Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Magicjack phone

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magicjack phone
    Posted: February-01-2009 at 12:09pm
I've just started researching this and wondered if anyone here is already using this?
Is it everything you expected? Any reason not to?

For anyone who doesn't know- you apparently plug your phone into a device that connects to a USB slot on your computer. All long distance calls are free. I don't think there is any name or number identification on the receiving end.
70 Mustang project
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 12:37pm
I would be able to return Kristof's phone calls lol,
I have not heard of it yet, but im sure its not highly publicized because of no $$$$$ made
"the things you own will start to own you"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 3:01pm
On their website, they say free calls in the US and Canada... Don't know if it works for Europe...
Magicjack phone
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

91nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 7:25pm
I had a friend bring one over to Australia recently to see if it would work.We were making and receiving calls from the US with perfect clarity.

Definatly try it Kristof, but I think you have to get one of the boys over there to send you one, the magicjack site only seems to accept a US posting address

jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 1:14pm
I have a friend using one and he says it works great and really helped his long distance bills.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 3:58pm
In that case... Eric and Mandy... get on it
I'll expect delivery on my desk by monday LOL
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 9:18pm
I'll bet it works as good as that magic putty,the shamwow,or those wire things you poke in your wall that holds 150 lbs. From the guys in the know I work with,even our IP based lines have trouble and customers are getting rid of them.I suppose the worst that could happen is you lose your $35
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic