NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Midwest Reunion Thurs Party

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2009 CCF Midwest Reunion Thurs Party
    Posted: May-04-2009 at 4:41pm
To: All CorrectCraftFan.com 2009 Midwest Reunion Participants
RE: 2nd Annual Early Arrival Cookout and Gathering - Official Announcement

Attention all participants,

After long and often intense debate that lasted well into the wee hours of the night, the Official(ish) Welcoming Committee has finalized the preliminary final plans for the 2nd Annual Early Arrival Cookout and Gathering. In attendance were the Moj' (Dave), 81Nautique (Magicman, Alan), and RainDog (Steve) and our trusted advisors (Carrie, Dana and De, respectively).

Upon adjournment, the following has been concluded and recorded in the committee minutes:

Board of Directors called to order 6:34 PM.

1.      Yes, there should be a Thursday Night party (by unanimous vote).
2.      The logical date for said party would be on July 16th.
3.      The location will be in Deacon Mills Park in Downtown Green Lake, for which the ayes presented the following arguments:

a.      The park is right across the street from the Lakeside Hotel, next to the Green Lake Marina and launch
        b.      It is walking distance from the campground, Bay View hotel and most importantly, the Goose
        c.      It is a lake front park with public dock space for 6-8 boats
        d.      Restroom facilities
        e.      The City of Green Lake actually approved our request!
        f.      The nays were removed from committee and their comments were not recorded.

4.      Starting time will be around 6:00 pm
5.      The following menu was proposed and approved:

a.      Marinated pork tenderloins
        b.      Roasted corn on the cob
        c.      Assorted side salads
        d.      Beer, soda and water will be provided
        e.      Dessert (TBD)

6.      It was suggested that participants bring folding chairs or picnic blankets for their own comfort. This has been ratified and elevated to be our official position.
7.      A suggestion from the floor raised a question regarding weather. RainDog responded that inclement weather is patently impossible. Therefore, it was agreed it was to be a rain or shine event. A tent will be provided. (...but not needed was stricken from the record by a majority vote, RainDog dissented then beaten by Sargent-At-Arms)
8.      The Treasurer questioned the business case of said event. After rigorous debate, it was concluded that the true value of the event was to extend, what is considered by many, the pinnacle of their summer activities. From that notion, it was declared that this is to be a complementary service, executed by the Corps of Volunteers (an ad-hoc subset of the Official(ish) Welcoming Committee)
9.      Lastly, it was agreed upon that an accurate head count of participants would help the Planning and Operations sub-committee make this an enjoyable event for all. For all potential attendees and their guests, please sound off below in this same forum.

Meeting adjourned at 2:23 AM.

Respectfully submitted and officially recorded,

S.R. Evans

Treasury/Secretary
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 5:07pm
Sounds great.

Bruce, Tom and Dave. 3
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 5:17pm
Roger and Cathie will be there...
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 5:56pm
Greg and Amy...sounds like a blast.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 5:59pm
I'm there dudes....along with my daughter,Mike and Andy.(Band members)

Sounds like fun!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 6:10pm
Count me in.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 7:38pm
Wendy and I . Cant wait till the festivitys begin. Is there a place for a fire at the park ?
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 9:00pm
No Pat there isn't.. Only grills.. Sorry dude..
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 9:41pm
Speaking of fires, is that something people like to do at the campground? Is wood easy to come by? Shall we bring our own?   I've got plenty of wood that I can bring, as long as I have room.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 10:02pm
Don't transport firewood in Ohio, large fines. Emerald Ash Borers are killing millions of trees.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 10:30pm
Thanks for telling me that. I'd hate to have the Mustang confiscated because I had her filled to the gunwhales with firewood.
Boat Nurse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boat Nurse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 10:50pm
The Boat Doctor and Boat Nurse will be there.
We're planning on bringing Boudin again this year. Any one else planning to contribute? I think you should. Everyone conributing to the cookout sure makes it easier and quite a smorgusbord. It made the St John's River cookout a smashing success. Also, took the stress and EXPENSE off one or a few.
The Boat Nurse
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Boat Nurse Boat Nurse wrote:

The Boat Doctor and Boat Nurse will be there.
We're planning on bringing Boudin again this year. Any one else planning to contribute? I think you should. Everyone conributing to the cookout sure makes it easier and quite a smorgusbord. It made the St John's River cookout a smashing success. Also, took the stress and EXPENSE off one or a few.

Karen and Billy,

We talked about this saturday night and decided that we really want people to just come and enjoy under no obligation to contribute. Many as well as yourselves are traveling great distances over several days and it's just too hard on everyone. This is truly a hosted event by our 3 families for all to just come and enjoy....now we won't turn anything away but there are no expectations for anyone to bring anything but their smiling faces and appetites.

Besides you all took great care of us down in Florida past February so it's our turn. That's what it's all about.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Speaking of fires, is that something people like to do at the campground? Is wood easy to come by? Shall we bring our own?   I've got plenty of wood that I can bring, as long as I have room.

Plenty of wood and ice right at the campground. Package store, convenience store, breakfast joint, Goose Blind, ice cream shop, gas station all right in town within walking distance of the campground and most of the hotels. Relax and enjoy.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2009 at 2:14am
Mary Frances and I will be there. How about a "Tip" jar to offset expenses?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2009 at 9:43am
Jo and I will be there for sure. Would feel uncomfortable turning up without something.

Shame we could not sneak some aussie tucker through customs. Maybe some meat pies I here De acquired a taste while downunder.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2009 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Maybe some meat pies I here De acquired a taste while downunder.

Hollywood, don't even think of touching this.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2009 at 11:39pm
Patricia and I will be there.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2009 at 12:16am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Maybe some meat pies I here De acquired a taste while downunder.

Hollywood, don't even think of touching this.

Mighty tough to leave this one alone Steve...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2009 at 3:14am
Amy and I will be there...

Josh
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2009 at 9:52am
I will be there.
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2009 at 11:21pm
It sounds like one more thing to look forward to....I'll head down on Thursday afternoon, count me in.
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 11:28am
Count me for two
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 1:46pm
Renee and I will try to make it. We will be leaving home around noon. It is 5+ hours so we will be late plus need to set up camp. We'll see how it goes. May honk as we drive by.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 2:06pm
Trying to get everything worked out, plan is to be in GL all week and My Daughter will be with me again this year.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 5:14pm
Bringing an extra set of truck keys with you also,Chris?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

Bringing an extra set of truck keys with you also,Chris?

Funny Guy Tom, no worries this year, Hollywood will be handling all the keys, DOH!!

BTW, you and Greg making the trip again this year?
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 11:30pm
Last I heard yes we will be there.Sorry but I had to give you some grief about the keys.
Back yo your regular scheduled program now.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 1:24am
Don't want to thread jack, but I hope Joe will bring some homemade LOUD devices for the event to start off with a BANG!!!!!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 1:32am
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Don't want to thread jack, but I hope Joe will bring some homemade LOUD devices for the event to start off with a BANG!!!!!

I will of course be there, still waiting for final count for guests. Might be as many as 4, or as few as 1 will update later. As to Dave's interogative I am told there were in fact a couple hundred cardboard tubes requested via the interwebs last weekend.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic