NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

buttons to hold bow cover on Sport

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: buttons to hold bow cover on Sport
    Posted: November-05-2008 at 8:25pm
Hello everyone!

I have a cover for the bow of my '93 Sport that snaps on. it has three snaps that are supposed to snap to the inside of the folding section of the windshield. the previous owner lost the part of the snaps that are on the window and there is no longer anywhere for the cover to snap to. I want to replace the snaps on the window but I'm not sure what they look like or where I can pick them up. I figured if someone could get a picture of the snaps for me I could check around and see if I could find them this winter.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2008 at 1:20am
I would guess any canvas shop, or, worst case, a fabric shop.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2008 at 2:33am
The snaps on the window fit into a sort of track on the inside of the folding window, according to the previous owner. I just need to see what these look like so I can try to match them up.
Rglover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2008 at 11:06am
I am not sure but take a look at this at West Marine and see if that's what you are looking for Top-Lok™ stainless windshield snaps, 3/4"

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2008 at 11:59am
West also lists a 7/8" winshield snap.

snaps

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2008 at 6:46pm
Thanks for the replies. The problem is, I'm not sure what these snaps look like. I was hoping someone else with a Sport would post a pic so I would know what I'm looking for.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2008 at 1:07am
Randy,
I also have a '93 Sport. My digital camera is currently not working. So, I measured the clips. Mine are 3/4" like the ones Rglover recommended in a previous reply.
They do clip on the backside of the windsheild frame (with the window in the closed position). They snap in the track and slide to line up with the snaps on the cover.
jimsport93
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic