NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need to replaced floor......help

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jcawley3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcawley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need to replaced floor......help
    Posted: February-08-2004 at 3:22pm
My floor is VERY soft around the drivers seat and pylon but very sturdy along sides. How would I go about fixing that. I pulled some of the carpet up i thought it was just a piece of wood like in the back but it looks like fiberglass maybe with wood on the inside. does that sound right. what would be the corect way to fix this.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2004 at 1:04pm
see am's post in general discussion.
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 5:04pm
the stringer system in your boat had a double thick piece of plywood from just in front of the ski pole to just in front of the battery box. in order to repair you pull carpet back to motor ,take out seats,battery. use circular saw and set depth to 1/2in. cut out from ski pole to side of hull on both sides then cut along the edge to front where the floor stops at the hump,then cut across by battery box. remove board and inspect stringers,if rot is found you need to dig out bad wood. then use a product called git-rot. follow instructions on its use. use old board for pattern and cut and fit new into boat. before u fiberglass board in resin coat underside of board. hope this helps.
woodyelc
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 8:34pm
the double 3/4 plywood upper support in the 72 was not glassed on the bottom. it snapped when the kids flipped the tube last summer.

one section is cut the distance between the inside surface of the stringers.

the top section is cut to the outside to outside of the stringer.

woodyelc, have you ever looked at the rot doctor products. i have used git-rot, but he claims better penatration with his cps products. here's the link to the home page. the penatration comparison is in the right margin.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2004 at 10:25am
The rot doctor's stuff is great cost a little more but works, git-rot is a waste of money. I used the rot doc CPES and a badly rotted section of wood under the rear seat with half of the wood gone. applied the CPES now its hard as a rock.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic