NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Side Graphic Decals 1975-1987

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
JPirotte View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPirotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2009 at 11:47pm
Ok so if we want to paint can we get a gerber mask or can they painter stick them on paint the strip over them and then pull them off..if that makes sense?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 1:05pm
That does make sense, or you could paint the stripes sold and put a white decal over them.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
PubUltraStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PubUltraStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2009 at 3:20am
I am in the process of re-doing the vinyl on my 1986 2001. I started by taking pictures of the sides of my own boat and then recreating the logo in Adobe Illustrator as Vector art. I figured that this was a way to recreate the vinyl and have it match my current graphics exactly. I know that many of the users here like to restore their boats to the original. However, mine has a tower and many other customizations which I am too lazy to re-post here after the2001.com has been offline for a while now. I'm going to put Air Nautique on the boat, but in the original font and style.

Basically, A friend gave me his vinyl cutter and I have done a few test cuts as show below. I ordered some 3 Mil 5 year Vinyl and am waiting for spring to apply. Now I'm thinking that I should have ordered a thicker vinyl. Anyone have an opinion?

1986 Ski Nautique
JPirotte View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPirotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2009 at 4:39pm
Ok Keith hopefully the last question. How do we keep the gas over flow from ruining the new paint? When I had the vinyl graphics put on(big mistake) the gas just screwed it all up. Does the paint not have that issue of does it need to be re gelcoated afterwards?
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2009 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Keith,
     Your off on the years for painted graphics as they were painted (except for the pinstripes, and 2001 decal) up until at least 1984. So what exactly do you have available for the 82-84, all the stripes with the Ski Nautique cut out and in the stock tri color pattern? If so I got some serious wet sanding to do .. .

So they were painted on the 1984 boats or was 1983 the last year?
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2009 at 1:11am
84 was painted on. no decals

except for the us flag and correct craft 25years on the back of the boat
83Ski
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2009 at 1:25am
I would be interested in the graphics for my '89 Nautique
KC1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 5:58pm
I would like a set of these side and stern graphics for my 1976 ski tique. Who should I contact for color selection and ordering instructions?
New guy, old boat.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 2:29pm
Are these still available? I would like a 79 Ski stern........... Steve
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2009 at 10:48pm
Just wondering if the "Ski Nautique" lettering for the side of the hull is available for a 1981? Don't need the stripes, just the white lettering.

Thanks
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2009 at 8:27pm
Might as well start getting him ready to 1990 to 2000 - It won't be long before those requests start coming in.

Some newer plotter/cutters have ink jet capabilities. I don't know how durable and fade resistant they are. They could do multi color and effects.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 6:19pm
I have a 1982 and want to re paint mine.
I also have A vinyl cutter...
What style font is that ? Letter height ??

Thanks much
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Some newer plotter/cutters have ink jet capabilities. I don't know how durable and fade resistant they are. They could do multi color and effects.

They aren't. It's the reason my vinyl sign maker recommended to use the more expensive printing method when I had the "since 1925" decals made. 3M inks guaranteed for 7 full years in direct sun.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by BWG Announcer BWG Announcer wrote:

I have a 1982 and want to re paint mine.

Consider a re gel.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kevin fleming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin fleming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 11:11pm
I have a 1983 barefoot nautique can you make that sticker? Or do you have the font name?
Jess1978 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 11:53pm
Keith,

Please....... Can I get a set of these graphics I looked in the store but didn't see them there how can I get a set? And also what type of colors can I choose from?
80tiquefan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80tiquefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 1:40am
Any 1980 Ski Nautique decals available yet?
Jason Murray

1980SkiNautique
1993 Sport Nautique
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2011 at 10:40am
Hi Keith. Michael Giddings here, I would really like to talk with you about your graphics for the 1975 Ski Nautique. I am refurbishing mine and have no other source for the graphics that I can find. I am really excited to have found yours. My original graphics were painted on and were burgundy in color. Please e-mail me a way to contact you at mgiddings1@cfl.rr.com Or possibly contact me through CorrectCraftfan.com Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerly, Michael Giddings.
Michael
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2011 at 1:46am
Hi guys, this is Al Thomas, i am the one Keith mentioned about the 70's and 80's style hull decals. I fell off the planet after a bad divorce, and i am back. Don't know if someone else has reproduced these decals, but wanted to let Keith know i am available. I have the exact replacement hull decals in full sets. I am renegotiating prices, tough economy, will answer questions. Can send photos of done boats, i have been doing restorations for over 15 years. Mine are not photo generated, they were traced to exact size on tracing paper then digitized at my expense over 15 years. I was a Nautique Dealer. When you take your letters off there is a ghosting effect, that is why you need exact sizing or you will see the difference plain as day. Unless you comepletely re-gelcoat your boat. Keith, would love to hear from you. Thanks.
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2011 at 2:09am
Also wanted to let you know i have the decals under windshiels on late 80's boats on the deck. Also there has been questions of damage do to gas from the fuel vent. Decals are the best quality and are not damaged if wiped off soon. I fixed this problem by re-configuring the fuel vent hose to stop fuel from continually coming out, easily done, can explain. No drop shadow at this time, but am working on it. I assure you the decals look perfect even without the shadow. I have done plenty over the years, no complaints. IMHO Al
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2011 at 10:22am
Hi guys, mike888 here. I have been searching for some way to restore the graphics on my restoration project. I found al thomas through ccf.com. In my zeal to express my joy at finding some sort of answer, I have appeared to some members to be advertising for someone, or something. Please note that this is NOT the case. I found one possible solution to a problem that I have been researching on ccf.com rather publicly. I would love to paint the graphics per the purity of the restoration if some one can offer an appropriate template. Otherwise I will use whatever is currently available.
To anyone I may have offended, my sincere apology. pull hard y'all.
Michael
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2011 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Mike888 Mike888 wrote:

I would love to paint the graphics per the purity of the restoration if some one can offer an appropriate template.

I would imagine that if someone can cut the graphics out of vinyl, it wouldnt be any harder for them to cut out the inverse for a template to paint. Might be worth asking the question.
80tiquefan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80tiquefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 1:40am
Al, Have you made any decals & stripes yet for the 1980 Ski Nautique? I'm in the market for a set.   
Jason Murray

1980SkiNautique
1993 Sport Nautique
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 3:46am
[QUOTE=8122pbrainard]

Yes, The PO had them made in vinyl by a guy who did mostly truck trailers. Regrettably he went under before the PO could get the file from him. I must say for not being original (not paint) that it does look very good.

No comment
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 3:59am
Originally posted by 80tiquefan 80tiquefan wrote:

Al, Have you made any decals & stripes yet for the 1980 Ski Nautique? I'm in the market for a set.   

Not at this time, ( original ) but if i get a big enough need.... i will try. I had a 80 SNK way back when, blue, what a good looking boat. Alot of memories. Thanks for your interest.   
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 10:28am
Originally posted by doubleup doubleup wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Yes, The PO had them made in vinyl by a guy who did mostly truck trailers. Regrettably he went under before the PO could get the file from him. I must say for not being original (not paint) that it does look very good.

No comment

LOL, I was wondering how long it would take before someone brought that up!

80tique, have you checked the reference section? Alan supplied the file that he used to repaint the graphics on his '81, which is available to download. You may need to mask the stripes yourself with tape.
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 11:26am
Good morning all. I have been reading the response posts to my humble inquiry as to the availability of graphics for our style of vessels. Over the few weeks I have been doing this I have observed some rather disturbing trends. The obvious vehemence by some members toward anything but the purist approach is disheartening. I joined this site in the hopes of finding people of similar taste and culture. In some I see that, in others just public petty bickering.
My intention was never to spawn this style of dialog, but to find a resource for restoring my boat. This project of mine has been going on both in my mind and in reality for quite some time. Back when Southeast Correct Craft was still in Pine Castle, I was talking with Woody about these graphics for my boat. His knowledge of these vessels is extensive. The factory does not support these graphics. Some one in an earlier post mentioned the asian painters. He is exactly correct. These folks painted these graphics almost by free hand.
Having said all of this, I wish to thank the people who have responded with positive feedback on this subject. I have new insite of what can be done with the new resources herein discussed. Thanks. Pull Hard Y'all
Michael
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Mike888 Mike888 wrote:

The obvious vehemence by some members toward anything but the purist approach is disheartening. I joined this site in the hopes of finding people of similar taste and culture. In some I see that, in others just public petty bickering.

As far as the purist approach goes, I figure if you dont find someone here who voices a "keep it original" opinion, youre not going to find one anywhere. No one cares more for these boats that we do- and many feel that theyre the best in their original form. You'll notice that the longer someone has been around these boats, the more likely they are to appreciate originality vs. individuality... we've seen it over and over. Its not an opinion that should be easily dismissed- but of course its your boat so youre welcome do to whatever you want!

As far as the bickering goes, have you ever been to a family reunion? Think of it the same way. This site has spawned countless personal get togethers between members, I know Ive made many great personal friends here. Thus, its not uncommon for formalities to be tossed by the wayside... which is not always a bad thing.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

As far as the bickering goes, have you ever been to a family reunion? Think of it the same way. This site has spawned countless personal get togethers between members, I know Ive made many great personal friends here. Thus, its not uncommon for formalities to be tossed by the wayside... which is not always a bad thing.

Yea Timmy's like my Brotha from Another Motha and Hollywood is like my Cousin Eddie

Welcome back Al, wrapped one of those up myself back in July, only took 5.9 years, WTF, happy to have that (and her) behind me!

Regarding the decals, It certainly sounds like having the digital artwork is more then half the battle, perhaps these graphic packages should be made available/listed in either scenario whenever possible, "Vinyl Decals" or "Gerber (Paint) Mask", leaves the choice where it should then be, in the owners hands.
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Welcome back Al, wrapped one of those up myself back in July, only took 5.9 years, WTF, happy to have that (and her) behind me!

Thanks, it is something you will never understand unless you are in the club, we have the t-shirt now don't we. Thanks i appreciate it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic