NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Midwest Reunion - Green Lake, WI

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 20212223>
Author
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 6:43pm
It's a matched set. See the yellow stripes on the ball!
Greg

86 BFN
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 7:02pm
Would that be part of that special "Rainbow" set?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

What the heck are those yellow stripes in the grass for?!?

Tripping

Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by ultrahots ultrahots wrote:

57.4 MPH !! Wow that sounds fun.Cannot wait to see pics.

Pictures are great but only give a hint of the good time. Thanks to all that helped put on such a great weekend....in spite of less than ideal weather I wouldn't have missed it. And yes Joe's boat is a heck of a ride!(the run in it was one of the weekend's high points)
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by LaurelLakeSkier LaurelLakeSkier wrote:

Originally posted by ultrahots ultrahots wrote:

57.4 MPH !! Wow that sounds fun.Cannot wait to see pics.

Pictures are great but only give a hint of the good time. Thanks to all that helped put on such a great weekend....in spite of less than ideal weather I wouldn't have missed it. And yes Joe's boat is a heck of a ride!(the run in it was one of the weekend's high points)

Ditto. The ride in Joe's boat was incredible. What a great time we had in spite of the weather, can't wait 'till next year. I'm coming even if they're predicting snow!

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 10:14pm
how fast did Joe's 2001 get to?
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 10:34pm
I think I read 57.6...easily fast enough to call it a wicked ride. I was also very impressed with his results with the coosa board. The way Joe did his hull was the biggest reason I wanted to ride in it, and the engine performance was gravy!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2009 at 2:02am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Hey Joe you are very generous with your offers of hospitality. We are in Niagara at the moment. We may have time to drop in either Sat afternoon or Sunday morning if that fits in with your plans. My new US mobile is 14143060847.

Lewy, the phone gives an immediate busy signal, perhaps because your in Canada. I have a 5k run at 8:30 tomorrow a couple towns over but will be back in the area by 11am and around all weekend. Just give me a call 315 567 1273.

Thanks for all the positive comments on the boat and the rides guys, I doubt anyone enjoys the rides any more than I like giving them.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2009 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Thanks for all the positive comments on the boat and the rides guys, I doubt anyone enjoys the rides any more than I like giving them.

How's that saying go Joe ......??

"If you have the guns, you gotta fire 'em "   hahahaha.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 12:48am
Joe, I'll race you at LG this year.....how fast is your tow vehicle?

You've got to give me a ride in your Rocket Nautique. I have only seen it zip by from a distance and heard it idling from a mile away.

Ken
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 12:50am
Mike, can you make it back to LG this year?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Mojo my brother said to say thanks for all the fun playing darts with you guys.. The big tear down begins tomorrow morning.

Tell him I had a riot !! Good games, plenty of drinks and good times !! Tell him to come back next year for a good A$$ whoop'n again hahahaha

"Da Goose was Loose"

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 3:32pm
Hey Everyone,
This is way over due but here is the info for uploading all your Green Lake 2009 photos to the FTP server:

Link: ftp://uploads:ccf@correctcraftfan.com

The username and password are in the link but for those who are prompted for them:
Username: uploads
Password: ccf

Once connected, click on the Green_Lake_2009 folder where you will see folders with people's names (i.e. Keith). At this point, please create a new folder:

Rename the folder with your name:

Double click on the new folder with your name (which will be empty) and then simply copy all your photos from your computer and paste them to the folder:

If you are having connecting (especially those with IE8), turn off 'Passive Mode' and once connected open the page in Windows Explorer, see photos below:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 5:03pm
For everyone who had a great time at Green Lake, no reason to wait until next year. We're doing it again in Lake George, NY September 18-20 at the 2009 CorrectCraftFan.com Northeast Reunion. Ralph Meloon Sr. will be there in person and we'll have the new Ski Nautique 200. Adam Wensink, who was at Green Lake last year, will also be there. It's the perfect way to wrap up the season.

Learn more or register now!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 8:15pm
Enough of the commercials for Lake George!

Kidding, of course. Here are some shots of a surf session with teacher extraordinaire WakeSlayer and Mrs WakeSlayer. Mike and Barbara brought the boards, sacs and experience and shared liberally. Thanks to Groovin for taking the photos.

Is it me or is the Black Python getting a little fat these days?

How high is the water mama? 6 feet high and rising - Cash

Mrs 'Slayer taking a test run while the wake and speed gets dialed in

Acceptable wake and ready for the noobs.

skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2009 at 2:16am
Wow, I've never seen a boat weighted that much! Thank God it's a Nautique, otherwise it would have sunk!!! Cool pictures.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2009 at 2:28am
those 210s are my dream boat.

maybe one day....
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 12:41am
Holy cow Steve, that thing is buried! Surfing is so much fun.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 1:01am
Yeah, Mike, I loved it. Was the tops of the weekend for me. Feverishly searching for deals on some sacs, pump and a board so I can do again this year.

Like other vices, the first taste is always free...

Honestly, it didn't seem as sunk as the pics show. I think we had about 1000 lbs in sacs plus port factory wedge and belly ballast full.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 1:15am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Honestly, it didn't seem as sunk as the pics show. I think we had about 1000 lbs in sacs plus starboard factory wedge and belly ballast full.

....don't forget about the people ballast. I think you may have exceeded the capacity plate rating sir . If you get sacks,get coverless ones. Mine have covers and they are a PITA.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 1:20am
Thanks for the tip. The covered ones look nice and I would have been suckered into them.

What is your surf setup? Do you ride port or starboard?
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 2:00am
Hahaha Steve, that's what happened to me! I surf starboard side. We don't get too crazy with the weight. I have to be careful my lake is long and narrow and the neighbors don't like watching their docks/boats get banged around. We run either rear tank full(depending on side being surfed,obviously),belly tank about 3/4 full, about 400#s on back seat,150#s in bow and shuffle passengers accordingly. The wake is big enough to ride with just a driver,but isn't crazy big with some extra peeps.

The covered sacks are fine if you're not filling/emptying alot,but the inner bladder can be tough to get situated inside the cover as it's filling,so it's a pain if you do it alot.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 2:12am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

I think we had about 1000 lbs in sacs plus port factory wedge and belly ballast full.

I don't think so. Per Mike, the sac in the seat was only about 400lbs. I don't think you had more than 700-750lbs extra ballast between the two bags.

You did have my considerable mass sitting on the left side of the boat, but that's another story. BKH
Livin' the Dream

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 11:31am
Thanks for the correction. I though it was a 750 lb sac on the seat. Probably confused that number with 750 lbs in total sac weight.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2009 at 2:16am
Wow...where to start? Patti and I are just home this evening after a awesome road trip. Put about 3400 miles on the truck while roaming around for 3 weeks. What a great time.....started at Reid and Laurie's.....picked up skicat and kyTom in Lexington then enjoyed a long drive thru endless cornfields to finally reach Green Lake. Now I am not sure but there has got to be a reason why all those windmills are up in the GL area. I know the weather is always better "the day after" but jeez can't we have this great time during the summer? Seriously...what a great time again this year...well worth the trip. Was just awesome seeing all you guys again and meeting a few new ones as well. Thanks to quinner and Maddie for putting up with me, Patti and jo the wonder dog. Thanks to you guys who put in so much work setting this all up. Thanks to Keith for starting this whole thing!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2009 at 5:12pm
Hey guys, I finally got this scanned in. Thought you would like to see the press CCF got in the local papers up in Green Lake.

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2009 at 1:23am

Steve,

Thank you for posting that great write up...

Man it just keep's getting bigger.

You might want to send a copy to Keith, I think he would like it..

Dave
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 11:16am
That article is great to see!   What a great weekend.

Thanks, too, to Raindog for the surfin props, I had not been on this thread in quite a while. Steve, you should see what that thing looks like with 2000+ lbs run down the surfer side. Big waves, dude. BIG waves. Capacity plate, pppphhhhttt. Merely a suggestion!
Mike N

1968 Mustang

sandstpf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandstpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2009 at 9:20pm
SWEET!!
Finally a 2001!!!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 2:05pm
Last call for Green Lake Photos. Now the Lake George is done, it's time to build the Midwest Reunion slide show. If anyone has photos and has not yet uploaded them, please follow the instructions below.

I'll hope to have the slide show done by the end of the week so please have your photos up no later than tomorrow evening.

Thank you,
Keith

Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Hey Everyone,
... uploading all your Green Lake 2009 photos to the FTP server:

Link: ftp://uploads:ccf@correctcraftfan.com

The username and password are in the link but for those who are prompted for them:
Username: uploads
Password: ccf

Once connected, click on the Green_Lake_2009 folder where you will see folders with people's names (i.e. Keith). At this point, please create a new folder:

Rename the folder with your name:

Double click on the new folder with your name (which will be empty) and then simply copy all your photos from your computer and paste them to the folder:

If you are having connecting (especially those with IE8), turn off 'Passive Mode' and once connected open the page in Windows Explorer, see photos below:

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 20212223>
  Share Topic