NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Midwest Reunion - Green Lake, WI

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 23>
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2009 at 2:33am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

In the past, if we didn't have an image, we used the "N" Nautique logo.

This year, we'll substitute another picture, like:
Wild-Man (pre-62Wood)

Motivated now?

Steve, Ive been thinking...I sanded that off to soon, maybe I should paint that back on the transom?     

Besides, when you have a custom swim platform like this...one should show if off, right?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2009 at 8:41am
Have committed to attend purchased plane tickets and registered to attend.

Looking forward to meeting all you blokes and sheilas at GL.

Have changed plans a bit decided fly to Milwaukee and hire a car from there to drive up. Need to book motel at GL and organise car hire any recommendations?

Will fly in on the 14th July probably spend the next day having a look around Milwaukee and drive to GL arriving 16th.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2009 at 11:23am
Lewy - I am looking forward to meeting you. I have had good luck with Hertz car rental but they are a higher price than the others. You might want to check on a Brewers game while you are in Milwaukee. That is a great time, esp. if they are playing the Cubs.

See you in July!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2009 at 11:53am
Lewy, Glad to here your going to make it out. Definately get in on Thursday. Mojo, Raindog, myself and our spouses had a "Board Meeting" last night to put the plans together for the thursday night barbeque. It will be awesome and well worth arriving a day early for.

Here's a link for lodging, see who's got room and then I'd email Mojo about which would be best for you. DOn't wait too long to reserve.
lodging
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2009 at 1:32pm
Billy from LA, Brian from CA, and now Lewy from down under...yall go ahead and raise the bar for Amy and I when you get a chance.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2009 at 3:00pm
We're in!

1988 BFN-sold

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2009 at 7:55pm
Outstanding... Gald to hear that you guys are working to make it.
Greg, you and Amy interested in running up with the Reidp group ? We try to get up there Thursday just after lunch. Could possibly go a bit earlier but not later.
You really do not want to miss the Cookout at Steves. Great gathering.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2009 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Greg, you and Amy interested in running up with the Reidp group ?

Well of course...he's paddling right?   

1988 BFN-sold

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2009 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Steve, Ive been thinking...I sanded that off to soon, maybe I should paint that back on the transom?

I think a T-shirt would be fantastic. That way, you wouldn't have to represent all the time.

Pam would need a matching "Wild Woman" shirt as well.

WHOO-HOO!
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 9:19am
Managed to get a room at the Lakeside from 16th-19th. My wife is a bit worried it is a boys weekend but I keep telling her all their wives/girlfriends will be there also.

It is only 10 weeks away. Really looking forward to meeting all the CCFan members in person. This forum is amazing how it can bring people together with similar interests. It will be great to see such a collection of old & new Correct Crafts.

89 Ski

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 10:01am
Lewy, I'm looking forward to meeting you. You're going to have a great time. I don't like to leave the State of Maine, especially during our very short summer, but I've had such a good time at the 2 reunions I've been to and the CCF people I've met are such decent people, that I'm driving what seems to me like half way across the Earth to a place I would otherwise never go to. It's going to be a blast and your wife will enjoy herself.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 12:10pm
Lewy, Mrs. BKH is making her fourth trip from California. Not just a boys weekend. Look forward to meeting you. BKH
Livin' the Dream

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 12:30pm
Lewy, thats a ditto from the Deep South.There are a few that will rack up 2500 miles to come and enjoy this outing, you have raised the bar to a higher level.
Are you allowed to bring any pets,sure would love to have a pet "Roo" Stick one in your carry on bag, Karen and I will give it a good home........Boat dr
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 12:48pm
Lewy,
The wife Cathie will be there and I know that she will want to have a nice chat with your wife. She was with me for 3 months in Sydney and still talks about it all the time.
So you bring the little woman with you and she will not be bored.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 1:16pm
Dang, Guess Kim and I might have to fly up for the weekend as well.

Lewy, Mrs. Foot had the same doubts about hanging out with a slew of boat fanatics at the river run but after meeting Mrs. Buffalo and some of the other Mrs. she was glad she came. Already have plans to return next year to the St. Johns. I've run the idea by her as we do not have our girls this weekend and she is savy to it as long as we aren't dragging the boat with us.

