NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

5.8 HO Pro boss GT-40?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2009 at 10:21pm
if i post pics there will be teary eyes, but i will and its commited to you
"the things you own will start to own you"
chessloveedit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessloveedit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 9:19pm
I am foaming at the mouth for those pics eric.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 10:47am

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 10:47am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 10:48am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 10:49am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 10:59am
you better hurry the number 2 keeps popping in my head
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessloveedit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 11:38am
Hey eric. This looks pretty good. Is that last pic of a removed drain plug? If you would call me when you are free 785.312.0351 I have a couple of easy questions. I understand its the weekend and I can wait till monday. thanks man
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 11:42am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

usually if you lift the engine box it will be under there

So THATs what is makin' all that noise under there?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 12:00pm
no, its a pic of 3 slashes for gt-40
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 12:55pm
p
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 2:35pm
Hey Eric,

I was looking in the backround of the pic's and didn't see what I was looking for.

Where's the pic's I want to see!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 3:14pm
look under off topic, black tuxedo
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessloveedit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 4:02pm
what kind/size prop would you recomend for this gt40?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 7:46pm
tr benj will help you with that
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 6:44pm
1442 acme....
Eric nice rig but I have to pass...Customs legislation burocracy prohibits the import of used engines....I tried with some forwarder and they all gave me the same answer....
No doubts I would have consider it in case of possible.. Much easier and cheaper than my ongoing rebuilt that so far I spent 2.2k in parts FOB....add to that 1k in shipping and import duties and another 1k on some labor and machining.....so I have almost 5k... New engine here ready to drop in sells here for 10-12k..
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 8:48pm
chesslove, the prop for this engine will depend on what transmision you install and cleareance between the tapper/hull
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessloveedit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2009 at 1:16am
thanks guys. Im planning on acme 541 or 543. I am using the velvet drive 1:1 just reversed. Thanks for the help guys
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 6:27pm
The engine came black or was repainted? originally weren´t they silver?
just wondering
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2009 at 10:28am
Black on Black, it seems silver is a thing of the past
RSWORDS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSWORDS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2009 at 11:29pm
Eric you still got this? Were are you at exactly?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2009 at 10:04am
Nope, Chess bought it
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessloveedit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2009 at 2:38am
Eric, Ive got to say, you have gone above and beyond on this. Anyone who does business with you is going to be 100% satisfied. Thanks for all your hard work and I cant wait to see the final product.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2009 at 9:05am
what he means is... i got a nice pallet, took my primer to prime the pump and normally will crank the engine over cause the engine sat for a while....no turn, pull the plugs and 2 back cylinders have rust on the plugs

bust it down, off to the machine shop, Chess its going one of two ways, resleeving or he is pushing to go up .030 on all the holes which he said is the better way to go,

slight delay, luckily the money Chess sent me is going to the machinist instead of the pissed off owner who doesnt like to cover the boat which he swears he did

so, the moral of the story, if you werent from CCF, i wouldve sent your money back and you seem pretty excited about the engine
I'll snap some shots to solidify my story so this doesnt get pulled out of context
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2009 at 9:12am
BTW, when i got up in the boat a month ago, with a jump box it clicked and moved just so i could tell the direction, i though the jump box was a little weak but all i needed was to bump it to tell direction. another day in paradise
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2009 at 2:14pm
why would it be better to 0.30 than resleeving?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessloveedit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2009 at 3:40pm
whatever you think is best. Do I need to send you some cash for new valve stem seals? I figure while your in there, why not? Also, I wasnt going to say anything about the complications. You are a man of your word for doing all of this and it wont go unnoticed, especially on this site. thanks agian.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2009 at 3:55pm
Funny you mention de valve steam seals, now while my heads are getting rebuild, my mech told the guy at the machine shop to skip the valve steam seals, he says those work good on cars when you brake with the gearbox and the engine keeps rpm loaded, then it's when the oil likes to go up. In a Boat engine that can not happen since you stop with the throttle and the engine slows down as well. what do you think?

Anyway a little oil over there wouldnt be too bad for keeping moisture away.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2009 at 4:03pm
No replacement for displacement! LOL If it were mine, it would be all fresh.
Eric, will you be able to run it on the stand to break in?
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2009 at 5:28pm
honestly, no
not enough parts to run it, its basically a long block
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic