NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St Johns, FL River

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 22>
Author
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 11:20am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

maybe a list is in order dr...

critter & Mrs. with boat
MM & Blondie with boat
Eddie & JoAnne (?) with boat
ReidP & posse with boats
AdamT & Tami with CORAL (pinkish) boat
azeus (Adam)& Mrs. with boat
JoeinNY
boat dr & boat nurse with boat
Majicman
wakeslayer (Mike)
MorFoots Tim & Kim with boat
BuffaloBFN Greg & Amy with boat(?)
skicat (?)
skibum (?)

maybe a few more??

john

I'm definitely planning on bringing the boat but JoAnn is working. You know tax season is tax season and she works every saturday now until april 15!!!! She gave me her blessing though.
So if anybody needs a ride, I'll have some room as long as you don't mind riding in something other than a CC.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 11:28am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

For the record I have it on good authority that Chris is not the only would be attendee that has an issue with it being valentines day, he is simply the only one man enough to admit it so far.

Joe, calm down- Im working on it.
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 11:44am
My wife and I share the same birthday, July 23, but we are two years different. She did not like having to share her birthday with me (wants a day all to herself ) so she decided Valentine's Day would be her day instead.   Even then, she still OK'd the trip to the river (I think becasue she knows how much I wanted to make it to GL last year, and I won't be able to make it this year either).Camping on Valentines day...not the most romantic, but we will make it work.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

For the record I have it on good authority that Chris is not the only would be attendee that has an issue with it being valentines day, he is simply the only one man enough to admit it so far.

Advice to you young single guys: The higher you set the bar now, the more difficult it will be to maintain as years go on. Invite them along, or leave them a note and a box of Russel Stovers.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 12:18pm
I have also found that a kiss and a hug as you walk out the door is a good exit strategy
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 12:45pm
[QUOTE=backfoot100] [QUOTE=jbear] maybe a list is in order dr...

critter & Mrs. with boat
MM & Blondie with boat
Eddie & JoAnne (?) with boat
ReidP & posse with boats
AdamT & Tami with CORAL (pinkish) boat
azeus (Adam)& Mrs. with boat
JoeinNY
boat dr & boat nurse with boat
Majicman
wakeslayer (Mike)
MorFoots Tim & Kim with boat
BuffaloBFN Greg & Amy with boat(?)
skicat (?)
skibum (?)
ChipsAhoy{ Chip Young}

Add Your Name To The List
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 1:01pm
Chris, tell her that you just want to bring the love of your life down to the St Johns River on Valentines weekend to meet the rest of your extended family................................... Oh, and you can invite her too!

Just kidding. If's she in for the long haul better hit it with her now instead of later. That way you both know what your getting into.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I'll admit this bunch all seems to be in pretty good shape in the better half department, still not really sure how I pulled that off.

Actually, me either.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 1:51pm
Mike, dad had a saying:
"Even a blind hog will stumble up on an acorn every once in a while"

"Thanks be to God that we do not get what we deserve but rather what we need"            Boat dr
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 2:59pm
See down here then cat...better call up to Kentucky and get your traveling partner. Ain't seen him on in awhile...ktom ok?

Did someone say somthing?
clarkebar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkebar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 3:38pm
Whose Classic is shown in the great pictures? Would love to see it person and get some details for my 62 Classic.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 4:35pm
That would be Reid's.

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 4:44pm
Reids boats are usually hard to get a clear picture or view of.. They are usually a BLUR.
The only reason the above picture is so clear is that Reid had both his hands full when it was taken.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by skibum1110 skibum1110 wrote:

Maybe this time next year we'll be married and I will be able to hangout with the boys. Chris

The World's Shortest Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'     The girl said, 'NO!'
And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went boating and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

THE END

Just messin with you Chris, just happened to have that emailed to me today right after reading your post, LOL.
skibum1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 5:45pm
Quinner, you know what's funny about that little story. I do it all now as we speak, except on valentines day. She's to good to me,so I can make some exceptions sometimes. I have a month to figure out something so I'm going to see what I can do. Chris
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 5:54pm
Well since it's below zero here in northern IN, the wife and I have decided to make the trip down for this "not-so" mini-reunion. Booked the flight about an hour ago. This will be our first flight with our then to be 6 month old. Can't wait to see some old friends and meet some new ones.

A special thanks to Jbear for the hospitality and the help with planning the trip.

See you all soon!
Rob
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Well since it's below zero here in northern IN, the wife and I have decided to make the trip down for this "not-so" mini-reunion. Booked the flight about an hour ago. This will be our first flight with our then to be 6 month old. Can't wait to see some old friends and meet some new ones.

A special thanks to Jbear for the hospitality and the help with planning the trip.

See you all soon!
Rob

That's awesome Rob!!! It'll be nice to see you and Dena again!!!! And the newest Leinen addition!!!! Too cool.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

So if anybody needs a ride, I'll have some room as long as you don't mind riding in something other than a CC.

It's O.K., Eddie's boat is "Jbear Approved"
-Adam

1973 Skier
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 6:34pm
Next year I get an extra week vacation, I think I know how I'm going to spend it! Trailer down the weekend before, ski a few days, then meet up on this river. Have fun guys!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Next year I get an extra week vacation, I think I know how I'm going to spend it! Trailer down the weekend before, ski a few days, then meet up on this river. Have fun guys!

HW, if you could go this year is the boat in a place you could even get to with this much snow on the ground???

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 6:48pm
Actually yes, although I would need to do some serious plowing to get it up the driveway. It is ready to ski! All I did was drain the block and add Sta-Bil. Whenever I've been up there and had time to finish there was either too much snow on the ground to bring it out or it was single digits. It's been almost 3 months since it ran so I do need to get to finnishing it soon though.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by clarkebar clarkebar wrote:

Whose Classic is shown in the great pictures? Would love to see it person and get some details for my 62 Classic.

I believe ReidP is bringing The Orange Crush this year, not sure if the Classic will be there.
I agree, that Classic is, well, a Classic!

Some pics of her from last February:

-Adam

1973 Skier
clarkebar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkebar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 7:12pm
Where is Reid located? I could not see the numbers on the boat. Where does the St. John trip start at? Would love to go and meet the members that show up. The St. john trip and Fla. reunion are alot easier for me to get to than the ones up north.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 7:14pm
The venue and the hosts certainly are inviting. People keep dropping what they're doing to make plans. I guess that's what a couple of weeks of 0 degrees will do to a guy. I wish I was one of the ones saying "oh what the heck, I just made my reservations, too" but that can't happen.

Have you noticed it has taken many fewer posts to make this fairly significant interstate event happen than it takes to get 4 or 5 guys together for a beer in chicago? I wouldn't want to be at that table at the end of the evening. If it takes that much effort for those old ladies to plan the event can you imagine what its like watching them try to figure out how to divy up the bill fairly?

Have fun in FL everyone!!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 7:26pm
Eric, Reid is located in NC, here known as the Pinkham Compound. Karen and I have not been invited there , but heard that it is a place to be and be seen.
As time gets closer there will be more buzz as to the game plan for all three days.Parramores Fantastic Family Fish Camp and Resort is our place to roost,The Racoon Den contains our bed.
Critter and a few others will call this home base for the duration of our stay in the land of Fun and Sun.
Give me a call and will try to give you all the info I have, and look forward to meeting you and some others that have not made Green Lake.......Boat dr 1-318-386-2825
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

Eddie's boat is kick a**, CC or not.

Rob
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

That would be cool.

Eddie
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2009 at 2:47am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

You are this mystery guy Tim? Would think that a guy like you would just do it. You won't be sorry.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2009 at 2:49am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Have you noticed it has taken many fewer posts to make this fairly significant interstate event happen than it takes to get 4 or 5 guys together for a beer in chicago? I wouldn't want to be at that table at the end of the evening. If it takes that much effort for those old ladies to plan the event can you imagine what its like watching them try to figure out how to divy up the bill fairly?

Which one is Brainard, I've always wondered what he looked like?!?

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2009 at 2:55am
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

This guy sure don't need my approval...altho he of course has it..

May be non C/C but awesome none the less...see it for yourself and find out.

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 22>
  Share Topic