NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Venturi speedometer set screw

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mr_beat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_beat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Venturi speedometer set screw
    Posted: June-16-2009 at 1:35pm
I have a question about the speedometer(s) on my 85 2001. I believe they are a venturi style, there are two of them on the back as i'm sure you're most aware and they are angled from the rear of the hull down into the water. The one speedometer seems to work relatively well however the other reads 0 all the time. I believe this to be because of the absensce of what appears to be a set screw in the very tip of the guide that sits in the water. Do you know if this is a specialized screw or if I need to just essentially 'plug' the hole?

Ryan
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2009 at 2:17pm
take off the tubing at the pickup and blow some air through. (a bicycle pump set up for sa presta valve will work) see if the needle moves. You might need to replace the pickup.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic