NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eBay finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3132333435 38>
Author
hal2814 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hal2814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

Tim is flat wrong. It’s an hour and a half job. 45 minutes to R an R but you spend 45 minutes looking for that ball and spring that sprung across the garage.

The screws on the back of my MV-1 came loose on the boat last summer and basically fell apart from the backside. I accidentally learned how to rebuild an MV-1 in my driveway. It took an hour and a half to rebuild the unit, realize a bearing and spring was missing, find the ball and spring in the carpet, take the MV-1 back apart, and then reassemble it.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

Tim is flat wrong. It’s an hour and a half job. 45 minutes to R an R but you spend 45 minutes looking for that ball and spring that sprung across the garage.

LOL, and only 45 minutes if you have a fairly clean garage...

Ha. Fair points all around!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 12:48pm

Consider me unconvinced of that... prevents someone from knocking it out of neutral inadvertently but that’s it..

That's the intension.[/QUOTE]

There's the butt shift, the elbow shift, the knee shift, etc. I think the collar guards against most of those and to me that's the whole point. With a driver sitting in the seat I don't so much worry about locking mechanisms.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 1:06pm
Explain's alot of whats going on today. Back when men were men, we didnt have safety interlocks,outboards had rope start no neutral or reverse. No auto bilge pumps,radio's either. But so far we ended up with heated seats and surfing...... whats next?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Explain's alot of whats going on today. Back when men were men, we didnt have safety interlocks,outboards had rope start no neutral or reverse. No auto bilge pumps,radio's either. But so far we ended up with heated seats and surfing...... whats next?

No longer need guys to come to your house to wire in the phone....Now that I think of it, in the town I grew up in, everyone with a nice Irish name worked for NE Telephone, if they weren't on the town or the state. Got to be a lot of good jobs lost in that industry.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Since it's a California boat I think it's a Marine World boat,much more rare than a Cypress boat. bkhallpass could fill us in with more detail I'll bet- but might want to keep it under the radar until the auction ends so not to inflate the price for this gem.
Marine World

I loved going to Marine World Africa USA as a kid, and watching the ski show. They always had MCs.
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 7:15pm
Good price on a vintage "bullet housing" Airguide speedo

vintage speedo
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 8:41pm
Thanks Phil! That’ll look great on my mustangs dash
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I assume we are talking about the collar at the base of the knob being the “significant safety improvement”? Consider me unconvinced of that... prevents someone from knocking it out of neutral inadvertently but that’s it..

I guess if it's not a safety feature/improvement it must fall into the category of nuisance/inconvenience features then
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 10:32pm
Yup, that sounds more like it.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2018 at 8:01pm
Not ebay, but a really sweet looking Mstang for sale.
1969 Mustang H/M
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

robdubbleu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdubbleu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2018 at 1:53am
Ok well you guys have me convinced to rebuild the one I've got. I'd like the safety aspect of the MV2, but I wouldn't have learned the safety deficit of the MV1 had I not searched around the forum for info on the MV2. So if the rebuild is successful, I'll have saved myself some money and learned to be extra cautious around the shifter.

Thanks!
1976 Ski Nautique (PCM 351) - Currently under major renovation: floor, carpet, interior, gel coat, engine overhaul - ALMOST DONE!
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2018 at 10:05am
Needs work 91 Sport SN good luck.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2018 at 6:48pm
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2018 at 7:38pm

Could be the deal of the century.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Interceptor-Marine-Ford-Y-Block-55-thru-62-aluminum-intake-manifold/223287481493?hash=item33fcf89495:g:stcAAOSwIS9cFsag:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Nice find Bruce I am tempted..need to hook up with guy as I just picked up an old 360 FE truck motor to add to my engine collection, they are getting hard to find over here and marine ones never come up.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2018 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Interceptor-Marine-Ford-Y-Block-55-thru-62-aluminum-intake-manifold/223287481493?hash=item33fcf89495:g:stcAAOSwIS9cFsag:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Nice find Bruce I am tempted..need to hook up with guy as I just picked up an old 360 FE truck motor to add to my engine collection, they are getting hard to find over here and marine ones never come up.

