NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St Johns, FL River

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 22>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2009 at 4:01am
He didn't say anything about "bring'n the bacon".....

We'll squeeze 'em in Adam.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2009 at 11:43am
Just made my reservation at Parramore's for the 13th and 14th, site 302, just down from you, Critter. We will arive Friday evening and we will have to leave Sunday afternoon as the wife has to work on Monday.

Looking forward to finally meeting everyone!

Adam
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2009 at 11:48am
Forgot to mention, I don't know where any of you guys are flying into, but if it is cheaper to fly into Jacksonville, I would be more than happy to pick you up and drive down to Astor Friday evening. We have room for 2 comfortably in the Jeep and could squeeze three if we had to.
Boats:
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2009 at 1:14pm
Okay, Looks like you guy's will have to put up with us "Morfoot's" too. Just booked the last cabin at Parramore's. Guess I gotta drain a tank of gas outta the boat and get her ready for the trip. Can't see towing a full tank of gas down there. Might half to bust out a buffer too.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2009 at 3:55pm
Damn, maybe I need to take a second look at some of those Florida 210's that are just laying around.

"But honey, they make them in Florida. They are just GIVING them away down there..."

Anyhow, no travel for the 'Dog family this winter/spring. To bad, now that this thing is coming together, it looks great. The St John's looks like a must do.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2009 at 9:50pm
Morfoots? The Morfoot's are coming too? Excellent. More great people to meet.

And I've got more good news! I just spoke to the Godfather himself, and he indeed confirmed that he'd be there along with his daughter, meeting up with us Saturday AM. How much more can we stand?! We're up to at least 10 boats now I believe.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 12:50am
Alright I am booked, coming in to orlando Friday Morning at 10:30, leaving orlando Sunday 7:30. Can't wait to see the old friends and meet the new ones.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 1:00am
Good for you Joe.
I sure the rest of us vicarious parasites are counting on your historically excellent photo documentation.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 1:52am
This page needed some pics!
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 2:02am
Joe,

I am flying out of Orlando Sunday night at around 6:30pm. Let's catch a ride together.
I still have not really worked that part out.
Leaving 80* weather is not my top priority.

mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 2:49am
Mike I think you might be optimistic on the 80, but I agree that leaving is not high on my list of things I want to do when in Florida. We will definitely work something out when we have to get on the road, my initial plan was to just rent a car for the weekend if that starts to seem superfluous as the data approaches maybe I won't bother.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 3:04am
If anyone needs to be picked up from OIA let me know, its only about 10min from my house!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 3:08am
Just got off the phone with MM...we're gettin' excited.

The Morfoots...cool...will be glad to see you Tim and Kim again. And you won't be sorry when you meet these guys and gals.

And azeus...glad you are making it as well.

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 3:09am
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 3:12am
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 3:18am
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 3:22am
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 3:25am
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 3:29am
If that video don't get them Mark nothing will.

Sweet.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 3:42am
Yeah, did you see how smooth that big lake is!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 3:46am
It was awesome...hope its the same this year!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 10:28am
Normally, I would say 80 would be optimistic, but this winter has been really warm (well, this week is cold). January should be our coldest month and we have had 80, or near it, already. With some luck, we may see it again mid-Feb.

Told the wife all about it last night and she is excited to meet everyone as well.
Boats:
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 11:18am
in MN, in January, 80 is a term used to describe weather where we are not.
At this very moment it is -27* F. at my house. We will not see a daily high temp above zero until mid day Friday. I think anything within 20 degrees of that will feel like it.
Even if it falls short, it will be 100 (ONE HUNDRED) degrees warmer than it is here. One hundred.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 11:40am
That cold weather is working its way toward us. We haven't had a cold spell like that for a few years. One good thing about it is when it gets that cold, it's too cold to snow.

Even if the temps are only in the 60's, it's still t shirt weather and you'll have the whole place to yourselves.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Even if the temps are only in the 60's, it's still t shirt weather.

Heck, it's been that cold at Green Lake in July!!!
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 8:53pm
I am reminded every day why I moved south. Funny thing though, I still miss the 4 seasons.
Boats:
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2009 at 12:01pm
We just booked #303 for fri-sun. Don't know about the boat yet but we'll see you there!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2009 at 12:24pm
Ya'll take lotsa pictures for us northerners who are suffering through the winter.      then post them!   
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2009 at 12:28pm
Greg, Hey dude if Kim and I are dragging ours from McDonough, then you and Amy gotta drag yours down there! We could even have...... a "Lil' Atlanta Contingent Correct Craft Caravan" headed down.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2009 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

We could even have...... a "Lil' Atlanta Contingent Correct Craft Caravan" headed down.

Suits me! We're not sure when we intend to roll out...mostly need some daylight on the other end to pitch our tent. My guess though, is that we'll leave early enough to enjoy some of the day on friday.

As for the boat, I've gotten some help and some good advice with the parts to arrive next week. Here's hoping all will be well!

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 22>
  Share Topic