NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Midwest Reunion - Green Lake, WI

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 23>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 2:00pm
Tim,

Appleton is probably closest, Milwaukee is about 1.5hrs drive, Madison would be about the same or slightly less.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Tim,

Appleton is probably closest, Milwaukee is about 1.5hrs drive, Madison would be about the same or slightly less.

Tim,
Depending on the departure point airport, going into Madison and especially Appleton could put you on a relatively small commuter type route. These can get expensive!! I think Keith flys into Milwaukee.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 3:22pm
No problem Pete. Money is no object for me!.................................

Psssst. I work for DAL. It doesn't cost me a dime to fly.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 10:51pm
Spoke with Keith yesterday and he's trying to book a flight to Milwaukee on Thursday morning.

If everything goes well down here, I will book my flight to meet up with him at the airport.

Just let us know if we need to get a bigger car.

Keith will email me with the flight times.

Dave
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 7:48pm
Guys, I see the totals adding up nicely... Only 7 more boats to catch last year's registration figures... @ 10 more boats we hit 40 !!!!

This is a world wide attended event. Now put the wheels back on your rusty little trailers and register for your summer fun in Green Lake.

The goal is {{{{{{40}}}}}}} "Just-do-It"

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 8:14pm
Come on Dave, let's get bigger..

50 Boats and counting

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 8:18pm
We should be able to hit 50. Where's Gary Hein and his friend Brian? Did anyone contact Dave (Copcraft), he's missed in the past due to an annual trip to lake of the ozarks. With the schedule change, he can probably make it.

Keith, Anyway to send a direct email to those who signed up in the past. Some of the attendees are not regulars on the site. I little reminder might do wonders.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

We should be able to hit 50.
BKH

Brian,   I'll add one more to the list. We've had quite a few people email me asking if I was bringing the Hurricane so we've decided to tow it up for the weekend.

It's no work of art like the Dart but atleast folks will be able to get a before and after look of it. It is a piece of history no matter what shape it's in so it'll be there.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 10:44pm
That will be great Alan.

B
Livin' the Dream

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2009 at 1:43am
Magic, now that's what I call a SHOW PIECE to view.

Man this event is getting some great treats.

You guy's know how to do it right at GL..

This is going to be another great time.

Thank you to all !!
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2009 at 2:26am
Brilliant idea Alan. This will give everyone a better idea of what it takes to take something and bring it up to Magicman standards.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2009 at 9:38am
Allan looking forward to seeing not only your pristine 81 but now the Hurricane that is a bonus. Only nine weeks but whose counting.

Flying into Milwaukee on the 14th will be leaving for Green Lake after lunch on the 16th if anyone needs a lift from Milwaukee Airport let me know.

Looks like National have the best deal for me with drop off charge of $200 for leaving the car in New York at end of trip. Any comments on National??
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2009 at 12:22pm
Mark,
I don't travel much but my experience has been any major rental agency has been OK. Hertz, Budget, National, etc. all have a level of accountability that should insure a hassle free experience.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2009 at 1:24pm
Alan,
That is great! So looking forward to seeing the Hurricane.

Yes Brian, I'll be emailing previous attendees, along with all Diaries and Forums members as well.

Would really like to see close to 50 boats this year!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2009 at 10:20pm
I got a call from the Godfather today...he says he's going to hook me up. I'm not quite sure what this means yet 'cause he won't tell me, but I do think he has something up his sleeve.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2009 at 10:23pm
Lewy, snap a few pics of your rental when you pick it up. That's just in case there are disagreements later.

Can't wait to see the Hurricane!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2009 at 1:46am
Lewy, Greg has good advice but also take a photo when you drop it off. I have a friend who recently got a big bill for damage he didn't do. He is fighting it but it is out of state & a big hassle.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2009 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Guys, I see the totals adding up nicely... Only 7 more boats to catch last year's registration figures... @ 10 more boats we hit 40 !!!!

This is a world wide attended event. Now put the wheels back on your rusty little trailers and register for your summer fun in Green Lake.

The goal is {{{{{{40}}}}}}} "Just-do-It"

Moj'

While they haven't signed up yet, I know we've got at least two more boats/parties coming with our group. So this'll get us to at least 32 boats. Plus Marshall just told me he's working his travel plans to be there for a 3rd time and commandeered his own boat back since he couldn't make it to FLA in Feb and had to send a stand-in driver with his boat. And I've been ribbing him since then on boatdr's boat being a MPH faster (at that outing). And speaking of speed, will there by chance be the trophies/plaques for "Fastest Boat on GL" like Mark made up for FLA?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2009 at 2:38am
My man ReidP, which boat will you be bringing?

We need to turn things up in this thread..

I know Joe will be LOUD and PROUD with a BANG!!
"Campers beware"..

The Doc will be riding smooth..

So tell us which sweet treat you will be speeding in to the finish line.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2009 at 2:53am
Hi there Dave! In terms of boats coming to GL, the only certainty is that Orange Crush will be there. Beyond that we just don't know as several new projects are continuing to sit idle as work has really gotten in the way. But 920 miles is a long way to come to get embarrassed, don't you agree?    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2009 at 3:05am
The reason why I ask is that I might be driving to GL. So do the math and get ready buddy.

That's all I can say for now.....

And I can hear you say, man what's this guy up too..hehe

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2009 at 9:25pm
ReidP, here is a little taste..

Man! This motor is clean!

The GodFather went shopping!
Smile and the handshake...

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2009 at 9:52pm
Dave , your just teasing us with those skimpy pictures. I love it already. Think you'll tow it to GL?

Congats Dave!!! you deserve it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2009 at 10:06pm
Alan, you are the first person to see this.

And Keith know as well!! sorry guy's

I will try my best to get her to GL.
Have to check and see how much time I can get off for this event..

If not, I will fly in as planned.

To start the story and more pic's to follow at a later time.

I found a 100% 1972 CORRECT CRAFT MUSTANG!!!!!!

Dave

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2009 at 11:24pm
Great looking boat so far Dave, congratulations those mustangs are a treat. That would look real good next to Reid's Orange stang, and/or Flyn bryans Red beauty if he shows his head around these parts again this summer.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2009 at 11:42pm
Thank you Joe..

Dave

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2009 at 11:47pm
Atta boy Dave! Hope it has a GL approved windshield
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2009 at 1:20am
Congratulations Dave great looking boat. But you know how we like lots of pictures here.

Dave surely the time you spend on CCfan and at reunions qualifies for "time in lieu" at least.

Looking forward to catching up with you and your new purchase at GL.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2009 at 1:30am
lewy2001,

You are so right, I know everyone loves photo's and I like to keep them in the dark.

But not to long, more to come soon!!!

I would love to meet and talk with you at GL.
I hope you have a nice plane ride..

Dave

And thanks for coming...

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2009 at 3:41am
Dave, you did it! That is one sweet boat. Congratulations! Hoping to see it in person in mid-July.

Dave's first Correct Craft and what a beauty!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 23>
  Share Topic