NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St Johns, FL River

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 910111213 22>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2009 at 11:46pm
Looks like a nice time Joe...with some real nice guys!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 2:13am
Now why did this speed stuff have to happen? I was planning on a nice peaceful weekend on The River. No testosterone, no trash talking, no wagering. Of course we're bringing Orange Crush and she's good for 54-55 anyway, but Rodney was planning to bring Olive Oyl, his green 273 Mopar Mustang. Sweet, but not too fast. Now we've only got three days to swap Marshall's 340 into her before we head out. Mark, See what you've done.

Something tells me MaddMarx has been working on the Mighty SkiLime.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 4:45am
Now Reid, you know that whenever this many boats get together there is always some kind of racing that will go on...... and it is a race weekend!
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 10:36am
Touche!
hasbeenskier
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 2:41pm
We'll see you good people around lunch on Friday with the pumpkin and patch in tow!

Can't wait to meet everyone, and Amy says she's bringing toothpick surprise.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

with the pumpkin and patch in tow!

Well, does that mean you have good news???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 7:08pm
He does...talked to Greg by old fashioned voice phone today and his voice was smiling...fired her up last night and Amy was cleaning the seats. Greg did mention something about broken finger nails! Now thats a boating wife!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

with the pumpkin and patch in tow!

Well, does that mean you have good news???

We just got back from a 40 minute ride, and I'd have to guess the fishing is good by the number of dark looks we got. It is a nicer day than we've had in a while and there are lots of birds in the water...    

The bottom line is that we still have a noise that I don't think should be there. I had a slightly bent crankshaft before that was causing the cam gears to smack together. I still have a smaller version of the same noise, but it's running great. Maybe a more experienced ear will pick up on something in florida.

Someone somewhere has a ton of unobtainium info on this rat!     
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

fired her up last night

That part was this morning. I called Billy when it was all set to go and I was scared to go find out!   LMAO

Amy laughed and said "that's right!".   
1988 BFN-sold

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 9:44pm
Godfather , Its good to hear from you again . You been hibernating ?
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 1:13am
4 days till fun in the sun !!!!
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 1:35am
was out today on lake thonotosassa, water was still coolish, temp was 75. sun was intense started working on my tan, everyone make sure you get a fresh bottle of bullfrog sunscreen!

I think i am just going to get a campsite at parramores since they have spots to shower looks like, should be nice sleeping weather, hopefully the skeeters aren't too bad. They can get rough in the summer time.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 12:11pm
Joe C-
Due to wife's work schedule, I am not sure exactly when we will be leaving. I am hoping for 3:00, but it may later. It might have to be a last minute meet up. I am not sure what part of town you are in, but I am just off 95 at Baymeadows, so if you are anywhere north of there, we could meet at my place. It will literaly be last minute, though. I will give you a call Friday afternoon when I know more. Otherwise, we will meet you at the campground.

Adam
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 12:24pm
Doesn't look too bad right now. If there is one thing I have learned living in FL it is that they have a hard time predicting tomorrows weather, let alone next weekends.

Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 12:59pm
Kim and I are planning on leaving at 0600 on Fri. morning. Should cruise in at about 12:30-1:00. ( based on mapquest 6 hour drive and barring any road/traffic troubles) Plan on stopping only for fuel and to open the flood gates to release the early morning coffee.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 1:20pm
Does anyone know if 75 is still under destruction in S Georgia?
1988 BFN-sold

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 1:56pm
...... Alright guys and girls......

What is the game plan for the BIG WEEKEND????

Also plans for Friday for those that choose to arrive for the Pre Game Party......

ReidP has suggested a Fri. afternoon run to parts unknown to Karen and I.Dont really need to know where just how to FOLLOW......
Any takers to increase the caravan?????????
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 2:01pm

Does anyone know if 75 is still under destruction in S Georgia?

it was at the beginning of January wasn't much of a hassel just down to two lanes with a very bumpy right lane and a tight left lane.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 2:09pm
Thanks Chris. That's getting old after a couple of years.

Doc, I just printed the phone list and we'll give you a ring friday morning on our way up to the campground.
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 2:10pm
Greg,

I do know that I-75 has sound barrier construction where 675 and 75 merge to eagles landing parkway.

I-75 cons. South of macon where 475 to 75 merge. concrete barriers on both sides from the merge to warner robins and in S Ga. check out this link.

South Ga I-75 Construction
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Towermac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towermac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 4:44pm
I wish I could make it this year but it looks like I have to continue to work on my fortune. However since trophies are involved I will be sending the 70 Mustang down in the hands of expert driver Nautique John. I hope ya'll have a great time and stay safe.

Reid,

Did you tell them about my new super charger?

Marshall
Marshall
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 7:07pm
Any plans on traveling down as far south as Lake Monroe? Would love to join you guys out there with my '69 Barracuda, she looks kinda rough still but runs great. I live about 15 mins from Lake Monroe and would love to hangout for an afternoon or something so any information would be greatly appreciated.
BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 9:41pm
Boat Dr...... I found the "pretty food" for you and Karen......YUM

They have cajun frog legs, catfish, and grilled quail, and tilapia.... sounds like something yall down in the swamp might be used to!!!!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2009 at 3:20am
69barri...With time being short, and that a four hour trip one way, I think everyone wants to hang around Astor and the Glen, why dont you bring your boat up and join the party, its about a 30 min ride from Sandford!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2009 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

This thread is killing me.

Amen to that. I'm officially out as of yesterday. I was going to try to sneek down Fri nite - Sun, but can't make it happen.Have a great time and take lots of pics.
   Be safe.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2009 at 12:35pm
Marshall, that boat of yours is plenty fast without adding a supercharger. I had the pleasure of riding in it in November and I'd say it's the fastest Correct Craft I've been in. It hooked my son David on the need for speed. He's already got his sights on his next boat.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2009 at 3:50pm
My intinerary is arriving at Orlando airport on Friday at 10:30am, and leaving same at 7:30 pm on Sunday. I will have a car and would be happy to cart around anyone else arriving or leaving approximately those times. My current plan is to head right up to river and look for people with loud boats. I am staying at Reid's place for the weekend... pretty sure he knows that... .
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2009 at 2:38am
Hey Joe,

Not sure what time you are headed out to the airport on Sunday. I have a 6pm flight out of Orlando. If it doesn't put you out, I would appreciate a lift. Personally, I hate sitting around airports, so totally understand if that is too early.

Lemme know

thanks

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2009 at 2:46am
Consider it done Mike, my guess is by that time sunday I will be due for a rest..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2009 at 11:05am
              WON'T BE LONG NOW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 910111213 22>
  Share Topic