NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help from Northeast member

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help from Northeast member
    Posted: October-29-2008 at 10:49am
Who can go look at this one for me?

My beautiful wife (who had a lot of wine in her at the time) has blessed adding a boat to the household, I'm trying to strike while the iron is hot so to speak.

I'm looking for a turn key CC priced at 6,000 or less.

'88 in new hampshire
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 12:38pm
Gary, I saw that on CL the other day, it looks like a pretty decent boat for the price- and I love the colors. I checked the phone number and it looks like the seller is up in Plymouth, NH. Normally I would offer to take a look for you, but I'd have a tough time getting up that way within the next few weeks, as he's about 2 hrs from me. Maybe there is another member closer?
OM45GE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OM45GE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 3:23pm
Gary,

I'm about 2 hours from Plymouth myself. There's got to be someone closer on the site.

It might be worth calling the owner and asking if they've had the boat serviced at New England Correct Craft. If so, the guys there may know the boat.

1989 SN 2001
mr_beat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_beat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 6:01pm
Seems like a tough time searching for boats. I spent hours on top of hours upon hours searching the pittsburgh area for a decent ski boat a month or two ago, although I only had half the budget.
TIP: I dont think many people have seen this before, I may be wrong though. This site will search ebay for you and craigslist and a few other resources.

Obviously you may look under Correct Craft but how I found my 2001 was under the category 'nautique' Had to drive to KY to get it and put some new trailer tires on but otherwise ok drive back home, for not haveing brake lights.

Anyhow check this hope it helps, you can toggle the state at the top:

Jaxed
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 6:48pm
I spoke to the owner last night, nice guy, manages a marina, sounded very straight forward and didn't try to sugar coat any answers.
It has a few appearance flaws and it looks like he has priced it accordingly.   I would like to put some eyeballs on it.

winniskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 10:10am
If it's in Plymouth, NH, I am within an hour. I suspect my eyballs would work just fine for you. My under-the-surface skills, maybe not. Send me an email and we can try to work it out.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 6:51pm
A great big thank you to Jim (Winniskier), he graciously took part of his Saturday to go look for me, and saved me a long drive!

Thanks again to Keith, for this great site and all the fans here!

Gary
88 Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88 Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 9:25pm
What's the outcome?
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 11:30pm
I'm no longer interested in the boat.

Gary
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2008 at 9:53am
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

I'm no longer interested in the boat.

Gary

Well, why not?? Are there problems with the boat?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2008 at 11:00am
or...problems with queen
"the things you own will start to own you"
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2008 at 1:32pm
The wife is still onboard.   I asked some very specific questions about condition prior to Jim looking at the boat. Once there, I asked Jim three questions about the basics, hull condition?, Any gel cracking?, where it was located?, type of cracking?, driveline questions, Alignment issues. The first three questions I asked were strikes one, two and three. I'm sure the boat will sell, just not to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic