NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TaylorMade Windsheild W/Wind Wings

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TaylorMade Windsheild W/Wind Wings
    Posted: March-02-2009 at 2:25am
I have a brand new Taylor Made windshield that fits the earlier CC boats.
It is the same that fits a 1964 American Skier. These are now out of production.
There is also a complete pair of windwings that will be sold only with the WShield.
This was a replacement on the new boat I just bought, 1949 CC Dart, and I am trying to find the original brackets to bring her back to the OEM look .
These parts will go to the highest bidder..
                      Boat dr 1-318-386-2825

THIS ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2009 at 9:59am
I'd like to add that besides the American Skier, it's the correct windshield for the 60's Mustang and Skylark that had the curved plexi type.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dhaas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2009 at 10:28pm
Is this the correct windshield for a 1965 Barracuda. is this the complete frame and glass or just the glass parts, Thanks Dan
1965CudaSS
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2009 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by dhaas dhaas wrote:

Is this the correct windshield for a 1965 Barracuda. is this the complete frame and glass or just the glass parts, Thanks Dan

Dan, First off.. Welcome!

The w.shield Billy has is a one pc plexi. I dont think it's the right one for your cuda. I think most cuda's had a two pc glass windshield, and the SS Im sure did.

Ive got a 66SS and a 68 "plain" cuda, both have the two pc ones.   This is a pic of my 68 cuda when I first bought it.

]

The glass - two pc windsields are not available new, and are pretty hard to find. Might have to watch for a parts boat. Do you have anything on yours now?

BTW, what state is the Galesburg you live in located?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 12:58pm
Ive seen several Cuda's (including SS versions) with the 1-piece windshields. I dont think CC was consistent with their windshield use at that point.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 1:42pm
Tim,
Again,Im not sure on the standard cudas, but the literature shows the safety glass windshield as standard on the SS models.

Note: under standard features....

Lots of times gone by... maybe they"ve replaced damaged originals with one piecers in the 40 plus years?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 1:47pm
Just about every Barracuda I ever saw had the split or deluxe windshield. Who knows the history of the Barracudas with the one piece winshields, could be a replacement. The Barracuda was one of their high end boats. Split windshields were an upgrade on the Mustangs and Skylarks.

We owned our Barracuda from 1970 to 1980 and never let people walk on the deck for fear of them slipping and breaking the windshield because the glass was not availble even back then.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Tim,
Again,Im not sure on the standard cudas, but the literature shows the safety glass windshield as standard on the SS models.

Steve, Im not following- does it say 2 piece windshield anywhere? My 1-piecers use the safety glass as well.

FYI that Barracuda I posted above is an SS. There was nothing to indicate that the windshield had ever been replaced. Maybe CC outfitted *most* of them a certain way- but Ive yet to find something that they were 100% consistent with during that time period.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Tim,

Steve, Im not following- does it say 2 piece windshield anywhere? My 1-piecers use the safety glass as well.

FYI that Barracuda I posted above is an SS. There was nothing to indicate that the windshield had ever been replaced. Maybe CC outfitted *most* of them a certain way- but Ive yet to find something that they were 100% consistent with during that time period.

Tim,
I agree 100% that there can be (and usually are) some inconsistancies in the early CC's.
   Is the windshield in the your pic glass, and not plexi? I had always assumed the one pc'rs were plexi, and the glass were 2 pc?

If they actually had one piece glass ones, why would they ever mess with the split ones?

Im confused!????? maybe we should start a new "winter" topic in the general area to get more input from Pete, Reid, the Godfather, etc?
   Now, I'm really curious ...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 7:33pm
Steve, I cant be sure what material that SS windshield was- its been several years since I saw that boat. I want to say that my inca gold Skier has a glass windshild and that the yellow/red one has a plexi- but Im not 100% on that. I wouldnt put it past Correct Craft to call the plastic windshield "Safety Glass" though. As far as why they used both the one and 2 pieced windshields, who knows- maybe Taylor gave them a deal on both types.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 8:59pm
The split windshield was an upgrade on the Mustangs and Skylark. They were low end boats. The Barracuda was a much nicer boat and came standard with the split windshield, real plush interior panels, all of the deck hardware and had the nicer steering wheel. The step plate and chocks were even options on the Mustangs and Skylarks, at least in the early years.

Our Mustang has a lot of options. Kind of strange why they cheaped out on the engine, but went for the options.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 9:35pm
You can't go by pictures in the brochure either
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/1968_brochure/index.asp?page=04

Here in the standard Mustang brochure they show the 2 piece,but in the spec's it says plexiglass.Then in the SS brochure it shows one boat with the plexiglass and a close up of the glass one and it says tempered glass in the features
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/1968_brochure/index.asp?page=04
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
dhaas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 11:24pm
62 wood, thanks for reply. Galesburg is located in Illinois. I do have a very nice windshield now and it is a two piece. I do not have the vents and thought a spare would be good if it were the same. Also chrome posts could us a rechrome, does anyone know of a good shop for boat parts to be replated. Dan
1965CudaSS
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2009 at 12:45am
Dan,
   Illinois!... Thats what I was wondering.. I live in Sterling...

How long you owned the boat? Got any pics?

We have a place in town here,Quality Plating, that has done some chroming for me, pretty reasonable and decent work... heres a        link to his website.

Where do you run the boat?   Drop me a line if you get a chance...   kten72@yahoo.com

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
dhaas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2009 at 1:04am
Steve, I just picked up boat in oct. I went down to Fla to pick it up. It is all original but has set for 10 years. I have pulled engine and have got it running very nice. It has 65 psi oil presser and good even compresson. Velvet drive has nice clean fluid and seems to work properly. Total time is 700 Hr. I will be getting into the stringer rework and gell coat this spring. I do have pics I will be putting together at a later time. I will get in touch with e-mail soon . Thanks again Dan
1965CudaSS
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2009 at 1:14am
Dan,
    How did you find the boat?

Your cuda still have the old 318 poly?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
dhaas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2009 at 4:15pm
Steve I found it on e-bay, my bid did not meet reserve but he contacted me with a counter offer I could not turn down. It is also still listed here on diaries. It does have the Poly 318. Didn't know much about them but sure are learning.
1965CudaSS
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2009 at 11:10pm
Steve or any one, how come so many Barracudas have Chryslers in them? Can't just be because of the name Barracuda can it?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
dhaas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2009 at 12:29am
Gary, Correct Craft in the 60's had theme boats of the automotive muscle cars. They did use chrysler in the Barracudas and Ford in the Mustangs and Buick in the skylarks. There may be more that other members can tell you about. Dan
1965CudaSS
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2009 at 12:51am
Too bad then that there were no 429 Mustangs or Hemi Barracudas.How about a Grand National Skylark?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2009 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Too bad then that there were no 429 Mustangs or Hemi Barracudas.How about a Grand National Skylark?

Gary,
Dan and my cuda SS' have the old 318 Poly....affectionately called the semi-hemi...   close enough?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2009 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Steve or any one, how come so many Barracudas have Chryslers in them? Can't just be because of the name Barracuda can it?

Gary,
It was a time when lots of the marinizers of engines had dropped out and Chrysler was about it. To name a couple, Interceptor stopped doing the Fords (68-69?)and Gray who did the AMC's had gone under before that (64-65?). Then H/M came along and started doing the Fords again about the same time OMC did the GM's. There are a surprising amount of late 60's Mustangs running with 318's.

Edit: How did we turn Billy's wanting to sell his windshield into one talking about engines??? Lets let it get back to Billy's sale !!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2009 at 12:14am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

THIS ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD

Pete,
Looks like Billy sold the glass already... now if we can get back to the matter at hand...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic