Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Re-produced Correct Craft Decals

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 15>
Author
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2010 at 2:26am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Pauly

do still have the rear warning for the 90's sn? I also need the warning that goes besides the gas tank fill neck...
only problem I see is payment...but we can work it out some way..
kapla

Kapla, send me contact information or email me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2010 at 2:33am
Originally posted by mghosn mghosn wrote:

Hi,
I am looking to replace the hull decals on my '95 ski nautique.
Do you have any of them, main side, rear side or transom?
If so I would love to see pics please.
Thanks
Mike

Mike, only decals that I have are on page one of this post. I have seen some CCF members that might be able to help or try Bruce at N3boatworks! Tim D might also be doing these. Look for his post on gear for sale under T-Shirts Ski Nautique 2001 for contact information.
89Ski_Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 11:13pm
Pauly,

I just received the decals today and they look great. I will post photosas soon as they are installed later.

Also, I apologize for the delay in getting your paymment the mail. Linda confirmed she sent payment in the USPS mail yesterday so expect payment within a day two.   

Thanks,
Randy
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique
Bama Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 9:11pm
Pauly,
Very nice looking decals. I am in the process of having my 89 Ski Nautique 2001 re-finished and will definitely be purchasing decals to restore my boat to original condition.

Do you know if anyone on here has had any luck reproducing the side (hull) decals for a 89 Ski Nautique 2001...? I am trying to look through all post and havent seen any yet.

Thanks.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 11:27am
do you have any "put out or get out stickers"?
"the things you own will start to own you"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

do you have any "put out or get out stickers"?

How many do you need?
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 1:48pm
hahahaha,    Trim or Swim
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 1:51pm
Pauly, Have not read the whole post.

How much for Trailer Decals?

Thanks
AT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Pauly, Have not read the whole post.

How much for Trailer Decals?

Thanks
AT

DRCC, pictures of the decals that I offer are on page one as the first post. The 1970's are at $5.00 each or two plus shipping at $15.00 with priority mail with tracking.

Shoot me an email or leave a post with mailing location

I am at mrfurymn.8124@yahoo.com

BTW-What are your thoughts on the Palmer 255 engine in a 1973 and what is the thermo-electric engine. Any idea where you may have the most stringer damage in a 1973? Thanks for the help!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 7:46pm
Pauly,   Regular mail would probably work for me, I've had nothing but bad luck with priority mail.

Did you buy a '73?

I can't say as I've even seen a Palmer V8, unless that's what some are calling a Thermo Electron, which then later became Crusader.
Jess has the 255 Thermo in his '73 as does my '74. They both seem to run excellent.
Most stringer damage in a '73?
Besides under the engine, any where the glass was cut for cross bracing, and all the way forward and all the way aft.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2010 at 3:08pm
DrCC

Topic: 1973
Not yet, but might by the end of March. This is the engine that we will be looking at. We know that the boat was made in March of 1973, 1 of 2 produced the day it was made, and that it is a Palmer 351, 255 horse power with 1150 hours on the original meter. Does this look like yours? I would guess that this would be a quick motor. Electronic ignition was added as an upgrade. Last time in the water was 2008. Currently being well taken care of. We will be inspecting the boat around the end of march!

Here is the engine.

Any help is alway's appreciated.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2010 at 5:07pm
Pauly, In the old brochures, they were listed as a Palmer.
I've always referred to them as Thermo-Electron.   You'll find on one of the valve cover decals: "Thermo-Electron Corp".   No mention of Palmer on the engine.   There is some info on Palmer, but from what I've seen, there wasn't any info past 1947.   

Anyway, You'll probably have to replace the fresh water pump, if it has not been, already.   And exact replacement exhaust manifolds do not exist.

Good luck, be careful and check it out thoroughly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2010 at 7:22pm
DrCC

Great to understand a bit more about this boat. I heard about the fresh water pump. I hope that this one has a metal pump instead of the plastic. The boat is forsale as the result of a very well off guy involved in a nasty ponzi scheme in this area. We will really check this out throughly. My 1983 does around 47 mph, what do these possibly do with the smaller hull?   

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2010 at 8:48pm
Reid has a better understanding of the history, but the red engine pictured above looks like a Palmer. I have a Conquerer-Crusader by Thermo-Electron in my '71 Skier. Crusader acquired Palmer sometime in the early 70's, and Crusader used the Palmer style manifolds for a long time after that. The only differences between the Palmer and Crusader (and Waukesha/PCM) were primarily the cooling system (including the exhaust manifolds) and the accessory mounting. The long blocks were all the same 240-255hp Ford 351w's, and the wiring and ignition systems were all virtually the same.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2010 at 9:30pm
Kinda like what I said before, there is no mention of Palmer on the engine.   Pauly's red engine being identical to mine.
So, Thermo-Electron would fall somewhere between Palmer and Crusader.

So when you go to the parts store looking for parts, they will be listed as Thermo or Crusader.

Pauly,   One good thing, that engine looks like it has not been screwed with much.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 12:39am
I did not see a whole of stuff under the archives on the 255 horse power engine. I will take lots of pictures in late March when we inspect the boat. We will poke around this thing just like a dentist would in the mouth. Thanks for all your help and of course I will keep you guys updated!    
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 12:26pm
Pauly, the 240-255hp engine was essentially the same base 351w longblock that was used in the majority of Correct Crafts from the early 70's through the mid 90's. The only variations between the marinization packages (Palmer, Crusader, Commander, Waukesha/PCM) were the accessory brackets and cooling system. The PCM manuals will have pretty much everything you need in them... anything else has probably been covered here on CCF!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 1:11pm
Pauly,   Forgot to answer your question.

My '74 w/13x13 Federal, runs a consistent 47, in a light 2" chop, I've seen the needles hit 48.
Jess' '73 will walk off and leave mine.
And this is with my Airguides set w/GPS at 24 mph and 36 mph.

From your engine pic, I suspect someone has changed the Morse control.
The reason I say this is, the throttle cable has been moved from Pull to open to Push to open w/a homemade bracket on the front of the intake.
I know, you didn't ask, just an observation.

Decals: Expect an email.

Thanks
AT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 10:08pm
Thanks with the help on the engine questions!

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 10:43pm
Jess gave 2500 w/ trailer.   His was not nearly as nice.   Rode hard and put away wet several times.

Just as I suspected. The Morse control has been changed.
So, if you want to use the original throttle cable mount towards the back of the intake, it's just a matter of changing the set-up on the Morse.
Whoever installed the newer Morse probably thought it was easier to flip the cable at the engine, than to change the control set-up.

I'd keep that one under my hat until the title was in my hand.

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 1:08am
Great Price.

JMO

Donald

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 1:18am
It will be a good boat!

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 1:37am
Paul...You lucky son of a gun. That boat is a NICE find. I would love to have that year and color combo.

By the way, got your stickers on Saturday. Top Notch, just as I knew they would be! I will get a check out to you tomorrow.

Thanks for all your great work on those stickers. They will have the old Southwind looking good this summer.

Dave
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 6:41pm
Pauly,    The under your hat thing, meaning, I think a few other members wouldn't hesitate to buy it out from under you.

Surely it has been re-striped and lettered.   Just wondering if that's the original gel.

I think I would still try a 2500 offer, and see what happens.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 6:54pm
Nice looking boat for < $3,000
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

The under your hat thing, meaning, I think a few other members wouldn't hesitate to buy it out from under you.

I suppose that all depends on what you consider a "member"... but I would like to think that anyone who is active in this community wouldnt do such a thing. Hopefully thats not how you meant it.

Of course, the active members here comprise a pretty small minority of the traffic this site sees- so its not out of the realm of possibility that someone could snatch this up if they had enough info.

Either way, very pretty boat. I want a 73-74 someday!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 8:02pm
I would not need any further info on this boat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 12:18am
DrCC

I got, and all is well. When it is done, I will post results as a thumbs up or down!

Dave,

Great to hear that the decals were done according to specs. We finally got the job done, glad it was worth the wait!

Paul

Kaehr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaehr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 9:13pm
Has anyone ever made/found a ski nautique sticker in the late 70's style writing?? I would love to find some for my truck and my boat.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 10:24pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 15>
  Share Topic