NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wakeboard Clear Coat Blistering

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Fatboy206 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatboy206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wakeboard Clear Coat Blistering
    Posted: June-23-2009 at 11:51am
I have a one year old wakeboard, used every second weekend, when not in use it's in the garage.

The clear film/skin is peeling off the bottom of the board, sort of blistering from the edges about 1" wide in places.

The film is quite thick and brittle, doesn't look pretty and while I guess warranty has lapsed I'm stll unhappy that this is happening so soon.

Where the film has not blistered it still appears to be sound.

Can anyone suggest a procedure to repair the damage?

Thanks
carnes99 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 7:37am
I don"t know if you have any surf shops available to you, but there are many surfboard repair kits that should work really good. You can look online at www.solarez.com. It is very easy to use. I would use a razorblade to cut any bad spots out, then apply the solarez and follow instructions. Good Luck!
Keep mama happy and life is GOOD!
Josh
2005 SAN LE
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2009 at 3:46pm
Depending on what make of board you have,you may still be under warranty.If you bought it from a local shop,I'd start there.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2009 at 8:22pm
I remember the LF having that problem years back but it was the thin film that gave them the colour and graffics...it peeled in the top side leaving it just plain white...no damage at all to the board....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic