NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

XR100

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XR100
    Posted: January-10-2009 at 4:51am
Hi Guys

Been awhile since I looked in.I've been helping my son Trey run a Flat track bike this winter.Started with a XR100 have the chassis working very well now.He has gone from getting lapped in his first race,to two feature wins in a row.Of course he has rode alot in his short life but his progression has been amazing to this proud dad.Any way why I decided to post here and ask has anyone ever built a honda 100 for hp?Its time now to look for a few more since they only come with about 5.

Glad to read up on everyone stay safe in your projects.

Munday
If the only tool you have is a hammer,everything starts to look like a nail.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2009 at 5:34am
congrats to the proud father, don't know if your gonna find a honda 100 expert here but I sure wouldnt bet against it. Best wishes to Trey's continued success.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2009 at 10:16am
Is that still the old 80's four stroke XR series or did they carry the XR label on to newer models as well?

We used to build some old hondas up but it was mostly aftermarket higher compression oversize pistons, cams and porting work. Are there any limits to what you can modify for the class?
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2009 at 12:13pm
My friend ran go carts and he use to aim the sparg plug thing, he was always winning and said that helped
someone hear knows what im talking abut
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2009 at 12:34pm
index the spark plug....
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2009 at 5:03pm
Munday, I have an XR and find this site helpful with forums and information.
http://www.thumpertalk.com/

and this is a place where you can get mods.
http://www.twobros.com/MX.htm

plenty things you can do

big bore kit
stroker crank 124
carb. 28mm
intake
header
valves and springs
big cam
plenty more just go check it out...hope this helps
RootRacing
JamesE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2009 at 8:17am
Don't forget about gearing. It's a trade off between top end speed and acceleration but try experimenting with different sprocket sizes until it suits your specific needs best. Remember:Bigger rear sprocket, smaller front sprocket=more acceleration, the opposite is true for more top end.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2009 at 11:47am
are the rules pretty strict on the changes you can make? I thought most racing of this nature is pretty restricted on the mods. and its the little tricks that they dont know about that gets you out front...if not strap a nitrous bottle on it and some pine tar on his gloves lol
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2009 at 12:28pm
When Ricky Carmichel was little I saw him race a big wheel 80 in the 250 open and come in 3rd. That guy's the MAN !
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2009 at 12:38pm
remember Bob Hannah? thats going back....
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2009 at 1:10pm
We race dirt bikes on the lake in the winter here. Informally for us, but a blast nonetheless. We will plow a track on the lake with our 4wheelers. Mine are usually about .4 to .5 mile. This year has been a pain in the ass due to all the snow an wind so my track is pretty much gone at the moment. Zman has a .8 track at his house that is amazing. turns, sweepers, shicayne (sp) and straights.
The little bikes are way more nimble. I have a Honda CRF150R. 16/19 wheels. It hauls ass. We have a guy that makes tires for us. Like 500 ice screws in each, thru the lugs and into a liner.

My son rides MX on a YZ250F. We have a track on the back of our farm. He is insane. And is recovering from a pretty horrible knee injury he suffered last July. Came down kittywampus off a triple and landed on his right knee. Shattered kneecap, 35 stitches. Opened her up from side to side.

Mike N

1968 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2009 at 1:57pm

my friend had double knee replacement Thursday, he loved to run and enter Marathons, I remember telling him 15 years ago, your gonna need knees when you get older
    Ole wise one, needless to say he is in f-in pain beyond belief
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2009 at 3:14pm
Hey guys thanks for the replys,Trey ran a distant second last night.Rider error,he is suppossed to run this little short track in second gear.A third gear start was a bit boggy and he never did figure it out,So rode the whole feature in wrong gear.In his defence he did change his line well making it a more round track and running the corners high to keep his speed up,passed five after the poor start but the leader had checked out by that time.

Rules allow for upto 140 cc 4 stroke in his class and I've read most of what is on the net.Yes the xr's of today are the same as yesterdays accept electronic ign. since 94.
Like Joe said I just thought there might be a guru in this group,which I hold in higher regard than any other I participate in.

I have procurred an additional motor and I'm gonna try over bore and sleeve.Gonna try to straighten the intake tract a bit also and play with the cam timing.

I'd love to try ice riding we get out and tear up the snow anytime we get a bit here in Oklahoma.Sorry about your boys knee Mike,I know my back would be alot better if I'd never rode MX but when your young and bullet proof racing is such a rush.

Off to Tulsa to watch the Chili Bowl midget race next tuesday y'all be good

Munday
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2009 at 4:22pm
Funny thing is is he still thinks he is bullet proof. He is 16.
Young dumb and fulla c**

I had meant to reiterate Root's suggestion of Thumpertalk.com,   also, may be some stuff you could search out on www.crfsonly.com   strictly a Honda site.

M
Mike N

1968 Mustang

75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2009 at 10:14am
If I'd ever dreamed I'd live this long I woulda taken better care of myself...

Sean
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2009 at 11:37am
I broke my elbow on a bike, it bends only 90 degrees up and 45 degrees down, now I have tendenitis in my wrist because my hand hangs at night while i sleep...very uncomfortable.....back in the day when I broke it, the re-hab was to carry a paint can in hopes to straighten it out....it didnt
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 2:46pm
Good advice on Thumper talk.Learned alot after figuring out who knew and who was full of ship.

What we ended up with

Extra motor (we are in points chase we a 3 pt. lead)

Stroked crank
Big bore kit
Mega cycle cam
Super head
big carb but not to big
inner rotor ign (Basicly no fly wheel)
jemco down pipe

This set real runs well,almost to much for my kid,so I changed the cam timing a couple of degrees to move some of the power to the bottom

Hope all is good with your projects,barely holding on here in snow and ice.Come on summertime

Munday
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic