NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

She Floats!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: She Floats!!
    Posted: June-03-2009 at 12:09am
Finished putting the strut and rudder port/rudder, packing and sealing it all up last night and put it in the little lake by the house to see how it floated. Tightened up the packing boxes and it all looked good. New gortex packing and sealed all the strut and rudder port/bolts up with 5200. Now shees ready for some body line paint a buff job and motor and tranny.

Our buddy made us a nice 2 inch ski pole with an aluminum base that is bolted to the stringers. We also got some free steps made to replace the stock rubber ones before we knew they made new ones.

skylark
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2009 at 2:02am
Your getting there.I never thought to see if mine floated before I sunk all that money in it. Those kids in the back ground look like they have never seen a Correct Craft sailboat before,I bet they even think the mast is too short. Kids what do they know-

Are you replacing the rubrail or is the old one able to be reused?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2009 at 2:49am
Haha yeaa they were giving us weird looks the whole time. No motor and a wett sanded finish makes people look at me weird haha.

The rub rail was in deecent enough shape so we polished it all and it looks nice. We are waiting untill we get the body line painted to start putting it all back together and buffing it.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2009 at 2:19pm
actually IŽd never seen a CC "sail"boat either!!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2009 at 1:10am
Just finished tapeing off the body line and it goes in for paint tomorow. Hopefully we will have the exterior finished within next week and be working on the motor/tranny after that. The floor(fiberglass) is also ready to go in after I install the new steering cable. Then its on to gagues/wiring.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic