NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NC Get together

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NC Get together
    Posted: February-03-2009 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

What about NC or somewhere down there, sort of central for everybody?

Originally posted by rithmetic man rithmetic man wrote:

My son lives on Lake Tillery if you ever get that way. If you have never been to the sandbar there in mid summer you have a free offer.

OK, Ive been thinking about this for while now. Seems there are a ton of members around central NC, which is just screaming out for a get together. I'm going to be in the area for a couple weeks this summer. I thought we might have the perfect set up for a get together, but despite a compelling argument to the neighborhood association for a CCFan "function", they won't allow any outside boats on the lake. I thought our central location (norman 2 hrs, new hill 1 hour, raleigh 1 hr, southern pines 10 min, albermarle, 40 min...) Anyway, rithmitic man mentioned Tillery, equally centrally located...and, apparently it has a sand bar...we like sand bars. Is this worth thinking about. I would love to make it, but I am only good for one weekend, best I can tell now...July 11 or 12. I realize thats the week before GL, which I am guessing impacts reid and maybe critter(?).

Think this is worth trying to make happen? Seems like we have several new central NC folks here.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2009 at 11:24pm
I would be able to haul a boat to Tillery or Norman for a weekend. We have Lake Jordan and Falls Lake, each with campgrounds, here near Raleigh.
Not sure what day Reid is planning on leaving for GL but the weekend before could be a nice boat check-up. Really any reason to get the hull wet works for me.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2009 at 3:19am
Lake Tillery is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But Reid could probably put something together on Lake Norman that would be talked about for years!!

PC
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2009 at 9:31am
Lake Norman would be a great place. Is there a state park or campground on it that would accomadate a lot of people? Maybe a date not so close to one of the reunions would draw more people.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 12:45am
Larry: F-L-O-R-I-D-A...got it?...c'mon and see me and Eddie.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 1:14am
We could all pitch tents in Reids yard.
I would think that there is space for 15 or 20 campsites. We could do like the wagon trains did and circle the tents.

I checked campsites listed online but none seem to be really close to Reids. The State Park up near Troutman, NC looks good. Who knows, Reid and Laurie might even stay at the campground with all of us.

Another plus is that no one would have to pull a boat... Reid has enough for everybody.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 10:59am
Threadjack
Any of you NC guys near a town called Advance? There's a low hours BFN for sale that I'm somewhat interested in.
'88 BFN
Thanks,
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2009 at 11:49pm
REUNION----I'm here in High Point,NC guys.Oak Hollow Lake off Hwy68 was the place for the NCNOA Meets for 3 years. They have the campground on the lake.I've been thinking about this for a couple years now.Everyone chime in on some dates and I'll get the area above the dam where the Boat Races and Boat Drags are held and I will cook for everyone! I won't be able to do what the NCNOA guys did but really would enjoy this! Chime in with those dates and we'll go from there. Thanks CCFans,Later, Marty
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2009 at 11:57pm
Steve,
I am 2 hrs from Advance but my sister is only about 30 mins away. She has owned boats and would have a good opinion.
You want me to ask her to have a look at it and to get pictures ?
She could also check stingers....

Roger
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2009 at 12:00am
Marty, I used to ski on Oak Hollow back in the 70s. Lived in Kernersville.

I thought that I remember them limiting power boats to 10 (had to get a flag) and then restricting them all together.
Has that changed ?
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2009 at 12:03am
No limit on the # of Boats on the lake ,just 10 flags out for Skiing,etc.
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2009 at 12:13am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Threadjack
Any of you NC guys near a town called Advance? There's a low hours BFN for sale that I'm somewhat interested in.
'88 BFN
Thanks,
Steve

Steve, I too, am about 45 min. from Advance, let us know what you want to do. Marty
66 Skylark
93 SN
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2009 at 5:07am
Everybody needs a little time away Even lovers need a holiday, far away from each other.Lyrics from Hard to Say Im Sorry, by Chicago

Going separate ways as a couple is often read as a prelude to separation (which has its own pressures), but it doesnt have to be. In fact, many experts agree that taking separate vacations as a couple, within certain guidelines, can actually help to enhance the relationship and allow each partner to keep it in perspective.

There are rules for making separate vacations work, however. Ruth Peters, who has written extensively on family dynamics and is a contributor to the Today show on NBC, believes that separate vacations should be an addition to our lives, not an escape. Remember, too, that one size does not fit all. Many couples consider separate vacations vital to their relationships success, whereas others wouldnt dream of enjoying themselves apart. You and your partner might have no interest in the idea, but if taking separate vacations sounds like it might work for you, consider these tips to maximize pleasure and minimize guilt.
wow gold
Keep Communication Lines Open

Agree about the ground rules for communication before you leave on your trip. Schedule a set time to check in and assure your partner that youre okay, tell him that you miss him, and fill him in on what youre doing while youre away. You dont have to give him an itemized listthis is about your individuality, after allbut you should provide just enough details to make him feel like hes in the loop and on your mind.
wotlk gold
If this is the first time youre proposing to fly solo, make sure your partner understands your reasons for doing so. If he or she expresses fears of infidelity or dissatisfaction with the relationship on your part, then you might consider spending your vacation money on couples counseling instead; partnerships are built on trust and that trust should be strong enough to weather periods when youre not in each others physical space.

A successful monogamous relationship shouldnt mean giving up who you are or your independent activities, says Dr. Peters. A successful marriage or monogamous relationship does entail the willingness to make some sacrifices in order to accommodate the other person.

Tell your partner that you just need some time for yourself and encourage him to do the same. Listen to his concerns and help him understand that your decision has nothing to do with the relationship. Youre not separating yourself from him; youre just trying to schedule some quality time with an old friendyourself.

$peaking of $pending ...
wow gold
In the current economic climate, most families have trouble eking out just one vacation a year, let alone one per partner. Be realistic about how you can allocate resources for your time away. Will your partner be able to do the same? Can you take money from somewhere else in your budget to help pay for your trip? Can you find some alone time in a way that is less expensive? For example, could you spend one day at a spa rather than a weeklong cruise? Also consider setting up separate savings accounts for your separate vacations. That way, you and your partner each have the responsibility of paying for your own trips and you can avoid some of the resentment that inevitably arises when one of you is sipping Mai Tais on the beach in Malibu while the other is working.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic