NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My new 2001 and my first!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 212223
Author
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 2:29am
Very nice work...

Dave
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 10:20am
you didnt put the optional ice maker in the cooler? nice job AKA, your the one guy i will remember about being timid about jumping into your project...you put your mind too it and look at the end result.
"the things you own will start to own you"
coach'80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coach'80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 7:22pm
boat looks great. i am getting there on my '80. what kind of tower is that on it?
1980 Ski new project
1994 Ski (sold)
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 8:21pm
The ice maker will be a winter project :)

Coach'80 it is a Skylon Tuna Tower.

I am not sure the difference in the 80s width compared to the 2001 models but it fit perfect. I didn't have to modify it all. I don't think they make it anymore but I really liked the way it conforms to the windshield. It came with all the other parts from the PO and was all wrapped up when I brought it home with the boat so I had no idea what kind it was and I got REALLY luck with it being the right size!
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 8:38pm
AK-

How fast does that thing go with the 330HP?

akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 1:43am
With the 4 Blade, I have had it up to 47 and it still had a little more. I haven't pushed it all the way yet. I will let you know once I get up the nerve to floor it!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 10:08am
Originally posted by akabulla akabulla wrote:

once I get up the nerve to floor it!

Huh?     

Rock on Joey!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 3:09pm
I am selling the extra parts I had from the boat. Critter has first dibs on the old swim platform but I have the entire dash assembly from the 82 including the speedos.

I also have the entire steering assembly not including the cable. The steering wheel hub is painted black.

I also have the original ski pole with the finger. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Just shoot me an email at tekcosta @ gmail.com if you are interested.

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 6:50pm
AKA,

How much do you want for the Hour Meter and how many hours does it show? Also, how much for one of the Airguides. All shipped to Denver ( Charlotte), NC at 28037.

Thanks,

Donald
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 7:42pm
E-Mail sent!
My Blue 82SOLD!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 11:27pm
E-Mail also sent.

Donald
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 11:58pm
I also have the 51" shaft that came from the 82! It is in really good shape. I also have 3 extra shaft seals.

I also have the original wide cradle that I think is the same as the 89 cradle.

It is the one on top in this picture:

I am not sure of prices for all this so just make me an offer!

Thanks!
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 3:53am
Originally posted by akabulla akabulla wrote:

Thought everyone would like to see her with the new decals on it. I think it looks pretty sweet!

Awsome job AKA

Well done.
Ronstar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 8:21am
That looks tops Chopper
93 Ski Nautique
07 210 Team
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 1:48am
That's Aka's boat. Not mine.

Maybe an evil twin.

Ronstar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 8:44am
I saw that mate. Same as yours only different decals. I like em both. Did you sell yours yet?
93 Ski Nautique
07 210 Team
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Ronstar Ronstar wrote:

Same as yours only different decals.
Not quite- Chopper has an '89, Aka has an '83.

Aka, you get a GPS on that thing yet? Im curious if youre flirting with 50. That Excal is good for 5200+, dont be afraid to push it.
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 1:27pm
Yea, Chopper's rig was my inspiration and motivation to get mine done.

I didn't believe it was a 2001 first time I saw it.

My original speedo is GPS driven now with the help from a hummingbird transmitter.

I know it is silly but I have been hesitant to push the engine all the way. I spent a lot of hours rebuilding her and the last thing I want to do is blow it up before I get in a full season.

She pulls really strong out of the water. Sometimes to strong depending on who is driving.

I have had it up to 48. I am going out tonight so I will push it all the way and let you know what I get out of her but I have the feeling it will top out right at 50.

Later!
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 8:36pm
Can't wait to hear the news!!
frantastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frantastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2009 at 12:06am
Way off track here... Sorry I just joined yesterday and I can't seem to Post a Question can anyone help if so please E-Mail me at fran4911@the-spa.com Sorry I know this is not where I should be but just looking for some help with my New "to Me" 75 Mustang... I Need Help. Thanks Frantastic
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 2:49am
Hey Aka,
Mate sent you an email thru the site.

Do you have an engine loom wiring diagram for the Excal that you could shoot through to me by any chance.?

Trying to work out what a couple of plugs are for om nime that appear to be "spare"

akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 2:17pm
I also emailed you through the site.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 10:15pm
Sent you an email. didn't recieve the site email.?

Just in case anyone else knows, I'm trying to figure out what these 2 harness plugs are for on the excalibur motor. They are above the g'box bellhousing near the main harness plug.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 212223
  Share Topic