NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ebay or Craigs list?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ebay or Craigs list?
    Posted: February-21-2009 at 11:51am
I'm trying to find the post and link someone provided to the sale of a bunch of old deck hardware. I seem to remember it had flat glass windshield brackets that looked like the type Correct Craft used in the 40's and early 50's. I did a search and couldn't find it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 4:53am
Isnt it in someones resto thread? Who was goin to repop the step pads?
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 11:23am
Pete
I'll bet Doc's looking for that post to! That post is vaguely familiar, but you know how that goes.
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Brady Brady wrote:

Pete
I'll bet Doc's looking for that post to!

Chuck,
Actually I'm looking for him! Right now he's having fun tinkering and familiarizing himself (again -it's bringing back memories!) with the engine. Lots of little things like where's the dip stick!

The thought is that the engine hasn't been run since it was rebuilt and put back in the boat so there are some small issues - like the choke cable bracket was on the wrong carb!

I did get some info on the engine and passed it on. The Gray 112 is a "Phantom" series which was there "hot" engine before the Fireballs. High compression and lighter flywheel got it up 115Hp at a red line of 3600!!!! (the standard would be 3200) Premium gas is needed - the manual even refers to it as "Ethel"!

BTW, JD thinks he has the brochure on the Dart!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 3:33pm
Has Billy had the boat in the water and running or is he working on it on the trailer?
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 3:54pm
No he has not had it near the water yet... Still trying to figure this antique out. Lottsa stuff in here that don't look right.
The motor is in "BACKARKS", there are only three fill caps on the battery and they purposely hid the oil dipstick to further confuse me.
Lot to learn about "OLD SCHOOL" marine design from the 1940's. I am just amazed at how little I know, but this will change.
Kinda feel like Gregg the first time he opened up his big block, now after several hours of R&R he has a well deserved Tee Shirt.
It reads "BEEN THERE / DONE THAT" Hope to earn mine soon........
Just got the old girl firing and will soon see if she will do more than spin and spark.What a "HOOT" ........Boat dr
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 7:18pm
Pete,
How did you get to JD, Carrier Pigeon? Can you Email me his phone # as I'm going back to 3 LKS tomorrow.

Doc that looks to be a fun project! Good luck with it.

Mark when are going up next?
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Lot to learn about "OLD SCHOOL" marine design from the 1940's. I am just amazed at how little I know, but this will change.

Life's a journey for sure Boat Dr.

I got a hunch you'll have that boat running better than it was in 1949.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 8:40pm
I like the upside down carbs, and the raw water pump looks like it driven off of the generator. Is it 6 volt?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 9:53pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2009 at 6:04pm
There was a guy on e bay that had several sets of new old stock side brackets but no centers.I'll see if I saved anything from that he wasn't having any luck on ebay and had about 20 sets nos

Bob
If the only tool you have is a hammer,everything starts to look like a nail.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 11:44am
Billy,
Get in touch with Bob (munday)

Be carefull with the available reproductions as they are made for the Chris Crafts, etc.
Correct Craft used brackets that I've rarely seen on other boats. We need to look at pictures very carfully. As long as you're doing it, there's no sence in getting brackets that aren't appropriate.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 12:15pm
diary pictures

more

again

You'll notice that the side brackets sweep aft quite alot and have the rather long gusset.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic