NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody from the Ft. Polk, LA area?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody from the Ft. Polk, LA area?
    Posted: November-13-2008 at 1:16pm
I am being reassigned to Ft. Polk, LA in January. On the map there are numerous lakes in the area. On the AWSA website the nearest waterski clubs are in the big cities two hours away.

Just wondering if anybody knows where I can find a slalom club/course a little closer to Ft. Polk itself.

Thanks in advance.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 4:32pm
Bill welcome to the Louisiana. Not a lot of Ski Clubs close , but you will have two members in your back yard. Paul Tellarico,is in Alexandria and Brad is in Pineville thats real close. I am a little further West in a little town called Monterey.
There is ample water to ski and play in close and there is a reason to come here and play on our water.
Give me a call and I willbring you up to speed as to the when where and whats of Southern Living .........1-318-386-2825 Billy/Karen
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 6:48pm
Welcome Bill and a happy day after Veteran’s day. I have a 75 Ski Nautique in the process of restoration. We will all have to hook up. Paul
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 7:02pm
Good deal. I will finally get to meet the Boat Doctor. You helped me to get a new driveshaft for my '87 SN.

Thanks to you and Paul.

We are going out during Christmas leave to scout for a place to live. I will report at the end of January.

From what I hear, there is no need to winterize and skiing is year round.
Bill
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 7:20pm
Bill, what are your plans for Christmas and the holidays while you are near?
We all have a large debt to pay for all that serve in the armed services, and you are invited to come and enjoy our home and to break bread at our table.
A very small thing I know , but the invite is there and we would be honored with your company...........Billy/Karen
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 7:30pm
Likewise if your time is limited you are welcome at our place in Alexandria which is a little closer and Billy and Karen could come here. At lease one night for dinner while you are in town.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 8:22pm
Bill, good to see you back around...I learned a lot from you!

I don't know Tell, but I do know to watch out for Billy!   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 10:49pm
You are all very kind, thank you. I believe we will be there the week before Christmas. But I will certainly send you an email through your diaries listing when I have more details on our trip. I would love to meet you all.
Bill
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2008 at 12:56am
Greg: Just read the profile: boat dr and Tell...what a combo!

Gotta love the way we make friends on C/CFAN.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2008 at 4:33pm
We found a house for sale on the Toledo Bend Lake in Many, LA. It has a water front lot and a boat house.

Anybody know how much of a drive that is to Ft. Polk?

Thanks.
Bill
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2008 at 5:20pm
Less than one hour drive straight up hwy 171. Beautiful place!
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2008 at 6:37pm
Looks good. House on the lake. Boat house so you never have to drive to the launch. Nothing better than getting off work and going water skiing. Then parking the boat at the house to make it to supper.
Bill
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2008 at 6:53pm
Big bass also if your intrested!
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 11:28am
I don't know about bass, but my daughter heard there are gators in the lake. Not sure where she got that information. Now she is spooked.

Skied in some small lakes in Florida that had gators. Kinda wierd having a gator, ten meters away, watching you gear up for a set.

My wife said we can look at the house, but ... it is not her first choice. Women?

Bill
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 12:24pm
Tell your daughter that gators are very rare in Toledo Bend. If they are any, they are way back in the stumps and heavy grass areas where your boat will not be able to go.
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 12:26pm
Good deal
Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic