NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recession marketing?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recession marketing?
    Posted: November-14-2008 at 7:30pm
Considering what CC is going through, I feel this is a valiant attempt to sell some boats.
Bill Yeargin's statement in his blog
At least that was my first impression. If things get any worse, you can change "valiant" to desperate!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2008 at 8:18pm
The only problem Bill has is that they have not made anything "new" in boats in 5-7 years. A 5 year old boat will do 100% of what a new boat will do.

Its going to be a tough year for them....the used market makes it almost impossible to justify a new boat.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 9:16am
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

The only problem Bill has is that they have not made anything "new" in boats in 5-7 years.

Tim,
By "new", do you mean something totally different? They did come out with the 236 in 07 but that's just a lengthened version of a existing hull. What direction of change is there at this stage in the market? (besides a "Tube Nautique")

Yeargin has been with them now for about 3 years but of course we don't know if he is doing any pushing for change. One thing for sure is the board must be doing some pushing of their own at this point!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 9:35am
Maybe it's time for a 'Green Nautique' or an 'Eco Tique'? Maybe make it a little smaller like the Ski Tique for boarders with a CNG engine?

After all, the marketing engineers know the word green makes us feel better about parting with our cash!   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 11:47am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Maybe it's time for a 'Green Nautique' or an 'Eco Tique'? Maybe make it a little smaller like the Ski Tique for boarders with a CNG engine?

After all, the marketing engineers know the word green makes us feel better about parting with our cash!   

Greg if you are suggesting CC going back to a smaller boat, they might ought to go all the way and consider a "wavenautique" or a "nauti-runner".

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 12:22pm
man, aint no way in the world a bank is going to finance a 20 or 30 something person 50k for a boat right now...or anytime in the near future, they may with squeeky clean credit and assets to back it up. I think we will start to see some serious price decreases on all boats. and it will "trickle" down. I see alot of boat owners just wanting to dump what they have tied up in the boats and it is a good market to purchase if you can.
2 months ago ago nobody wanted SUV's and the prices got slashed. I think if you are seriously looking for a boat right now, be patient because there is and will be alot of good deals out there
"the things you own will start to own you"
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2008 at 6:36pm
Wait! Now i'm really confused. I thought stuff was to trickle up from now on?

Once BO get these stimulus checks in the mail those Nautiques will be flying off out the door.

Boat financing is available. The problem is that NOW the banks - really big heaven forbid - want the borrower to be able to pay it back and not just with the equity from thier homes. Imagine that.

Eric is right on. Give it a few months it will be a buyers market.
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2008 at 11:43am
I agree that boating is a great way to enjoy your time together as a family. At the same time I think that you must live within your means.

I would love to have a brand new Ski Nautique 206 with all the bells and whistles. But, I would have to finance a ton of money to buy one.

Maybe he was addressing those in life who make much more money than me. If you can buy a new boat with little or no financing...it would be one really awesome investment.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2008 at 10:19pm
Green Eco friendly Nautiques?

Paint 'em green, put a 2 barrel where the 4 barrel was and sell them under the name:

"Conservation Craft"

Just kidding! It just doesn't work for me. "Green, green, green!"

Make the cars "more" green -- keep boats fun!

Inboards Rule!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic