Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St Johns, FL River

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 22>
Author
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: St Johns, FL River
    Posted: January-06-2009 at 5:17pm
When, who and what time are ones meeting for a river trip. Maybe, some of us will not have boats ready for winter or early Spring. Could rides be shared for the day? Will have to see on timing depending on the date.

Steve
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2009 at 5:24pm
Cathie and I are currently planning on showing up. We are looking at leaving NC on Friday and then returning late Sunday. We are looking at staying in the Parramores campground in Astor.
We will be bringing the 80 SN and you are welcome to ride along with us. This will be our first trip down to the St Johns so we will just be tagging along with others.

Hope that you can be there...
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:14am
Lisa and I will be there, and should have room for a rider or two, Critter you guys are going to love it down here, the river is awesome, I think Woody is going to show up also!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:32am
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:39am
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 12:59am
Nice pics Mark. thanks for sharing. looks like agreat time.

When does this happen?
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 1:45am
We are really looking forward to the trip Mark. We have heard nothing but good things from those that have make the trip the previous years.

Steve, the weekend is Feb 13-15th but I would figure that some might be staying longer.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 3:27am
A few more:

A very good time. ReidP has the exact location of the ramp we'll meet at. Patti and I will have room for a rider or two as long as Eddie brings his boat...if he doesn't he'll ride with us.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

the weekend is Feb 13-15th

I may be in Fla. Feb 17th-24th. Looks like I'll miss this one. That really looks like a nice area .

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 8:42pm
Sounds like a good time. Count me in.

I have room for a few riders as well.

Is there any more detailed info?
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2009 at 9:07pm
Yeah I think I am going to have to get in on this somehow, I was thinking of being farther south in FLA the following week as that is when some of my teacher friends are on vacation, maybe I will come in early or just do this and blow that off...

I hear Karen and Billy will be there, Woody was a lock, and Billy had another friend bringing along a 76 SN that is currently in the Dr's Office.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2009 at 10:35am
Joe-
Are you thinking about bringing the boat down? I sure would like to get a look at it, seeing how I missed out on both reunions last year and this year does not look any better.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2009 at 11:34am
Originally posted by azeus17 azeus17 wrote:

Joe-
Are you thinking about bringing the boat down?

I am thinking about it, but dont think I can make it happen. Not only would it take a machine shop miracle (Which sometimes happen this time of year during recessions) but it would also involve driving down by myself or waiting till Friday afternoon to leave which wouldn't get me there till Sat afternoon... not ideal. Probably end up flying down and trying to bum a ride, will talk to the boys and their bosses this weekend and finalize the plans.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2009 at 12:46pm
   Joe,

You got engine trouble? That mystery noise you were chasing last summer?... Or different boat?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2009 at 1:37pm
The mystery noise is the excuse to pull it out then the sickness kicks in and you start looking for more I will post updates when I get into it.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2009 at 7:11pm
Apparently St Johns river is about 320 miles long could one of the locals be a little more descriptive ?

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2009 at 7:32pm
Used up some flyer miles I had laying around and booked my flights today. Be getting in friday afternoon. See ya there.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2009 at 7:44pm
Good to hear Alan...
You bringing the kids with you ? If so, I would be happy to pull them behind the 80 if they want to get wet.... or you for that matter... I will be bringing what I have with me.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2009 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Good to hear Alan...
You bringing the kids with you ? If so, I would be happy to pull them behind the 80 if they want to get wet.... or you for that matter... I will be bringing what I have with me.

Going Solo on this one Roger, Gonna hit the race on Sunday with Reid. Not bringing any gear with me but that probably won't stop me.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2009 at 8:55pm
I would have liked to go to the Daytona 500, went a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. But as I have to be back home Sunday night, I will have to listen to it on the radio while driving down the highway.
Maybe Cathie will let me watch TV while I am behind the wheel.
I know that they say texting will be illegal while driving but I can have Cathie change the channel as we pass stations....
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2009 at 12:41am
Karen and I will be there along with some Snow Bird that will be flying in, Wakeslayer.I also have a buddy bringing his newest toy.'76 SN with 289 hrs. You wont believe this jewel, its owner is a hoot too.
As for a head count for the boat dr we have 4 maybe 5 if Wakeslayers bride can get the time off from work. We will be staying in Astor at Parramores Fantastic Family Fish Camp and Resort @ The Raccoon Den cabin
1-Karen
2- Billy
3-Chip
4-Mike

Hope more decide to show..........Boat dr
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2009 at 2:29am
Well guys. Sadly, the lovely Mrs. Wakeslayer is unable to get off work. We fly back from our cabin late that Tuesday night, and would be leaving Thursday afternoon for Orlando. However, I do, in fact, have the greatest wife on the planet. And some flexibility with my work. I will be down there early evening Thursday. Barbara sends her regrets and will see everyone at Green Lake in July.

I have barefooted and boarded with bull sharks before, but not alligators. Any difference?

IceSlayer
Mike N

1968 Mustang

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2009 at 3:34am
I dont think you would want to ski on the river, the water is dark and it is full of these guys, but the lake is good, but the water is cold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2009 at 9:31am
Sounds/looks like an interesting trip. I'd like to pull the 88' down but will have to check with Kim to see if she interested. I'm guessing it's a camping trip for the weekend. John, I'll have to call you and get some more info on this.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2009 at 11:01am
MM,

I thought that was the case. At least the bulls don't show themselves to you much.

Cold like what? I am guessing more than comfortable considering where I am coming from.

Mike

Mike N

1968 Mustang

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2009 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

but the lake is good, but the water is cold

Cold water in Fla is like bath water. You just do not sweat while you are in the water.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2009 at 1:40pm
Ha. Cannot wait.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2009 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

I dont think you would want to ski on the river, the water is dark and it is full of these guys, but the lake is good, but the water is cold

Maybe it's my eyes or this screen, what is that in the pic?

Is the river fresh water or brackish?

Sounds and looks like a real cool trip, sure you will all have a great time!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2009 at 9:26pm
Hey Guys! I'm back in the fold. Sorry for the brief absence, as the epitome (vacation) and scourge (work) of life have gotten the best of me. This St Johns River thing is shaping up ever so nicely. And to answer Quinner's questions above, in case he really didn't know, that's a 'gator, and not the Tim Tebow kind, although he was rather deadly last night, heh? And you hardly ride a mile on the curvy St Johns in this area without seeing one, and esp on a sunny day. The water is all fresh this far south on the river, but "black", dyed by the tannin from the trees, and crystal clear at the Silver Glen Springs which we venture into to anchor and hang, as shown in some of the picts above.

I spoke to Joe (can you believe he's coming down?) just a minute ago and he's going to post a good map showing key locations. And of course the Orange Crush 409 will be there as well as Marshall's 340 Mustang I believe. (Billy, you'd better be in good tune). If you're still on the fence, come on out and join us. Some of us will be boating Thurs and Fri as well.            
ReidP
1973 Mustang

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2009 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

maybe it's my eyes or this screen, what is that in the pic?

No worries Quinner. That's a Sea Lion. Quite playful creatures if you just jump right in with them

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 22>
  Share Topic