NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St Johns, FL River

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 19202122>
Author
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 7:48pm
And the article that was with it.
83Ski
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 9:20pm
Bud,
It's always a pleasure to know of a fellow wood boat owner especially if it's a Correct Craft!

I see in the ACBS directory that you've re powered your boat with a Mercruiser. What was the original engine and why did you re power?

What happened to the Correct Craft antique boat club? I never knew one even existed and I've been a ACBS member since 1977.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 5:59am
That is an awesome Tribune cover shot. I wouldn't mind printing big and framing in my bar.
1982 SN 2001 RIP (Resto in Progress)

Don's Diary

Will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 1:29pm
I appreciate all the responses. The antique boat club was disolved in the mid 80's, because the membership was too small and spread out across the country. I repowered from a graymarine model 100, because I could not find anybody to work on it in central Florida and it was a matter of keep it original and not use it, or repower which is what I did. It is kind of scary being in the middle of Lake Conway and having the mechanic ask me where's the carburetor after opening the engine cover, Of course the gay had a updraft zenith carburetor. I am and have been an advecate of if you have a boat, then use it.
Thanks,
Bud Sellers
bud@cmenow.com
Will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 1:36pm
one more thing is that photos from the newsletter and from cover of the nautique news, show an upholstery pattern similar to what offered in 1954, but now is the interior is as close to original as i could have done about 10 years ago. red was one of bottom colors offered in 1954 and as young i was i could not remember the exact bottom color. based on the info i was told, the bottom colors would have been red, yellow or green.
, but there was definitely another color.
bud
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 1:41pm
Hey Don, I see that you are making really good use of the Tribunes! Bud was in more than one publication of the Tribune showing retoration projects. I remember one on interior restoration. I will have to look through some of my other Tribunes. My guess is that many CCF members have no idea that Correct Craft use to produce these publications. Maybe a tread on these in general discussion would be helpful. Let this (newbie) ha ha know if there is an interest! The Tribune started out as a newspaper called the "Orlando Tribune" or "The Voice of Correct Craft." Early publications were mainly sent to CC marina's in a newspaper form and later evolved into more of a magazine style (22-24 page publication!) Correct Craft stopped publication around 2002. Publications were normally twice a year. Having been around Correct Craft since 1968 and having read these has helped my overall knowledge of Correct Craft's history. Bud Sellers and Correct Craft had many articles in these publications that helped to link the past and the present! The greatest thing was that owners throughout many years could display their boats, discuss tournaments USA and around the World, new and upcoming skiers, boat show calendars, missionary messages, restorations, product test, fashion nautique and much much more. I am not sure why they stopped publication, but it seems to me that many of the same topics listed in the Tribunes are discussed on this site!

How fast do you think the 1984 Ski Nautique 2001 and Bud's classic were going when the picture was taken? I believe that Bud would have to be the one to answer that question!

Will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 6:45pm
for boat doctor, who is currently working on a 1949 dart, and for anybody else that likes th pictures and info.
Bud

Will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 6:49pm
we were doing about 40mph on lake down in windemere,fl. the helicopter was about 80 feet above us. IT WAS A THRILL.
bud
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 10:12pm
Wow!! Thanks for the info Bud.
83Ski
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Will Will wrote:

I appreciate all the responses. The antique boat club was disolved in the mid 80's, because the membership was too small and spread out across the country. I repowered from a graymarine model 100, because I could not find anybody to work on it in central Florida

Bud,
Sorry to hear you had the problem. You couldn't have been asking the proper people!! The ACBS Sunnyland chapter has always been one of the biggest 2008 - 417 members!! What happened to the Gray?

I understand you have a fantastic literature collection. I'm sure you have some that isn't in the sites ref. section. I see you have posted a couple pieces above but maybe more could be added.

Bud,
Everyone who has sen you boat has commented on how beautiful it is. Do you work on it yourself?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
54commuter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 54commuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2009 at 11:19am
The graymarine was sold in 1983 to a gentleman in st.petersburg,fl and he was going to put in an old trojan. most of the info i have is already in the reference section on the site. some info i have the factory did have. not sure because the factory over the years did give away some of the info.if an individual wants to email me at bud@cmenow. com, i would be more than glad to help if i can.
bud
bud sellers
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2009 at 2:33pm
What a super guy, between Bud and Pete I have spent counless hours one phone with them .Willing to share and direct me in between the bumps and hurdles I am trying to negotiate for the repairs on this old boat.
Bud has the "knock your socks off boat, along with the knowledge of who , what , when and where to add to their history.
Thank you Bud for the info you have posted so far and hope you will share more as you find it.....Billy/Karen
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2009 at 3:59am

Boat Dr:
When do we get to see some of Karen's pictures from the St. John's weekend?
-Adam

1973 Skier
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2009 at 11:03am
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

Boat Dr:
When do we get to see some of Karen's pictures from the St. John's weekend?

I'm still waiting to see some of Karen's pictures from Green Lake 08. And 07.

Rob
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2009 at 2:23am
Hey Rob,
I got two DVD's full of photos from Karen. I was hoping to get them up but just running out of time before leaving for vacation (that work thing always seems to get in the way). I'll try to get a few photos up while away but otherwise will post the photos the week after next.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2009 at 1:14am
Well, maybe next year you will be in the photo's too..hehe

Again had a great time, the photo's that Karen and NEW BOAT OWNER "Billy" will be a treat to see..

Still waiting Keith, no presure here.....
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2009 at 3:45pm
Has there been any talk about another St. John's weekend. Maybe some time this summer when things are warmed up.

Brad
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2009 at 4:00pm
Brad , you missed the "BOAT" on the river run.
All efforts now are towards the Green Lake Reunion. Do Not Miss This One.....
St. Johns was a warm up to the BIG ONE in July. The air is warm but the water is a bit COOL for us southerners.
Karen and I will drive 1200 miles one way to get one of those Tee Shirts. Water,Boats, and good friends , what else do you need?????????????Boat dr
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2009 at 12:54am
WARM WATER!!!
I'm waiting on the next St. Johns reunion!!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2009 at 4:38pm
I need a telaporter lol. God will be blessing me with my first child around July 18th. Dont think the wife or my little girl will be up for the ride. I will be enjoying the warm water and trying to build the teleporter between now and then. If you come across any blueprints let me know. LOL
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2009 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Bradley950 Bradley950 wrote:

I need a telaporter lol. God will be blessing me with my first child around July 18th. Dont think the wife or my little girl will be up for the ride. I will be enjoying the warm water and trying to build the teleporter between now and then. If you come across any blueprints let me know. LOL

Brad, congrats on the news. You needed to plan that differently so you can drive up with the Caravan from the S.E. and have some fun in Green Lake. Like the Cubs, there's always next year. !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2009 at 12:24am

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2009 at 3:38pm
Nice shots Mark.

What's Reid up to in the last pic?!!?   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2009 at 1:58am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

What's Reid up to in the last pic?!!?   

For the 409 to outrun this whole pack, I knew I'd have to pull one out. I just didn't dig deep enough to cover the Doctor.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2009 at 2:50pm
Reid, I don't think a better answer exists!

LMAO!!!!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2009 at 8:15pm
Hey Guys,
I finally got photos up from Woodie and the Boat Dr.

You can check them out here:
St. John's 09 Slide show

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2009 at 10:38pm
Nice slide show... Thanks Keith
bj
hasbeenskier
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2009 at 12:57am
Wow, looks great... What a nice time it was too..

Dave
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2009 at 2:46am
For those that could not come, the pics only show a fraction of the LARGE TIME HAD BY ALL.
And my hat is off for many great photos that were taken and posted to this great site.
And just think that was a warm up session for Green Lake............Boat dr
54commuter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 54commuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2009 at 1:25pm
how's the dart coming?

bud
bud sellers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 19202122>
  Share Topic