NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Look what followed me home!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2008 at 3:53pm
Thanks I will look for those.   
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2008 at 4:14pm
MM, like Larry said, Ive ridden and driven his Tique- its no slouch. With 2 people in the front (and none in the back) it will still bounce pretty good, so the hull is fast- and my experience with Chevies is that they breathe pretty good on the top end. Id be curious to see what the GPS says, but I wouldnt be surprised if it were in the 51-53 range.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2008 at 4:39pm
Tim...I have no doubt his Boat is fast, im just saying you cant trust any speedos to be right on the money at top speed, mine show my Boat running almost 10mph slower, and they are brand new!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2008 at 6:52pm
What kind of parts does that chebby have on it larry? The motor im planning on building will be pretty healthy.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2008 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

What kind of parts does that chebby have on it larry? The motor im planning on building will be pretty healthy.

Nothing special as far as I know. A PO could have done something to the internals, but nothing that I know about. Its got an Edelbrock 1406 600 cfm., Mallory distributor, which had an old elect ig. conversion kit that quit on me, which I replaced with a mallory e-spark (per Boat drs recommendation). Other than that, factory engine. Like Tim said, its my understanding they have a little more top end than a ford.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2008 at 10:28pm
just a stock 350 with a holley and alum intake and some ignition should take you to at least 270 hp at a minimum. my skylark had at best 160 hp with the buick v/6 and although i gained appr 80 lbs with a v8. I would think you will hit the mid 50s . Cut the wheel at 45 and you will realize. its enough for anyone in a 16.5 boat. have fun and that is a great color . definitely in my top 2
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2008 at 10:30pm
h by the way i bid for those edlebrocks   the should give me quite a bit more clearance over the cast risers from merc. I will also just relocate my top oil filter
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 12:04am
peter1234..you should wait until the last 30 seconds to place your last bid, so you dont jack the price up to high, I was going to bid on them because I need the Elbows, but I wont ,Good Luck!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 4:47pm
Wow larry thats pretty stout for a stock motor. Mines going to be fun I think it will make some good power breathing through those big Glenwood manifolds. I might have to put 3 inch thru hull tips on it to let the motor breathe like it should with that chebby in it. Peter are you still running the smaller thru hull tips on your green boat?
What kind of rpm's are you crankin WOT larry and peter?
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 5:34pm
I am going to run either 3 or 4 inch probably 3, and I would think it will make most of its power around 4300 to 4800 but that gets awful loud so i will see . I wonder what prop will work best for me .
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2012 at 4:55pm
Is PVC a realistic option for the exhaust?
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2012 at 5:30pm
Not at all. I doubt the engine ever ran like that. There was soneone that didnt have a clue that did that engine conversion. Probably why it never made it to the water.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2012 at 1:54pm
Is this project finished? Where did it come from?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2012 at 2:06pm
Still in process. Look at my post called The Skylark Files. We got side tracked with college and job changes things like that but it is back in front on the chopping block in the barn. Hope to get it running this winter and float it in the spring.

I got it for free out of a yard it had been sitting in for 13 years. The lady talked to the owner and he said if we could move it we could have it. It took two black dodge trucks and one car trailer and it was home that evening. Sadly both of those trucks are long gone but the boat is still with us.
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2012 at 2:08pm
I figured on the PVC front, pretty funny stuff.

Anyways looks awesome so far!
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2012 at 2:18pm
Pete advised me to keep it original and stick with the factory PVC exhaust ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic