NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Southwest CCF Reunion - June 11th-15th!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Anthony,

Yes the reference was taken off for reasons of responcibilities this year. The back of the shirt willl have the Texas/boat pic from the flyer and the front may likely have a sponsors logo. The XS is not a problem, I'll make a note of it.

Ryan,
While I think the shirt logo is fantastic and a lot of work has been put into it, I don't get the part where the CCF reference has been removed.

Afterall, This thread started as a Southeast CCfan reunion, and continues to pull interest off the site.

We started Green Lake with the intention of getting together other CCF members together for an outting. We put it together from scratch with self promoted sponsors just like you, yet always referenced the site as the lead in to the gathering..

I'm sure I'm missing something and making assumptions in my mind that I shouldn't do.. Just doesn't seem tied in at all and very self promoted. Doesn't sound like you want this gathering to become an official 3rd or 4th location for CCFaners to want to sign up for in the future..??

Maybe you can help me and I'm sure others understand what the scoop is? Frankly, I don't see a lot of vetran CCF members lining up to come to Texas (which I think is an awesome place in the Spring to hold a CCFan reunion) I'm wondering why?? Are you going to have a registration page etc??

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 8:45pm
Dave,
Those are all excellent questions and I will try to answer them all as follows, but first let me give you some background.

When this thread and the idea of doing the event really started picking up momentum it was decided to make an event shirt would be a good idea. Shortley after that time I had spoken with Keith with questions and ideas that he may have in regards to having a succesful and exciting event somewhat like the one you have had in the past. Keith was very nice and more than willing to to help us, however because this evolved so quickly and because I did not involve Keith soon enough, he could not put commit the "full support" of the site behind it.

Now, let me go into detail. It is not as if Keith did not want to help us; but with all the time and energy it takes to maintain this site and time he had previously committed to two other "official" events, he could not take on another event in the manner he has in the past. In addition, Keith as owner of the website(LLC) has a responcibility to the sponsors and the companies that advertise here at the site; with that being said, he could not commit the website or himself this year to the event. Next "will likely" be an official event with a good responce this year. Keith is still supporting us as he can. I hope this explains the lack of the website logo.

Dave, you are correct in your assumption. There is no question that Texas should be the official 3rd or 4th spot. It is centrally located to other members and there is one the if not the greatest concentration of CC owners in the nation! The weather is great and the water is warm. Correct Craft actually had in the past an annual owners reunion here in South Texas, so it's only a perfect fit.

I cannot think why any vetran members or any members would not "line up to attend", but I would encourage all to do so. As far as the registration page goes, that is something I think Keith or another administrator will have to help with.
I hope this answers your questions, and eases any concerns.

Ryan
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2009 at 12:47am
Ryan,

GL06' was completely put together without Keith's help and involvement, yet is was the first annual, first run "CCFan Members" Reunion, not Correct Craft Owners reunion.

I hope it all works out and you have a great event, but if you're going all the way to create a T-shirt, you are missing the big picture, and should remember why your SW reunion has gained in quick popularity.

That's all I'll comment about the subject. Thanks for your explaination...

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2009 at 3:05am
Understand

You should try to attend, airfare should be mininmal?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2009 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

GL06' was completely put together without Keith's help and involvement, yet is was the first annual, first run "CCFan Members" Reunion, not Correct Craft Owners reunion.

And now there is a waiver. ???

What's up Dave? The river run wasn't anything "ccfan official" either.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2009 at 4:04pm
Hey HW....

No big deal......

Remember, the river run wasn't started as a "reunion", as the name of this thread suggests. To pull the CCFan logo off the shirts because of Keith's "non" involvement is silly, that's all..

Hell, it's all good. People getting together, sharing good times while boating in their "N's" is great...

Billy did paid homage to the site on his "rat" shirts.........

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2009 at 5:03pm
I just don't know that SN206 decided to pull anything "CCF" off the logo because Keith wasn't officially supporting it. The details of their conversation(s) are a little vague. Lots of things going on with the site lately, not necessarily trying to blame anyone for anything.

Drink some beers and get your shafts wet, hell yeah... then post up the pics of those Texan women thanks!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2009 at 2:49am
There's no conspiracy theory or malice intentions, it's all good. Keith is just stretched thin, in fact he has offered to send some goodies for the attendees! Shirts were ordered today too! Thanks again Alan.

-Ryan
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2009 at 11:30pm
Guy's, how come no one is talking anymore about this get together?

And how many CCF members are in Texas?

Just look's dead in here...
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2009 at 12:35am
Dave are you going to make it?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2009 at 12:47am
Ryan, I'm sorry to say that I can not make it.

My budget is getting a little lite, have to sell more cars..

Just got back in the country on a 3 week vacation in April to Laos and I just bought a boat.

I think the timing for me is why I can not attend.

I would have loved to see all the people in Texas.

I wish you well on the weekend turn out.

Dave
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2009 at 4:42pm
Dave,
Sorry to hear that, I will forward that on to Jim and Jane.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2009 at 1:39am
Ryan, I have contacted the Buxton's already.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2009 at 9:54pm
For those of you who are planning on attending please take a moment to post your names and the number in your party. After doing so, please use the "quote function" and copy the persons' name(s) that were ahead of you so that we can have somewhat of a running tally. Thanks Again.

-Ryan
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 4:30am

For those of you who are planning on attending please take a moment to post your names and the number in your party.

Anthony Lizardi - 3 people (Fri, Sat, Sun)
kman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 1:52pm
Kirk Stateson - 2 humans (Sat, Sun)

Now a brief word about this event. It is obvious we all love the CCF. Keith does a wonderful job and it blows away other boat sites. He also likes to do things right, so it was agreed that this should be an "unofficial" gathering to gauge the interest for future events. We need to not focus on the "name" of the event this year and have a big turn-out! It is obvious that this event was generated from CCF members and CCF will be advertised at the event on a banner as well as word of mouth to people who are unaware. Bottom line: This is our chance to show the CCF that the SW region has enough interest and boats to support a real annual event. So, please sign up and attend. And if you can't attend this year, at least tell us that you are interested in future events so we can have a potential count to report back to Keith. I would be shocked to find out we have fewer CC boats in our region than up North where the polar bears live. We also have a ton of lakes to choose from (Lake Travis-Austin, Possum Kingdom-TX, Eagle Mountain Lake-TX, Ray Roberts-TX, Lake Murray-OK, Broken Bow-OK, etc.) Gone...
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Eagle Mountain Lake Fort Worth
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 5:02pm
Anthony Lizardi - 3 people (Fri, Sat, Sun)[/QUOTE]

Ryan Robinetee - 1 boat 4 persons

clfewell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clfewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 5:38pm
Anthony Lizardi - 3 people (Fri, Sat, Sun)[/QUOTE]

Clint Fewell - 1 Boat 4-6 People 3 Shirts 1XXL 2 Med
itsmenotu
clfewell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clfewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by kman kman wrote:

Now a brief word about this event. It is obvious we all love the CCF. Keith does a wonderful job and it blows away other boat sites. He also likes to do things right, so it was agreed that this should be an "unofficial" gathering to gauge the interest for future events. We need to not focus on the "name" of the event this year and have a big turn-out! It is obvious that this event was generated from CCF members and CCF will be advertised at the event on a banner as well as word of mouth to people who are unaware. Bottom line: This is our chance to show the CCF that the SW region has enough interest and boats to support a real annual event. So, please sign up and attend. And if you can't attend this year, at least tell us that you are interested in future events so we can have a potential count to report back to Keith. I would be shocked to find out we have fewer CC boats in our region than up North where the polar bears live. We also have a ton of lakes to choose from (Lake Travis-Austin, Possum Kingdom-TX, Eagle Mountain Lake-TX, Ray Roberts-TX, Lake Murray-OK, Broken Bow-OK, etc.) Gone...

We also have Ceader Creek Over in Mabank will be easier for residents of Louisiana and Arkansas to Attened???
itsmenotu
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 6:42pm
According to the Diaries there are 132 Correct Crafts in Texas. You definitely have the population, just don't seem to be a lot participating in the forums. It might take a few gatherings to spread the word and show how much fun these "get togethers" are.

This owner is a FAN, Godfather should get back in touch with Eddie.

1982 Ski Nautique with a story near Dallas

"dans" total makeover 82 SN, used to post regularly, smokin' hot girlfriend too.

Gotta have some more orange

72 promo possibly somewhere in restoration

To those lurking I left out, nice boats just didn't catch my eye.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 7:45pm
Nice research "Wood"! But I'm starting to see a trend hear. Kinda like I gota thing for blondes
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 7:46pm
Guys,

I was really looking forward to this but my wife has planned our summer vacation over the same weekend. It was an accident on her part. Have fun. I will be at next years!!
83Ski
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2009 at 1:00am

Clint Fewell - 1 Boat 4-6 People 3 Shirts
1XXL 2 Med

James Clifton - 1 Boat 3 persons
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2009 at 3:16am

1XXL 2 Med

Jeremy Duskin - 2 persons

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2009 at 5:55pm

1XXL 2 Med

Billy Farrell - 1 person, 1 boat
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2009 at 6:59pm
I've been asked to revisit the accomadation information by a couple of persons.

Lake Lewisville is located minutes north from Dallas/Fort Worth and is just off of I-35. It will be easily reached as there are many major highway arteries that will lead you there. There is an abundance of camping/RV locations as well as many restaurants, bars, and hotels. Local venues include Texas Ranger baseball, Six Flags, horse racing, and shopping for the land-lovers.
Lake Lewisville Party Cove will entertain us. There are two big restaurants, Sneaky Petes and "Charlies". The lake is fairly big. Maps of campgrounds and ramps are available.
Sneaky Pete's could easily host a days/nights worth and would seem like and ideal location(plenty of dock space, a pool, bar, sand court volleyball, restaurant, and a separate reception room w/ private access.                               
Public Marinas Name Location Phone Number
Eagle Point Lewisville 972-436-6561
Lakeview Lake Dallas 940-321-2675
Cottonwood Creek Little Elm 972-292-1100
Pier 121 Lewisville 972-625-2233
Camping reservations can again be made at www.recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.

You can go to the following site and find all the lake levels in the area.http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/fish.htm

Residence Inn Dallas Lewisville conveniently located 12 miles from DFW Airport and within walking distance of Vista Ridge Mall.
755 Vista Ridge Mall Drive
Lewisville, $129.99

Country Inn & Suites Lewisville
755 B Vista Ridge Mall Drive
Lewisville, $71.10

Courtyard - Dallas Lewisville is conveniently located 12 miles from DFW Airport. The Courtyard is within walking distance of Vista Ridge Mall.
2701 Lake Vista Drive
Lewisville, TX $124.99    

Hampton Inn Lewisville
885 South Stemmons Fwy.
Lewisville, TXAmenities:More Info Map It
$94.00    

Holiday Inn Express Lewisville The Holiday Inn Express, Dallas- Lewisville is 2 blocks from Vista Ridge Mall and 4 miles from Grapevine Mills Mall and Bass Pro Outdoor World.
780 East Vista Ridge Mall Drive
Lewisville, TX $95.00

La Quinta Inn Dallas Lewisville The La Quinta Inn Dallas Lewisville is centrally located just minutes north of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, not far from massive Lake Lewisville.
1657 S Stemmons Freeway
Lewisville, TX $55.00    

Best Western Inn & Suites Lewisville.
330 E. Corporate Drive
Lewisville, TXAmenities:More Info Map It
$65.69

Comfort Suites Lewisville This Lewisville, TX hotel is an all-suite property
755 A Vista Ridge Mall Dr.
Lewisville, TX $79.99    

Here is a great link I found with detailed up to the minute information including water depths, weather information and marina information.

Detailed Lake Lewisville info
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2009 at 6:26pm
Ryan,

You've provided a ton of great information for those trying to get into Lewisville. Just wanted to wish you guys a safe fun time meeting each other out on your CC's.. Hopefully more people lurking will suprise you and come out to enjoy the weekend... Look forward to some pics of the event!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2009 at 7:00pm
Thanks Dave! Regardless of the turn-out, I think this is going to be alot of fun. I bought a new HD video camara for the occasion so I'm sure there will some good pics and vids of the event.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2009 at 7:41pm

I bought a new HD video camara for the occasion so I'm sure there will some good pics and vids of the event.

And by "event" you mean party cove right? GREAT!
vondy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2009 at 1:06am

1XXL 2 Med

Billy Farrell - 1 person, 1 boat

We Hopefully will be there...
David Vondenstein - 1 Boat, 2-4 people (Sat and or Sun)

Is there an official spot yet where we are meeting/hanging out?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
  Share Topic