Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I use auto Rims on ’82 S/N trailer?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skinatique27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinatique27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I use auto Rims on ’82 S/N trailer?
    Posted: June-17-2009 at 1:33pm
Hi there,
   Pretty basic question.... But I found a really cheap set of 3 Chrome auto rims 15 inch for sale on Craigslist. I currently have on 2 trailer rims/wheels from Walmart..garbage
   So...My question is...Can I use auto rims on my trailer? Has anyone attempted this? Are there load bearing auto tires? Trailer is around 3000 pounds total...similar to most cars.
   Thank you....

1982 Ski Nautique
Ford 351 Commander
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2009 at 2:48pm
You can use auto wheels, but any info you can find on their load rating would be good for peace of mind. Remember that the weight of a car is spread out on 4 wheels and you likely have 2 on your trailer. Also check the load rating on the tires- I have run car tires on my trailers in the past without issue (as have many others), but dedicated trailer tires really are ideal.

Dont forget to check the bolt pattern on the wheels- your #3 trailer should take 5x4.5", a common Ford size. Most 15" trailer wheels are 6" wide with with zero offset.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic