aren't all designed for killing.
I am also a collector of old foreign military weapons, some not even in firing condition anymore yet with my large collection of guns and ammunition I've never killed anyone in this country and hopefully will never be forced to.
ANY thing in the hands of someone with intent to harm is a deadly weapon. The class III FFL required for full auto weapons is very restrictive and I'm sure no less than one federal law was violated by the uzi owner/operators and I believe it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

Somewhere in your story I thought about the movie with Al Pacino and Robert de Niro, "Righteous kill", coming out in cinema's here in Europe by now... Quote in the movie trailer by De Niro: "Most people respect the badge... Everybody respects the gun...".

But as you put it so well: ANYTHING in the hands of a malicious mind becomes a weapon.
I am an army guy and am used to the use of weapons. I stated on this forum in the past that I consider myself a lucky guy not having had the need as of yet to use my weapon against a fellow human, but I also know that war and guns are inherent to the human race... It is and will remain out nature...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 7:28pm
I also like to mention that your elections are really becoming the most important elections in history...
All the networks over here are making special progams in the media on it...
Never saw so much attention by the TV networks here to the US elections as this year!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Lefty??? ouch.

I meant Tullfooter and was referring to when he hurt his arm.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 8:24pm

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Lefty??? ouch.

I meant Tullfooter and was referring to when he hurt his arm.

My mistake, thought you had me in your sights!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 8:50pm
Alan, I consider all who contibute here to be my friends. I consider you to be an MVP here. None are in my sights.

As a matter of fact, none anywhere are in my sights, but I do speak my mind. Ask anyone who knows me!

And the same will tell you that I don't hold a body's opinion against them...but that I also expect the same respect in turn! LOL

I have friends on all sides of this deal(including the libertarian ticket), and they will all be welcome for dinner in 2 weeks!

This country is full of people with different ideas and many are good...My bottom line is that the system should be fair and just.

AND!!!! if a body isn't pulling his weight, he should not have a say. This would help the vote buying problem we have; that is illegal.

Another point I want to make is that I could care less what color a person's skin is...but I do care what constitutes a person.

Like it or not, we are all supporting millions who don't want to support themselves...and those we put in gov't seem to think they are above us.

The Georgia senate race is being challenged on lies. That should be a felony!!!

Back to what I said earlier...our gov't should be expected to live by the same rules we do. Stevens needs to be all but shot...and he's running for office?!!?
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 9:08pm
Greg, Thats why these forums are difficult, it's hard to convey emotion and intent. My "big Stick" comment was to get you to tell us whats on your mind as you just did. I've been around here long enough to know you have an opinion and it seemed you were holding back. If I didn't value it would not have bothered to try to get it out of you.

On your last comment, I come from a city where the mayor went to jail for stealing a million dollars from taxpayers, the mayor in the next town went to jail for beating up a state trooper. I now reside in a state where our former govenor is in prison and our current govenor will hopefully soon follow. Lock these damn crooks up and throw away the key.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567>
  Share Topic