Boat Doc has been... "Given me the Business" every time we chat about going so may just have to break down and head up there. GEE.... anybody know if we might be able to bum a ride off somebody? ( Boat that is)

Greg you and Amy dragging the pumpkin patch up there?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 1:59pm
Amy said if we're going, so is the boat!

1988 BFN-sold

WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 4:21pm
Mrs Wakeslayer will be there with her boat!

Glad to hear Mr & Mrs Buffalo are coming now.

Lewy, you will get the farthest distance traveled award for sure, unless Donovan shows up.

I cannot wait. St John was a blast.    Tim, the Doc has way of compelling attendance.

Mike N

1968 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 4:31pm
Thanks guys! I wasn't going to bring our girl to the big dance until I had finished a few things, but that's not really what this is about.

Tim, we'll have a ride for you and whoever else wants to brave a boat with foam in it.
1988 BFN-sold

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 4:50pm
A very official statement regarding the Thursday Night Early Arrival party has been posted in its own thread. All 2009 CCF Midwest Reunion participants are strongly encouraged to read said statement and act accordingly.*

2009 Thursday Night Party Official Announcement

*Proper action to include alteration of plans, acknowledgment of attendance and SIGNING UP FOR THE REUNION!
Tonali_III View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2009 at 4:44pm
Any campgrounds in the area? Maybe I can talk my wife into going if we camp.
1974 Southwind 20
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6752" rel="nofollow">1972 Mustan
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2009 at 5:06pm
Tony,
You may want to call the campground as I think that they are reporting that they are Full. But some are doubling-up on sites. You Tent camp or pull a camper ?

Hattie Sherwood Campground
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2009 at 5:10pm
Tent camping. We have a pickup truck with a truck bed tent and a couple other tents for the kids. What about Green Lake Campgound?
1974 Southwind 20
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6752" rel="nofollow">1972 Mustan
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2009 at 5:25pm
Green Lake Campgroud is supposed to be nice. It think that it may be farther away from the Park and Goose Blind than Hatties.
I think that the majority are trying to stay at Hatties. But as I mentioned, it may be Full now.
I would offer a section of our site but we are in a motorhome and it pretty much fills the site. They are not big sites.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2009 at 5:34pm
I see. I still need to hear from my wife anyway. Ain't nobody happy if momma ain't happy.
1974 Southwind 20
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2009 at 2:28am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Are you allowed to bring any pets,sure would love to have a pet "Roo" Stick one in your carry on bag, Karen and I will give it a good home........Boat dr

Kangaroo's are our national animal in Australia even appear on our Coat of Arms. But out here in the country Roo's are a pest to the farmers especially in drought conditions. They are a constant problem when driving at night as their eye's do not brighten with the car headlights. City people just see the cute cuddly side of them. They can be domesticated but a fully grown male roo can be very aggresive.

I will trying and sneak a young joey in for you though Boat Dr.

89 Ski

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2009 at 10:59pm
I saw a study that stated there was dihydrogen monoxide in the water up at GL...we may have to back out.   
1988 BFN-sold

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2009 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I saw a study that stated there was dihydrogen monoxide in the water up at GL...we may have to back out.   

and we all pee in the water at the sand bar too, whats your point????
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2009 at 11:58pm
Alan, if you've already heard about this and have your shots, then don't make a dust up.
1988 BFN-sold

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 12:38am
Tim: Maybe we should talk. Any way to have us catch a plane in Orlando with an Atlanta stop-over to meet up with you and Kim? Me and Patti have a room if you need a place to bunk. Could share a rental car as well. Always looking to cut expenses these days. You go...you won't be sorry! You got my number?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 1:04pm
Yeah John sounds like we need too! Yep I still have your #. You might be better off flying direct if you can. If you have no choice but stopping here Atl then we could possibly ride up with you on the same flight if its a Delta or Northwest flight.

Hey you midwest guys! Which would be the better airport in and out of, Madison or Appleton?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 23>
  Share Topic