If you do that you'll have a manifold that won't fit your 360 FE engine   

An Fe and a Y block are like an apple and an orange.

uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2018 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

If you do that you'll have a manifold that won't fit your 360 FE engine   

An Fe and a Y block are like an apple and an orange.

Sorry for the confusion Ken ,I have 2 y blocks on the go..I think the ebay guy is a friend of Bruce he uses for his motors.
Any input you like to share on FE engine would be great... hoping to take it out to 4..o50 390 bore.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2018 at 8:10pm
I thought you had a y block or 2, but figured I'd mention it to be sure.

It's been a while since I had an FE, but there is lots of info on the internet about getting good power out of them including the bore job that you mentioned.

First engine I ever tore apart was a 390.

First engine I ever reassembled wasn't that 390, but I learned a lot   
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2018 at 8:29pm

I thought you had a y block or 2, but figured I'd mention it to be sure.

It's been a while since I had an FE, but there is lots of info on the internet about getting good power out of them including the bore job that you mentioned.

First engine I ever tore apart was a 390.

First engine I ever reassembled wasn't that 390, but I learned a lot   

Ken just stripping down now current bore reading 4.020 its out of a 70's F100 block code C6ME could be a 352 not as sold.
May be me but the FE block has the same feel as a y block around the crankshaft.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2018 at 9:42pm
Roger, if your interested in any of engineguy's parts, let me know.   I am a friend of his. I see his FE manifolds have not sold. The FE block is the engine that converted me to a Ford guy.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2018 at 9:46am

Ken just stripping down now current bore reading 4.020 its out of a 70's F100 block code C6ME could be a 352 not as sold.
May be me but the FE block has the same feel as a y block around the crankshaft.

The block is a lot like the y block in the main bearing area just like you're thinking

This info from fordification.com in the link would suggest that it's a 360, but your bore measurement would seem to be a 352 with a .020 overbore

I always got confused by numbers on an FE block, like I think that most of them have a 352 cast in the block that has nothing to do with displacement

link
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2018 at 11:17am
Some people refer to the FE as a Y block. I think most, if not all FEs have 352 cast into them. Our 427 does. Great chart Ken. I'm saving that.

Although now that I look at it, the info states that's what an engine could be. Our engine is a C5AE-H. The chart says it's a side oiler, but I believe ours is a top oiler.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2018 at 12:55pm
The whole fordification.com website is good

Lots of good info and like anything else on the internet there may be some misinformation but at least he warns you that there could be discrepancies and somewhere on his website is some good reading about getting kicked off another website    
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2018 at 5:00pm
I'd like to read that if I could find the link...

My understanding of the FE is that they require much more knowledge to rebuild or especially modify than a SBF or a SBC or a BBC. Why is that? Ford must have turned out millions of them as the 352s and 390s were very common.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2018 at 5:13pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2018 at 6:23pm
If you want the link about getting kicked off another website here it is

link

To me, I don't know what's any different as far as rebuilding an FE engine
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2018 at 8:20pm

The block is a lot like the y block in the main bearing area just like you're thinking

This info from fordification.com in the link would suggest that it's a 360, but your bore measurement would seem to be a 352 with a .020 overbore

I always got confused by numbers on an FE block, like I think that most of them have a 352 cast in the block that has nothing to do with displacement

link

Thanks Ken for finding the links, that chart is a great help..as you and Bruce said, yes my block has the 352 cast mark.
I need to clean up the block,has a around 1/4 inch of oily sludge in the valley and front timing cover. Have a cheepo sonic tester l try on the bores.
Thanks Roger.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2018 at 8:32pm

Roger, if your interested in any of engineguy's parts, let me know.   I am a friend of his. I see his FE manifolds have not sold. The FE block is the engine that converted me to a Ford guy.

Thanks Bruce, I thought it was a guy you used and Billy spoke about,
Will PM you my shopping list for the FE and some Y block parts I need.
Roger.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2019 at 3:55am
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163472330419?ul_noapp=true

VW TDi engine? Tender for a superyacht!
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2019 at 4:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3132333435 38>
  Share Topic