Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

which tower?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
91SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which tower?
    Posted: November-08-2008 at 9:05pm
okay guys, looking to get a tower for my 91 Ski Nautique - any suggestions which one?

anyone got any photos of their towers on similar boats?

its been suggested to me that a Monster Tower is the way to go, but im not sure I like the look of them.

all answers welcome...........
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 9:10pm
newdimensiontowers.com

BKH
Livin' the Dream

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 9:40pm
yep what he said

wrong hull but its a new dimensions tower
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
91SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 9:51pm
looking good!

not sure I can get those in the UK?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2008 at 11:33am
What do you think of this tower?

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
91SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2008 at 7:58pm
yep, like that.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2008 at 8:09pm
That is a DYI - runs about $800. It might take some modification in order to fit our 2001, I think it is a little too wide at front.

It folds up nicely to the rear, a big plus for me (as well as the price!)

Ben Franklin
91SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2008 at 7:03pm
DYI? not sure what that is!

whats the view on Monster towers?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2008 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by 91SN 91SN wrote:

Had one on a 76' that worked very well. Nice thing is it fold all the way down to where a standard cover fits over it.. Did the job..

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2008 at 12:33am
I don't think Monster towers fold at all.

Ben Franklin
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2008 at 2:59am
Yes, the monster tower folds. I'm not positive about the new model, but the classic monster tower definitely folds. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2008 at 12:14pm
Construction and function hasn't changed.. Still folds flat..
Monster inst.

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2008 at 8:54pm
Some day I will learn to keep my fingers still when I don't know what I am talking about. Not there yet apparently . . .

Ben Franklin
jwchapman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwchapman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 1:55pm
I have a Monster Tower on my 91 Sport. It works great and I like the look.
1991 Sport Nautique
91SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 8:49pm
yep, does look good!
ac505 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 3:12pm
I've got an Monster Tower MT2 on my '97 Sport. I would have preferred a New Dimensions (purely for looks) but the cost to ship to Scotland was prohibitive. Anyway, it folds perfectly under the cover and has the added bonus of stopping any water from pooling on the cover.
I don't know how to post pics so here's a link or two for you

http://p1.pinkbike.com/photo/2170/pbpic2170866.jpg
http://p1.pinkbike.com/photo/2671/pbpic2671115.jpg

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 9:00pm
Ac - Great looking boat & tower too. Bet that Audi gets a workoput pulling it!

Ben Franklin
JamesE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2008 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by 91SN 91SN wrote:

I think he meant DIY. Their website is www.diywake.com I have one of their towers on my Martinique. IMO for the price it can't be beat. There are better looking alternatives out there but I was on a very tight budget and this tower fit the bill perfectly. So far I've been very happy with it. I will try and post a picture of it installed later. I'm on a computer at school right now so I don't have the pictures with me.
JamesE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 12:31am
As promised here's a pic of my '89 Martinique with a DIY Wake tower.

shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 11:06am
i have been very happy with my monster tower. At first i didn't like the looks of any of them. But the functionality that the tower added to the boat for a family is worth the change. When the bimini top is on mine, it adds to the overall look of the boat. As an aside, I have also been very happy with monster towers customer service.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 12:21pm
JamesE - Great looking boat & tower. That's the one we are interested in. They advertise that it is very rigid & doesn't rattle - is this your experience? Also, I would want to mount it a litttle farther forward. Is there a reason you mounted it where you did?

Ben Franklin
JamesE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

JamesE - Great looking boat & tower. That's the one we are interested in. They advertise that it is very rigid & doesn't rattle - is this your experience? Also, I would want to mount it a litttle farther forward. Is there a reason you mounted it where you did?

Thanks. The tower is very solid and I hardly ever hear it make any noise. I use the boat in salt water, typically in the Long Island Sound and only when it's very rough have I heard any noise. Most of the noise comes from the board rack. But I'm assuming that you use your boat on a lake so I doubt that the tower will make any noise with the water conditions on a lake. The reason I mounted the tower so far back is because in the instructions it mentioned that in order for the tower to properly fold down the back leg must be no more than 6" in front of the end of the windshield. So since the sides of the windshield go very far back on the Martinique I had to mount it where I did. But with a 2001 this won't be an issue.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 10:45pm
Thanks, It's great to get a report before I buy.

Ben Franklin
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2008 at 10:25am
I always liked the Monster tower on the 2001's it help take away the angular lines of the screen. The 87 I imported had one on it they do fold down but not that easily.
I think the New Dimension on JoeinNY's 2001 is the best fit with the simplest folding. If I were buying one this would be top of my list depending on price.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2008 at 1:21pm
Regarding the New Dimensions Tower, it is often not the most cost effective way to buy direct from thier website. I ended up with a better price and free shipping during an offseason sale at www.onlyinboards.com. New dimensions and other manufacturers typically cant lower thier online prices to undercut the dealer network, and a lot of dealers wont (or can't) list prices but rather have you submit a request for a quote. Whatever tower you get call around and make sure your getting the best price.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic