NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Midwest Reunion - Green Lake, WI

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1314151617 23>
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 1:54am
2 mini HD waterproof video cameras with mounts with batteries SD cards available for loan. Have got to make the contact before Tuesday. We can stick them on the lead and the caboose for a parade shot.....
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 1:56am
You guys are killin me   

I guess, I am going to have to practice up on my deviant skills if I am going to hang around this crew...
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 1:57am
That would definitely work!
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 1:57am

Good friends having fun, but he did say pay back will be coming when you don't expect it !!!!

I hope everyone can sleep with one eye open.

And Quinner you better not even sleep..

Dave
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 1:59am
There's only three S's at GL and Sleeping isn't one of them... Skiing and slacking off....... And ssssssssdrinking
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 2:10am

Steve,

You got that right brother...

Man, it going to be alot of fun and for the new people coming for the
first time, you will love it.

Dave
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 2:15am
You can't help BUT have a good time!

Steve
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 2:16am
Dave,

By the way, I'm anxious to see your boat!

Steve
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 2:31am

Steve,

I'm sorry to say that will happen next year.

I have a problem with the 55 lb. weight limit at the airport.. hehe

But, if you come down to St.John in Feb.

I will also be going to the LG reunion and will fly as well.

And that will be a show not to miss !!!!!!! can't tell

Dave
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 2:33am
Yep... I forgot about that one
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 3:18am
Woah it is here already! Missed the deadline but might have to crash at least for a few hours to check out all of the boats.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 3:37am
Terry, where have you been. Really hope you show up.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 3:52am
Brain we just finished moving and finished renovating the old house to be a rental.We finally got carpet last weekend and are now living in a bedroom instead of on the dining room floor.The boat is finally at home with me so I can get the thing done now.I have been trying to save to buy an 81 I have had my eyes on for years.It may happen soon.....The daughters 4th birthday party is on the 19th so that day is out but all the others are ok so far.I may even ask off ot the Thursday event and Friday as well just to spend some time OFF ! Just got back online after almost a month with little to no net ( not a bad thing ).
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

unfortunately Kim and Kaitlin can't be there as Kim has to play piano for our church on Sun.

Change of plans again. I'm really excited as Kim is now able to go. I made some phone calls to get some friends to cover for us both on Sunday (VBS commitments). Will try to get S&T thurs night and fly up early Fri morning into MKE. Gotta be there to see 60 CC boats lined up for showing like auto's in Leno's garage. Well............ and to meet those whom Kim and I haven't yet.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 11:26am
Originally posted by ripster92 ripster92 wrote:

I don't think I have to ask, but how are you liking the boat?

It does the trick. It does struggle to pull me out of the water though.

not. heh, heh.

ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Originally posted by ripster92 ripster92 wrote:

I don't think I have to ask, but how are you liking the boat?

not. heh, heh.

I'd Imagine it wouldn't have any problems pulling you OR your house across the lake.

Steve
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

You know I get that sometimes myself Steve, I would just have the girls move up to the bow of the boat to help it plane off quicker...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 1:38pm
Hey Everyone,
A week from tomorrow it all starts! I'll be sending out emails as well but here's a short list of things not to forget as you make your travel plans for Green Lake.

• Sunscreen
  • Bug spray
  • Cell phone
  • Camera
  • Sunglasses

Specific to those with boats:
  • Boat and trailer registration documentation
  • Life jackets
  • Ski/foot/board equipment
  • Anchor (2 if you have them)
  • Bumpers for tieing up to other boats (or extra life jackets over the gunnel)
  • Tool box

In addition, I ask that anyone who has extra chairs please bring them to the on-land boat show Friday night.

Those who have been in the past, please feel free to add to the list.

See you all in just over a week!
-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 1:48pm
  • Sunscreen
  • Bug spray
  • Cell phone
  • Camera
  • Sunglasses

Specific to those with boats:
  • Boat and trailer registration documentation
  • Life jackets
  • Ski/foot/board equipment
  • Anchor (2 if you have them)
  • Bumpers for tieing up to other boats (or extra life jackets over the gunnel)
  • Tool box
  • Insurance Documents
  • First Aid Kit
  • A lot of beer

In addition, I ask that anyone who has extra chairs please bring them to the on-land boat show Friday night and the Thursday Night Early Arrival Cookout.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 2:18pm
Guys,
The most important thing to remember is, while 57 of us are running circles around "Barney", please make sure your safety equipment is up to speed. Meaning:
*Fire extingquisher (preferrably one that doesn't say 1965 on it)
*PFD for each member on the boat and one throwable !!
*Although not part of the safety list (registration papers)

Some more things to prepare you for an enjoyable, fun time next weekend:

* Wisc does not allow gunnel, bow or transom riding or driving!
* Wisc does not allow children under the age of 12 to drive a boat!
* Wisc does not allow driving next to, or closer than 100 feet from
another boat or shore/dock!
* Wisc on water BAC is limited to .10 Yes, DUI enforcement is at the
descretion of the DNR officers.
* If you launch a boat and park your tow vehicle and trailer
anywhere on public roads or lots, you best have paid and marked your
dash with the launch stub provided at each ramp. Ramp fees are $5
bucks

Just a friendly reminder that from 9am to 6pm, one single DNR patrol will be out there boating amongst us. We don't want any unfortunate infractions, or issues for anyone during the reunion (and luckly we've had to few to mention).

With as many boats that are coming this year, we want everyone safe and for everyone to enjoy the weekend...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 2:24pm
Hey Moj,
When you say a throwable for every person in the boat...do you really mean one throwable per boat, and a PFD for each person?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 2:53pm
Mojo,

Same question as Steve?? Illinois says one PFD per person + 1 throwable per vessel.

Is that correct about a 12yr old driving even when an adult is on board?

In addition to transom, gunnel, etc. riding I was ticketed once for a passenger sitting on the dog house.

The craziest Wisco Law not mentioned, a parent may buy their under 21 child alcohol in any public place, meaning kids can drink as long as mom/dad buy/provide the booze!!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 3:46pm
For Clarification, I have been reading these a lot lately

WI DNR Regs:
PFD's
One wearable for every person on board
Once type IV (Throwable) PFD for each boat over 16 foot in length

Age Restrictions
- Children between age of 10 and 12 can pilot a watercraft under the supervision of an adult who is also on board.
- Children between the ages of 12 and 16 may pilot a watercraft if they have successfully passed a WI approved boaters safety course or under the supervision of an adult who is onboard.

Follow the link below for the complete list of WI boating regulations:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/es/enforcement/safety/boatreg.htm

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 6:18pm
Yes, sorry, there has to be a PFD for each person and one throwable (I didn't word that right)...

Yes, No one under the age of 12 can operate a boat. 12-16 can with adult supervision, or if they have passed the state's safety course, thay can drive by themselves !.

Yes, while sitting on the doghouse will probably get you pulled over, your under age child can sit and drink in a bar over the age of 18 as long as their legal gardian is sitting with them...

Yep, only in WI.....

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 8:22pm
Again, I will be sending a formal email to all registrants but here are some of the details for Friday night.

We will be a the Tuscumbia Country Club which has a nice, level, paved parking lot surrounded by beautiful grounds. The setting should be outstanding for the on-land portion of the weekend. We plan to take a group photo by all the boats, looking down at the parking lot from the club house, around 7:00 pm Friday night.

We are not permitted to bring our own beverages on the grounds. So, as part of the event, there will be plenty of water and adult, carbonated beverages available at no charge. We will also have WI style bratwurst and chips at no charge.

In addition, the Tuscumbia has a very nice, full service restaurant right there for those who are interested in additional food choices. In your registration packet will be a menu with some Reunion Specials available at a discount.

When you arrive on Friday, you will park your boat with the assistance of a volunteer. You'll then unhook your vehicle and park it in a designated location. We will have wheel chucks available for all boats(thanks Dave) to keep them from rolling away.

After your boat and vehicle have been parked, you will proceed to the registration tent were you will sign-in and receive your registration packet.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 10:05pm
Just cleared everything up at work, still good for the trip to GL. That was close thought I was going o have to be AWOL from work for a couple days. Wish we were leaving tonight instead of a week from now.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 12:50am

James,

Glad to hear everything work out for you.

It's hard to get people to the event when work comes in the way.

Oh that's right you have to work to pay for the fun...

Dave
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 1:05am
Keith, Raindog, & Mojo - We will be arriving about noon Friday.    Do you need help setting up at the Country Club?     If not what are most people doing Friday PM - Detailing their show boats or getting them wet out at the sandbar?

I'd be honored to have any job detail you need to delegate.

Chris

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 1:22am
Where is the Tuscumbia located.. Probably have passed it and didn't know.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 1:24am
I recommend you get it wet early and often. Especially if you are looking to ski at all, conditions during the weekend may not be as ideal once the rest of the lake arrives. We should coordinate a radio channel so we can find people on the water...   

However, I will say a few will be on land detailing if history holds true..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1314151617 23>
  Share Topic