NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UK’s 78 SN

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 8>
Author
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK’s 78 SN
    Posted: May-14-2009 at 8:36pm
Odds bits I made

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2009 at 12:05am
pretty sweet work there roger.. top drawer..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2009 at 8:45am
That looks well thought out. Would you tell us some of the details?

I gotta hang out in your shop someday!!!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2009 at 9:51am
Roger,
I sure like the idea of using the resin/glass. No problems with it bonding off at bulkheads like you may have with PVC or other tubing. Just more work!! You sure are the pro with the vacuum bagging!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2009 at 10:37am
Did you built the tubes? what did you use for a core?

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2009 at 2:21pm
That is so cool. Wish you werent in the UK... Id ask you to make me some!
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2009 at 3:32pm
Hi Guys thanks for your kind words but none of you warned me about getting hooked on playing with Epoxy & Glass, here are some shots on how I made it.
Have looked around over here as Pete said for Epoxy supplies the West System is good but when you have a Epoxy habit the cost is to high found this one which has many types for different applications even one to make fuel tanks and a Epoxy foam for structural work, the cost is now 50% less now I buy it in a 43Kg drum kit.
Sicomin Epoxy

For tubes used Foam edge protectors we use on tops with wood inside if you need a bend just put bits in and then just staple plastic pallet banding along the sides loop round one end and staple down the other side leaving long tail at on end,so when dry you can rap around a stick and pull out.
When you fit the foam together over the wood you can make the bend and hold by the odd strip of masking tape then wrap the hole thing in Cling Film /Pallet wrap.
As for matting I used 4 axel cloth just in 2 strips each side well wet it will give and shape if you work it around the bend and wrap again with Pallet wrap tight,when all wrapped up you can smooth out a crease with you hands.
Make it longer than you need and cut to size,then set up in the boat on blocks and glass a web across to hold together when dry take out and build off it for main ducked,I went for 6inch flex as we have that here.
When I had the basic shape right then cut the hole out on the main clean up and add more layers to ouside around joint and 6inch pipe.
Thinking about the foam I think you could use the type used on pipes will be trying that out.
Thanks again guys Roger.

Please be careful with this info you may get hooked think I have it bad
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2009 at 1:13pm
Used some pipe foam and it did work out.
Used an off cut of armored cable inside which helps hold in shape and if you twist the foam it makes a bend then tape.
As for pulling out fixed a washer to the end of cable and held in vice to pull out.

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 6:20pm
Hi Guys well had a go at making ballast tanks for each side here is how I did it.

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 6:32pm
Can not load more pictures will try later, should be filling up this week who can guess the weight of them 2200mm long.

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 7:36pm
Roger, that's just plain marvelous!!!
I think I'll have to make a quick trip to the UK soon to see that art work in person...
Don't just cover her up yet... You can teach me a thing or two.
I can even take two days off at work and come by after you finished work and drive back the next morning... (Can you tell I really really wanna see this craftmanship up close?? LOL).

Shoot me a mail: kristof.erens@skynet.be
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 8:05pm
that thing looks wicked!!! to bad we are crossing by..I´d really would have love to see your work personally!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2009 at 10:07pm
Thanks Kris but my stuff is small beer to you,as all who serve for us to be free gets my vote.
Seb I'm sure we will meet soon and keep your post coming great stuff.
Here are some more pictures.

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 5:49am
Just talked to my Chief... No problem in getting two days off to come see this little marvel (showed him the pics ).
Wouldn't be a problem to come look at it. Got anything to do thursday evening...?

Give me a call: +32476/259.477
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Got anything to do thursday evening...?

Didn't I ask first?      
1988 BFN-sold

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 11:48am
Yes you did Greg, but it's just a little more than 6 hours from my home...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 12:31pm
If I could get Pete to tell me how to change my raw water pump to a sea water pump, I could get there in 5.5...   

Too bad my concord is in the shop.    
1988 BFN-sold

uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 5:54pm
Kris will be great to meet up just give me a few months to finish off some other parts I have on the go, and it will give me a push to finish off the house rebuild, have already thought of my CCF friends around the world and now have a built in coffee machine to fit so all you need to bring is the beans you like and show me how to work it.
I'm working on a bank job at the moment so time is tight (yes I know you like driving but I'm ok for a driver as its not that type of job) but sure we meet soon a share a few beer's or ales.
I take it the number you post just need the country code added first.

Greg just lean up the mixture and the chevy power should do the 4k on a tank.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2009 at 9:39am
Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

I take it the number you post just need the country code added first.

I don't know if your phone works with the "+", but if it does, that's the complete number to reach me from anywhere.
(Country code for Belgium is either 0032 or +32)

uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2009 at 12:29pm
Have them full of water and on test

Also go the weights done
Tank 1

Tank 2

Now on Tank 3 under the back seat.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2009 at 11:25am
Which side are you going to put the heavy one on?    

Just kidding; that's amazing that your weights are so close!
1988 BFN-sold

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2009 at 11:48am
little piece of engineering!!!
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2009 at 1:05pm
Greg and Seb I could spin a load of BS that it was all worked out but the truth is I just went for it to see if I could do it had no idea of what weight it would come out to shame the extra 2 lb is on the drivers side, still if I use speedo's instead of board shorts may balance it up.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2009 at 5:05pm
Little threadjack, sorry...
Roger... Go check over here and over here...
Reunion is taking form...

nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2009 at 1:49pm
Roger:

Fancy work. Most impressed......
1982 SN 2001 RIP (Resto in Progress)

Don's Diary

uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2009 at 7:46pm
Nautiless thanks, you will have no problem with your stringer job had the tanks full all over the weekend until Monday and not a drip to be seen, did think I would have the odd one but all clear just shows how good the epoxy is.

Oh and thanks for letting us win one game
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2009 at 7:58pm
thraed jack..
nauti..so u like soccer? how about me going there to the world cup? got place? LOL
nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 5:25am
No prob Roger. The Lion's forwards had us worked out last weekend.

Don's Diary

nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 5:27am
Kap:

I enjoy both football and rugby. We're really jacking up for World Cup. Our city is a host city so pop in if you like. I got space.....you're welcome.

Don's Diary

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 5:37pm
not sure as I will be left with the pockets empty after my euro trip and boat TLC!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 8>
  Share Topic