NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

water front/ water access

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: water front/ water access
    Posted: January-22-2009 at 10:03pm
what is everyone seeing happening in their region?   I got a sold list for lake ossipee the other day and some properties ( all water front ) went from 750,000 sold for 350 or so.. 450s went for 275+ are there areas in the country not affected?
    .. Bruce if you see this I want to talk to you about long lake and sebago   what are some of the rock bottom water access selling for ? or even auction prices? they seem to list at 175-- 259
Peter
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2009 at 10:37pm
Peter, call me at 207-842-9030.

Maine real estate listings can be found at
mainelistings.com

Towns on Sebago Lake are Sebago, Naples, Casco, Raymond, Windham, Standish, & Frye Island.

Towns on Long Lake are Naples, Harrison, & Bridgton.

I'm an appraiser, not a broker so I don't sell real estate. I'd be happy to answer any questions from members of CCF.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2009 at 9:54am
how wouldve you liked to be one of the guy's that paid 750k for the same property
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2009 at 9:56am
I think the banks are coming up with new loans as we speak, it is a high interest negative equity loan, you can borrow up to 100 percent of your negative equity, the incentive with this loan is you dont have to pay it back lol, your tax dollars will
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2009 at 11:14am
As many know, the Michigan market is terrible. I've seen many lake front properties going for half of what they were bought for 5 years ago. I bought my cottage this past July for less than the lot would have gone for three years ago. My neighbor's son just bought a house on a nearby lake for 150K, that was bought for 350K a few years back.
I know it's a scary time, but for someone who has wanted to get property on the water, and can somehow swing it without high risk, this is a good time to be looking for that sweet deal, and they are out there. I've seen houses and cottages in my area go for prices that I didn't believe until I checked.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2009 at 11:38am
This is the time to buy. But it's a heard mentality. Nobody buys until everyone buys and then prices go up. This happened back in the 1990's. I remember a broker friend of mine venting his frustration over prices being so much lower than they were in the 1980's and interest rates being extremely low, but there was no interest in lake front property. Nothing was selling. That was the time to buy. Only a few years earlier the thinking was, "God's not making any more water front property so we better hurry up an buy it no matter what it costs".
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2009 at 11:40am
the old dollar aint worth what it used to be, thats why the Belgians purchased Budweiser, sorry Kris, not becasue of taste,
now the guy's with the money are sucking this stuff up, because it will in rebound 10 or so years, and your right Steve, if you can swing it, buy it.......
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2009 at 1:33pm
And yet the great state of Indiana raised my tax value by almost 40 grand for 08 starting less than 6 months after I closed on it. I sent them a letter requesting backup for thier decision but was ignored. Im getting pretty good at filing disputes with the county auditors on industrial properties, i may have to try it over there as well.

I work part time as Mayor for the village and industrial real estate is my livelyhood. I am constantly fighting with the auditors office to match values to sale prices and current sales. When values go up they are eager to reappraise and get the gains but oh so slow to make adjustments in the other direction....

Im a little fired up over taxes right now... the county auditor just sent me a 15% increase on an old building we have with an automotive supplier in it... I tend to disagree with their opinion...
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2009 at 1:08pm
i bought my lakefront house last year for 195K. the PO bought it in 2005 for 290K. and that was a year ago...definitely a good time to buy.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2009 at 1:18pm
eric bought it in 2010 for 65k, lol
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2009 at 3:13am
If you find any waterfront homes here in CA for 150K, let me know and I'll take 3.

4000 Sq foot water front homes in our community have dropped from about $1.5M to about $1.1 or $1.2. 2000 sq. ft homes were going for maype 800-900K and they probably dropped to the 600-700K range.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2009 at 11:39pm
Home prices in the Kansas City are were down about 17 percent last I heard.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 11:17am
what about Dorothy's place?
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 2:57pm
she's not in kansas anymore
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 4:30pm
Rick Dolan, check out the 2nd post.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic