Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Prop Performance

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Clew In View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clew In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Prop Performance
    Posted: May-11-2009 at 1:17am
Hey,

I tried out my Acme 540 out this weekend on my 1982 Ski Nautique 2001. I think it is a great improvement over my old prop. I was topping out at 3800 rpm and 42mph.

I was reading some of the other post and others were stating higher rpms than what I am running.   Any thoughts?

Thanks

Clew In
Clew In
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 6:30am
3800 is pretty on the low side, have you done a tune up on the boat recently? are you sure you tach is accurate? how many hours on that engine?

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 10:35am
If he's running 42mph then the 3800 may be a little low but is not far off. Tune the boat and set the timing then have another go at it and see where it gets you.

Report back and we'll start trouble shooting.
Clew In View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clew In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 11:52am
Hey,

It has been two years since a tune up and I have 865hrs on the boat. It seems to run well and starts up fine. This was the first run after sitting in the garage all winter and it fired on the third or fourth crank. Ran great. However, I will check into a tune up and I was also thinking of electronic ignition.

Clew In
Clew In
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic